Wii U Forum

Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 121 to 140 of 374

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

121. Posted:

I am not trying to hate on Sony. I legitimately asking How are they selling so well? I see no reason for them to be doing so well but they are. Is there anything I am not seeing?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Mine01

122. Posted:

PS4 is being sold in pure hype.
Its just internet is biased on ps4, i mean whats the release date of the order? driveclub? there isnt, but its ok because its sony.
No release date for smash bros or bayonetta 2, x, nintendo is doomed.
No release date for sunset overdrive, halo 5, microsoft has alredy lost this gen.

I can understand the sony hype tough, i mean ps3 closed last gen strong, but still ps4 is being sold on pure hype, when all it have gotten so far are mediocre games (except for infamous ss and some third party games.)

Edited on by Mine01

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

123. Posted:

PS4 is also a relatively cheap system for what it offers, and there are others reasons to buy one

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

124. Posted:

Mine01 wrote:

PS4 is being sold in pure hype.
Its just internet is biased on ps4, i mean whats the release date of the order? driveclub? there isnt, but its ok because its sony.
No release date for smash bros or bayonetta 2, x, nintendo is doomed.
No release date for sunset overdrive, halo 5, microsoft has alredy lost this gen.

I can understand the sony hype tough, i mean ps3 closed last gen strong, but still ps4 is being sold on pure hype, when all it have gotten so far are mediocre games (except for infamous ss and some third party games.)

Just curious what game websites do you look at because most I glance at have just as much PS4 hating as the other to consoles.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

125. Posted:

GAF is probably the most relevant gaming forum and they have been beating Sony over WWS recent firings and what not.

Ho can you guys not see that people want the best bang for their buck without going into PC place.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

126. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

GAF is probably the most relevant gaming forum and they have been beating Sony over WWS recent firings and what not.

Ho can you guys not see that people want the best bang for their buck without going into PC place.

This is a Nintendo fan site so its not hard to see why.
I like Nintendo as well but its not hard to see why someone would buy a PS4 over a Wii U.

Do you like sports games? Not on the Wii U
You like 3rd party games? Not many on the Wii U
You like AAA games? Not on the Wii U.
Do you like to party chat with friends while playing online? Can't do it on the Wii U.

I honestly think ppl are trolling. Yes, the PS4 has a lot of hype around it and that's the reason its selling well. That's not a bad thing.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

faint

127. Posted:

MAN1AC wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

This is a Nintendo fan site so its not hard to see why.
I like Nintendo as well but its not hard to see why someone would buy a PS4 over a Wii U.

Do you like sports games? Not on the Wii U
You like 3rd party games? Not many on the Wii U
Do you like to party chat with friends while playing online? Can't do it on the Wii U.

I honestly think ppl are trolling. Yes, the PS4 has a lot of hype around it and that's the reason its selling well. That's not a bad thing.

. You lost me at no aaa titles

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

faint

128. Posted:

Didn't Sony promise 100 titles in the first year at e3?

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

129. Posted:

faint wrote:

Didn't Sony promise 100 titles in the first year at e3?

Yep and too date there have been 18 games released for the system this year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

130. Posted:

MAN1AC wrote:

Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Or should I bring up the point where "AAA" is a meaningless title anyway

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

131. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

PS4 is also a relatively cheap system for what it offers, and there are others reasons to buy one

Feng shui
Drunk girls on twitch

Really though this discussion is pointless, all the knowledge about the ps4 is out there, so there's nothing anyone could say to change some of these ignorant views. Sony established itself last gen with high quality exclusives (and the most first party games), great third party support, a vastly improved online service, and then launched the most powerful console at a fairly cheap price.

Most powerful console, all console multiplats, great first party publisher, and an online program that constantly gives incentives to users? Yeah no idea, people must love parallelograms

I'm okay with people not seeing this though, chances are I don't want you on PSN anyways lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

sub12

132. Posted:

If anything, Nintendo could learn a thing or two from Sony"s handling of the PS3 post 2010 and the PS4.

sub12

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

133. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I am not trying to hate on Sony. I legitimately asking How are they selling so well? I see no reason for them to be doing so well but they are. Is there anything I am not seeing?

This is like the 5th time I've seen you make this statement, and you have received more than a dozen responses already with reason why.

Are you not reading the replies or are you just feigning ignorance to make some kind of 'statement'?

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

134. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I'm okay with people not seeing this though, chances are I don't want you on PSN anyways lol

^ This made me chuckle. :D

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

135. Posted:

I don't know why people are asking about Ps4's success. I called it during E3, so you should have seen it coming. It was pretty obvious to me what was gonna happen.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

136. Posted:

This coming o the looks decent

The Amazing Spiderman 2
Swords and Soldiers HD
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition
NES Remix 2
Pier Solar HD
Child of Light

Plus some of the other stuff let like GBA VC.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

137. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

This is like the 5th time I've seen you make this statement, and you have received more than a dozen responses already with reason why.

Are you not reading the replies or are you just feigning ignorance to make some kind of 'statement'?

I have been discussing those points with people. It seems no one knows why the PS4 is doing so well, it just is. It isn't do to price, that would be Wii U. It isn't 3rd Party, those are on last-gen also. Exclusives? Maybe but Sony hasn't released any of there beggest franchises. Technology? PC is always leading in tech as you don't have to wait for a generation and there are products on the market that can be purchased for about the same as a PS4 that plays everything a PS4 can (if it is multiplatform). a little of everything? It is had to believe 6 mill people bought a PS4 for a little of each of these ideas.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

138. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I have been discussing those points with people. It seems no one knows why the PS4 is doing so well, it just is

Except we do know why it's doing so well. You just choose to ignore the arguments.

It isn't do to price, that would be Wii U.

Just because the WIi U is cheaper doesn't mean it's better. The argument is that PS4 offers a much more powerful system for only $100 more.

It isn't 3rd Party, those are on last-gen also.

Gamers can also get enhanced better versions on the PS4.

Exclusives? Maybe but Sony hasn't released any of there beggest franchises.

Same reason why people bought a Wii U at launch. They were promised big games that will come.

Technology? PC is always leading in tech as you don't have to wait for a generation and there are products on the market that can be purchased for about the same as a PS4 that plays everything a PS4 can (if it is multiplatform). a little of everything? It is had to believe 6 mill people bought a PS4 for a little of each of these ideas.

Except the PS4 is pretty impressive for a console. Using the PC here is moot because not every gamer is a PC gamer. Also, PC gaming can get a heck lot more expensive than the PS4 just for parts to optimize their specs. And yes, it's mostly a little bit of everything: indies, big 3rd parties, relatively low price, excellent marketing, hype, functionality and horsepower.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

skywake

139. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

[Except the PS4 is pretty impressive for a console. Using the PC here is moot because not every gamer is a PC gamer. Also, PC gaming can get a heck lot more expensive than the PS4 just for parts to optimize their specs.

You're right, it is good value. That said this here:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($62.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($95.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Storage: Western Digital WD Blue 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($199.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($69.00 @ PLE Computers)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power ... ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($115.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $825.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-31 14:38 EST+1100)

........ will run pretty much every modern game at 1080p with high details above 30fps. Plus it'll support gSync and Valve's in-home streaming tech. So the idea that PC gaming is somehow out of reach is a bit of a stretch. I mean you're probably going to want a PC anyways, what's $200 for a GPU that crushes the PS4?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

BearHunger

140. Posted:

@skywake Whoa… I don't even want to keep up with that stuff, let alone buy it!

Granted I should make an effort to become more computer hardware literate, but I think I just summarized one part of why consoles appeal to some people.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger