Wii U Forum

Topic: The depressing state of the WiiU release schedule

Showing 101 to 120 of 374

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

101. Posted:

@sub12

You plan to get Shovel Knight. Its probably the biggest indie release of April for the system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

102. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I don't regret my Wii U. I thoroughly enjoy(ed) Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo Land, Game and Wario, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. I can wait patiently for the next big hit

This. I mean really, don't people have a back log of other games including retro to play? I don't care if i have to wait 3-4 months for another Wii U game worth playing, because there are so many other games in my back log that i could squeeze in that time period. Never once have i complained about a gaming drought, but then again i don't play video games morning noon and night. I'm a snail when it comes to keeping up with ze' hits & zits. B-)

I'm just too busy doing dance rehearsals for Dance Club Barbie VHS underground.

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

103. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

sub12 wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

@Scar32

You're right. Not everyone values a specific game as much as the next person. What ppl really care about is having a steady stream of games and a variety to choose from...which is why this thread was made in the 1st place.

....and that's why my PS4 is next to my television and my Wii U is hibernating in the closet until May 30th.

Putting it in the closet seems pretty pointless. Is your entertainment center really that cluttered? You really can't find anything to play?

The situation could be pretty serious.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

104. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

sub12 wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

@Scar32

You're right. Not everyone values a specific game as much as the next person. What ppl really care about is having a steady stream of games and a variety to choose from...which is why this thread was made in the 1st place.

....and that's why my PS4 is next to my television and my Wii U is hibernating in the closet until May 30th.

Putting it in the closet seems pretty pointless. Is your entertainment center really that cluttered? You really can't find anything to play?

The situation could be pretty serious.

My XBOX 360 got thrown in the pixel dumpster after 4 months of owning one, and my PS3 Phat has been soley used as a Bluray/DVD/Movie renting-lean mean non-gaming machine for years now. by the looks of the PS4's current library, it would suffer even a nastier fate, which is why i'll never give it a chance outside of being home to more bloated hollywoodized interactive 3D movies with traditional twin stick control schemes. Still want to play the Evil within though, which i can on my PS3 tee hee.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

105. Posted:

@OptometristLime
Kinda. It's like, why would you buy something that's supposed to be next your TV, then put it in the closet? It makes alot more sense to avoid buying things that you aren't going to be interested in.

Most Wii U owners that bought a Wii U on launch had Pikmin, MK, Mario, SSB, Bayonetta 2, Zelda, maybe ZombiU, Rayman, etc. on their minds. Given the 3rd party announcements at E3, buying for 3rd party doesn't seem that crazy, either. So now we have complaints about not liking s***, even though people were well aware of what they were buying, but apparently they weren't aware as they thought... or something?

It would be like complaining PS Eye and Move don't come with the PS4, even though I was aware they weren't included, then I decide to buy it and complain. That's seems pretty counter productive, IMO.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

106. Posted:

@WaveBoy
My PS3 was used for the exact same thing. I honestly liked Xbox 360 more than PS3, which is why I going Xbox One this time around. I got to have the Nintendo, though. As far I know, PS4 doesn't even have 3D bluray playback yet(whether that matters is opinion, I guess). That must have something to do with the specs :P

EDIT: Xbox One doesn't currently have 3D bluray playback, either, but that's just an example of comparing PS3 media capabilities, which does currently support 3D bluray.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

107. Posted:

@SCAR392
I guess the only thing I'm unable to relate to, is the mentality of buying a game just for a few days thrills. Kind of like what you're saying with the system itself, it just strikes me as a crummy attitude to enjoy some brief pleasure and then eject the remains into space. :P

@WaveBoy
Maybe you should play the Evil Within, within your closet space. Might be more frightening that way, hee hee.
You never know when might appear the red light of death. :D

Edited on by OptometristLime

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

108. Posted:

@OptometristLime
Exactly. "Oh, I beat DK. Time for the closet". SMH... We all might as well complain that BC isn't supported on Xbox or PS, even though we knew that pretty far in advance.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

109. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@WaveBoy
My PS3 was used for the exact same thing. I honestly liked Xbox 360 more than PS3, which is why I going Xbox One this time around. I got to have the Nintendo, though. As far I know, PS4 doesn't even have 3D bluray playback yet(whether that matters is opinion, I guess). That must have something to do with the specs :P

EDIT: Xbox One doesn't currently have 3D bluray playback, either, but that's just an example of comparing PS3 media capabilities, which does currently support 3D bluray.

One thing i have to admit, is that i was blown away by the XBOX 360's visuals. Virtua Fighter 4 was quite the stunner! Crystal clear, razor sharp punchy visuals with rock solid deep blacks and proper contrast, where as a lot of PS3 games looked 'soft' and had piss poor washed out contrast, this stands true for Resident Evil 5(which looked very disappointing on the PS3.....RE4 looked a lot better on the Wii due to it's normal proper contrast and non soft sharp visuals), Ghosbusters, Bioshock(ect ect) which i've played on both consoles and the XBOX 360 wins no contest. Ghostbusters on the PS3 looks like an absolute disgrace. Here's an example between the two. Multiconsole PS3 releases suffer nicely in terms of soft visuals, poor washed out anti-punchy contrast and even missing effects and weaker lighting.

Ghostsbusters side by side, this is exactly the same fate that happened to Resident Evil 5. :P
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-ghostbusters/

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

110. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

@SCAR392
I guess the only thing I'm unable to relate to, is the mentality of buying a game just for a few days thrills. Kind of like what you're saying with the system itself, it just strikes me as a crummy attitude to enjoy some brief pleasure and then eject the remains into space. :P

@WaveBoy
Maybe you should play the Evil Within, within your closet space. Might be more frightening that way, hee hee.
You never know when might appear the red light of death. :D

The PS3 doesn't get the red ring of death, instead if you're one of the unfortunate loony lemmings it will transforms into your very own Pancake grilling decepticon and never play games again until you pay sony a fair share of Koopatroopa coins, that or a pile of gran turismo tacos. zoink!

Also, they really need to release the Evil Within on the Wii U, there's just no excuse.....except for the guaranteed piss poor sales. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

111. Posted:

@WaveBoy
I know. I had a PS3 first, because my parents were buying it for our new HD, and wanted bluray. I was completey content with PS3 being my only HD console. Halo Reach was actually the game to get me to finally buy an Xbox 360, along with the new slim model. I had played most of the multiplats on PS3 before I got an Xbox 360, so I didn't really feel like double dipping.

Bluray was definitely the sell point, IMO, because otherwise PS3 had basically nothing between its rivals, besides free online, which is now gone.
Xbox One actually has more media features than PS4, currently, so that argument is out the window, unless people are willing to buy the "it can, it just won't" argument.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

memoryman3

112. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

If I have a machine (360 or PS3) that can play the games I want, why upgrade to a new machine (PS4) just for a small increase in performance?

In the case of Battlefield 4, a large increase in performance. People are tired of old technology and want better graphics.

Edited on by memoryman3

Get ready for the HYRULE SPIDERMAN! Coming to Wii U and 3DS this summer!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter: realmemoryman3

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

113. Posted:

memoryman3 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

If I have a machine (360 or PS3) that can play the games I want, why upgrade to a new machine (PS4) just for a sml increase in performance?

In the case of Battlefield 4, a large increase in performance. People are tired of old technology and want better graphics.

If people want the best tech, performance, or/and graphics then they need to go PC, so I don't understand PS4 sales. If you want those things go PC, if not tgen your old console can play most of PS4's big titles. So did people really only buy a PS4 fir 1 or 2 games (Killzone or InFamous)? And those people refuse to buy a Wii U for 1 or 2 games (when there are at least 5 must haves out now)?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

114. Posted:

Hahaha I knew this thread would turn into a 'why do people buy that awful ps4' discussion

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

115. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Hahaha I knew this thread would turn into a 'why do people buy that awful ps4' discussion

I am not saying the PS4 is awful, I just don't understand why people are buying it. Can you explain?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

116. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Its sad that has become the main default counter argument every time.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

117. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Pretty much. Sony's success has made them so unpopular on this site. lol

Evil Sony, makin NLers mad with all those sales : ( (especially since there's apparently no reason to buy a ps4 loool)

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

118. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Pretty much. Sony's success has made them so unpopular on this site. lol

Evil Sony, makin NLers mad with all those sales : ( (especially since there's apparently no reason to buy a ps4 loool)

There's a few perfect reasons to buy a PS4, it lets you watch TV shows right on your TV, and is an excellent weapon to use if being robbed. :3

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

119. Posted:

That's true.. the shape also allows you to develop your feng shui if you have a room designed around parallelograms

The uses are endless lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

WebHead

120. Posted:

Sigh I suppose unsurprisingly, this thread has turned into a "hate on Sony's PS4 success because We're Nintendo fans" thread. Seriously, It's not the end of the world if PS4 outsells Wii U. It's not the first time a PS console outsold a Nintendo console. The PS4 is selling better than the Wii U atm. Get over it, move on, and play games.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime