Forums

Topic: The advantage of not having EA on board

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

dumedum

EA has just relased this:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/04/dungeon-keeper-review-microtran...

An "anti game" to one of the greatest games I remember playing as a teenager. EA released an abomination. They took a truly magnificent classic from one of the best studios to ever exist (Bullfrog) and released it 17 years later as complete ****. Like they usually do.

As I was thinking how terrible EA is, the review mentioned Nintendo a couple of times, and I suddenly realized how great it is to know Wi U will not be defiled anymore by companies like that, that it's still a pure gaming console. Nintendo fortunately has still not deteriorated to this level and will keep releasing real games for the Wii U.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

8BitSamurai

Why would anybody want to miss out on being a real-life beta tester! (Just $59.99 + Tax)

Untitled

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AJ_Lethal

Seems like EA is going for the hat-trick when it comes to the Golden Poo .

DudeSean

Yeah, I used to like The Sims and SimCity, but the new ones are just terrible. I mean, I guess the gameplay is still alright, but you're constantly being shown things that you can spend real money on to buy in the game. I don't mind DLC, but when there are microtransactions for every aspect of the game, I think it's time to tone it down. It's too bad Maxis can't separate themselves from EA.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

crazycrazydave

Words can't describe the revulsion I feel right now towards EA. Maybe this one will do.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

shingi_70

The advantage is Nintendo gamers won't have to worry about the mainstream core to sully their systems.

If we're being honest the fact that I can't play Madden or FIFA on the Wii U makes me want to skip it or get it as my last system.

A good game is a good game, and Nintendo is only at a disadvange without EA and other third parties.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

Yes! I am so glad EA is off the Nintendo party bus.

Nintendo doesn't need third parties! Down with the establishment!

Nintendo fortunately has still not deteriorated to this level and will keep releasing real games for the Wii U.

What's a fake game exactly?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

The advantage is Nintendo gamers won't have to worry about the mainstream core to sully their systems.

If we're being honest the fact that I can't play Madden or FIFA on the Wii U makes me want to skip it or get it as my last system.

A good game is a good game, and Nintendo is only at a disadvange without EA and other third parties.

@shingi_70 The fact that you can't get the most recent Madden or FIFA game on the Wii U makes you want to skip the Wii U? LOL I'm sorry but that's making me laugh. I NEED MY NEXT GEN FOOTBALL AND SOCCER LOL!!!! The last good Madden game I played was Madden 2007 on PS2.

Seriously though... I wish EA supported Wii U more but EA can be a really terrible company sometimes...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

edhe

To be fair, you won't find this game on the Xbox One or PS4.

@DudeSean

I have Sims 3 myself - I bought it before Origin was implemented. I think the thing I hate most about Sims 3 is the endless expansion packs. I've a good mind to re-buy Sims 2 and it's expansion packs and be done with it (though you aren't able to explore the neighbourhood like you can in Sims 3).

But this is what EA are now. While turds like Dungeon Keeper 2014 aren't on consoles, games like Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 4 are (albeit not on the Nintendo one), and they are positively infested with DLC and microtransactions. EA have mae it clear that this is the path they are going to take, and it's only a matter of time before someone - maybe EA themselves try to pull this off on a console.

Just not the Nintendo one...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Jaz007

The Wii U still gets trash games, most big companys will put a trash game on their system. This is just a fanboy thing to say. These so called "advantages" are things that kill the Wii U. EA publishes a lot of great games that sell well, and help sell consoles.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Breaking News! EA joins one of the thousands of iOS developers who try to scam iOS players out of their money with "Free to play" games.

Yeah, let me know when they try this with their console games. Because until then you're just hate mongering.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

8BitSamurai

DudeSean wrote:

Yeah, I used to like The Sims and SimCity, but the new ones are just terrible. I mean, I guess the gameplay is still alright, but you're constantly being shown things that you can spend real money on to buy in the game. I don't mind DLC, but when there are microtransactions for every aspect of the game, I think it's time to tone it down. It's too bad Maxis can't separate themselves from EA.

Let's not forget EA's masterclass servers

Untitled

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Knux

Nintendo is missing out regardless of how you're looking at it. No matter how awful EA's business decisions are, they do churn out some great games.

Knux

moomoo

So instead of the Wii U getting games that you, as a consumer, can easily ignore, it just doesn't, getting rid of any revenue that could have come from that game (some of which would have went into Nintendo's pockets).

Not to mention this isn't on the other consoles either, removing any point.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

MasterHiggins

EA make things right with B.O.B. 2 and General Chaos 2

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

shingi_70

@blast

Yep its not just say FIFA or Madden. The Wii H is barley any support and if support and sales are any indication I might as well wait tjkm another price drop or X.

I see not coming to the system

Madden
FIFA
EA UFC
The Witcher
Final Fantasy XV
Mordor
Murdered Soul Suspect
Etc.

Nintendo has lost a lot of consumers and not having popular games won't help.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

dumedum

Chrono_Cross wrote:

What's a fake game exactly?

Read the linked review and you'll see

@shingi - Wii U never lost these games, nor were there any consumers who wanted to buy those games on Wii U. But you're derailing the thread. This is about not having the stench of EA around, which is axiomatically good.

edhe wrote:

But this is what EA are now. While turds like Dungeon Keeper 2014 aren't on consoles, games like Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 4 are (albeit not on the Nintendo one), and they are positively infested with DLC and microtransactions. EA have made it clear that this is the path they are going to take, and it's only a matter of time before someone - maybe EA themselves try to pull this off on a console.

Just not the Nintendo one...

This man speaks the truth!

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

theblackdragon

Come on, guys, we don't need any threads for the sole purpose of bashing anything, please and thank you.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.