Wii U Forum

Topic: The 2014 Titles

Showing 21 to 39 of 39

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

21. Posted:

swordx wrote:

Nintendo has stated they have more unannounced Wii U games if that helps.

well everyone has unannouned titles to be fair.

I'm hoping to get a new Blue Ocean game or something similar.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

22. Posted:

"We'll have Mario Kart 8 out next spring, at that point we'll have the whole lineup in place, so I think it's about time we brought out a new franchise," - Miyamoto

"On the other hand, when it comes to brand-new types of games, we have to announce them not too far in advance of the actual release dates in order to have a strong impact in the market and minimize the chance of others introducing similar or competing products. We are working on new types of games, but we would like to announce them much closer to their actual release timings for this reason." - Iwata

Some quotes that hint to the future of Wii U in 2014.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

23. Posted:

There's an 87.54% chance that Smash will come out in 2015 instead, lol.
you know how Sakurai is, lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

24. Posted:

I only care about X and FE cross Shin Megami Tensei. 2 games i will play for hours.

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

25. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

"We'll have Mario Kart 8 out next spring, at that point we'll have the whole lineup in place, so I think it's about time we brought out a new franchise," - Miyamoto

"On the other hand, when it comes to brand-new types of games, we have to announce them not too far in advance of the actual release dates in order to have a strong impact in the market and minimize the chance of others introducing similar or competing products. We are working on new types of games, but we would like to announce them much closer to their actual release timings for this reason." - Iwata

Some quotes that hint to the future of Wii U in 2014.

I know why they do it but I hate this strategy tbh. Its a reason why I didn't pick up a Wii U at launch. Not having a good idea of what was on the horizon made me wary. While Microsoft/Sony have the fear of showing too much I like to have an inkling of what to expect for next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

26. Posted:

If I didn't already own a Wii U, I would probably wait until this holiday season. Or, actually, who am I kidding: I'd pick up the Wind Waker bundle for sure haha

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

27. Posted:

Wii U 2014
Yarn Yoshi
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
X
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensi
Steel Diver
Third Nintendo X Sega game

for comparasion

Xbox One 2014
Kinect Sports Rivals
D4
Below
Quantum Break
Fable Legends (or at least the beta is coming soon)
Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Project Spark

Playstation 4 2014
Shadow of the beast
Rime
Infamous second son
The Order 1886
Hell Divers

Like someone eariler said next year look's like Wii U's spotlight year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

28. Posted:

Actually, the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are also getting TESO, which could even out the playing field.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

29. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Actually, the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are also getting TESO, which could even out the playing field.

I'm talking exclusives and the playing field is already even just with the current lineups.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LetsGoRetro

30. Posted:

Sony_78, as the Wii U and 3DS Sonic Lost World games are different, are we sure those don't account for 2 of the 3 Nintendo/Sega exclusives, with the Olympics game being the third? Seems possible. From what I understand, they're much different games VS one being a portable version of the other.

Also, you forgot Titanfall, that game looks really cool. As well as Crimson Dragon, altho that's 2013. I loved Panzer Dragoon, so i'm excfited for it. As well as on the non exclusive side, Destiny.

Ivve never owned an Xbox or played any of their exclusives, but this lineup of: Ryse, Fable Legends, and Crimson Dragon in 2013 with Titanfall coming early 2014 and Halo 5 TBA 2014 looks KILLER.

i was planning on going Wii U and Ps4 but from what ivve seen, infamous: second son is the only interesting looking ps4 exclusive.

Wii U: ZeldaU, SSB, MK8, X, Bayo2, Yarn Yoshi, SMTxFE
XBone: Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Fable Legends, Titanfall, Halo 5, and multiRplatform Destiny

Looks like the best choice to go for a 2 system setup. In the above lineup, Nintendo has the slight advantage but if a Metroid, Starfox or F Zero is announced, they'll take a lengthier lead.

LetsGoRetro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

31. Posted:

@LetsGoRetro

How could I forgot Crimson Dragon. Probably one of the reasons why im going Xbox One/Wii U.

I'd suggest looking up videos of the other exclusives. Halo is pretty awesome and the story in all the games connects. I think the timeline goes

Reach-> Halo CE->ODST->Halo 2->Halo 3->Halo 4->Halo Spartan Ops
with various webseries, comics, and books between

The Tradtional Fable series is sort of a mix of Zelda and Skyrim..

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

32. Posted:

All I want is a Dark Souls II release date.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

33. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Tradtional Fable series is sort of a mix of Zelda and Skyrim..

that's the biggest insult to Zelda and Skyrim

and to anyone's intelligence

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

34. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Tradtional Fable series is sort of a mix of Zelda and Skyrim..

that's the biggest insult to Zelda and Skyrim

and to anyone's intelligence

Eh its a somewhat open linear game with the charm of Zelda with gameplay styles of a WRPG. The only real way to describe it is some weird freakisj Zelda/Skyrim/Sims mixture.

Personally I prefer Fable to Elder Scrolls.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

35. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Tradtional Fable series is sort of a mix of Zelda and Skyrim..

that's the biggest insult to Zelda and Skyrim

and to anyone's intelligence

Eh its a somewhat open linear game with the charm of Zelda with gameplay styles of a WRPG. The only real way to describe it is some weird freakisj Zelda/Skyrim/Sims mixture.

Personally I prefer Fable to Elder Scrolls.

I dunno man, I played Fable 3 and it is one of the worst games I've played in the past 5+ years. I'm not even one to hate on games people like but that game sucked so hard.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

36. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Tradtional Fable series is sort of a mix of Zelda and Skyrim..

that's the biggest insult to Zelda and Skyrim

and to anyone's intelligence

Eh its a somewhat open linear game with the charm of Zelda with gameplay styles of a WRPG. The only real way to describe it is some weird freakisj Zelda/Skyrim/Sims mixture.

Personally I prefer Fable to Elder Scrolls.

I dunno man, I played Fable 3 and it is one of the worst games I've played in the past 5+ years. I'm not even one to hate on games people like but that game sucked so hard.

Fable II is GOAT. I found Fable III to be okay for newbie and I liked the empahsis on story beats. The problem it had was taking all of what made the first and second game and putting it behind that stupid gate system. It made me face palm so freaking hard that I had to unlock the ability to buy property when in Fable II the first thing I did was masscure the starting village to drive buying prices and then upon getting the property renting it out for 10x that amount.

Still I know a few starting gamers who really like the series. I can see why the third game has its detractors but its one of those things where the charm and asethics of the universe are far more appealing than Generic fantasy SKyrim. The fact that one of the missions is literally a D&D campgain is why I love the series.

I think Molynexu gone and the chnages Lionhead has gone through they can make another good tradtional fable despite saying they aren't (A pack of liars). The biggest problem the series gas faced is actually having an in universe progression of time alongside technology, while getting rid of most of the fantasy elements. I think the next three games are an indication that whatever the post Journy world is its going to be bring back the fantasy elements.

Ironicly I think that Fable III having a much more in depth story was a huge detriment to the gameplay.

Damn I typed more than I thought I would.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StricknitDex

37. Posted:

Project X, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 will have online play, Yarn Yoshi very unlikely, Bayonetta 2 unknown but possible, SMT X FE likely and Zelda for Wii U likely to have online features (according to wiiudaily it's coming 2014).

Edited on by StricknitDex

3DS Friend Code: 3411 - 1630 - 0165
Friend Safari: Fire (Magmar, Charmeleon and Ninetales)
Safari Pokemon Im searching: Charmeleon, Spritzee
Shinies for trade: Floette, Boldore, Eevee (male, looking for female)
Random gif: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3563/remo.gif

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

38. Posted:

I think Wii Sports U in 2014 is pretty likely. And I know I will get MK8, Bayo2, and Smash.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

39. Posted:

I'm very excited for what Nintendo has revealed for 2014 so far, and we're not even close to a lot of it. A lot of the games on that list have potential to be blockbusters, plus whatever other secrets they have in store. It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for games overall though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes