Forums

Topic: The 2014 Titles

Posts 1 to 20 of 38

LetsGoRetro

Hey, everybody. First time poster here. Have a question, as I'm returning to playing video games after a VERY long hiatus ( Last time I played, I was reading n64.com before it merged with IGN ... yeah... )

So far, these seem to be the games announced for 2014. all of which with a release date TBA:

Mario Kart 8
Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
X
Bayonetta 2
Smash Bros.
Zelda U ( I know it's almost guaranteed to not release until 2015. but whatever, let's include it)

And I think thats it. Having just turned 29 and not having been a gamer for a very long time, I have no one to play with. None of my friends have any interest in gaming, so I'm going to have to rely on online. While nearly every game on this list excites me, its not much. Is it typical for systems nowaday to have so little on the Horizon? Is someone like me, who's going to be looking for lots of games with online multi, better off going to Sony and/or Microsoft?

I love Nintendo. I grew up with their stuff, but this being the first of their consoles Ive owned in over a decade, i feel they are maybe focusing on more of a younger crowd than what im looking for? Any suggestions?

LetsGoRetro

Freakazoid

Well i guess mario kart will definetly get online again and ssb will get it for sure again too. And overall it depends on which games u like for example when u love online i can suggest monsterhunter 3 ultimate and when u like fps cod ghosts is coming which loomed interesting to me.

Sign this petition to bring rts to the wii u

http://www.change.org/petitions/software-developers-bring-the-real-time-strategy-genre-to-the-wii-u

LetsGoRetro

Thanks for the response? Was I right or are there other games coming to Wii u in 2014 that i missed?

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro

Sorry i meant ! not ? in my response above.

LetsGoRetro

Vincent294

The Xbox One & PS4 have more on the horizon, but the Wii U's 2014 lineup is looking better than its 2012 & 2013 lineups. The 3DS & Xbox 360 are my main consoles. Some games I recommend are:

• Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
  • Halo 3 (X360)
  • Minecraft (PC, X1, PS4, X360, PS3, Vita, iOS, & Android)
  • VVVVVV (PC & 3DS)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (3DS, Wii U, X360, PS3, & PC)
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
  • Xenoblade (Wii)

System totals: 4 [games] - 3DS; 3 - X360 & PC; 2 - PS3; 1 - X1, PS4, Wii U, Wii, Vita, iOS, & Android.

Upcoming games that look promising to me are:

• Grand Theft Auto V (X360 & PS3)
  • Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
  • X (Wii U)
  • Metal Gear Solid V (X1, PS4, X360, & PS3)
  • Smash Bros 4 (Wii U & 3DS)
  • Infamous Second Son (PS4)
  • Halo 5 (X1)

System totals: 2 [games] - X1, PS4, Wii U, X360, PS3, & 3DS.

I recommend getting a 3DS the most. If you have a Wii U, refer to the list of games I think are promising or recommend. Same applies to the other consoles. PC isn't a half bad way to go, & the other consoles you should decide by preference of exclusives (Xbox & Playstation have similar game selections).
Edit: If you get a current gen system, I recommend the Xbox 360. The PS4 looks like it might be better than the Xbox One next gen, but their games will tell, & both can power the same kind of games for the most part.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Vincent294

LetsGoRetro wrote:

Sorry i meant ! not ? in my response above.

There's an edit feature if that helps. Hover your mouse over your message & in the upper left corner there should be options.
Edit: I mean right. Well, that's how you use the edit feature.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Freakazoid

@Letsgoretro
Well those are all nintendo exklusivs ( the games u counted on)so of course there are coming more but i cant remember if there are many announcements

Edited on by Freakazoid

http://www.change.org/petitions/software-developers-bring-the-real-time-strategy-genre-to-the-wii-u

banacheck

I play online/single player mostly on the PS3 & mostly single player or co-op with the Wii U, the PS4 will also have plenty of online games. I use the Wii U for Nintendo exclusives mostly, at the moment online gaming i would look more towards the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One. As obviously thay'll have a lot of online games, but the Wii U does have online games but not as meny.

banacheck

Vincent294

banacheck wrote:

I play online/single player mostly on the PS3 & mostly single player or co-op with the Wii U, the PS4 will also have plenty of online games. I use the Wii U for Nintendo exclusives mostly, at the moment online gaming i would look more towards the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One. As obviously thay'll have a lot of online games, but the Wii U does have online games but not as meny.

Then X & Smash Bros 4 look like the best games for you. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem also seems promising.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

banacheck

Then X & Smash Bros 4 look like the best games for you. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem also seems promising.

I haven't played a Fire Emblem game, i like all kinds of games but for me RPG's are the best types. Am i right in saying Fire Emblem is an RPG? X looks excellent what i've seen off it, and cannot wait to see more & play the game. I've played Smash Bros before so i'm definitely getting Smash Bros4.

banacheck

CaviarMeths

banacheck wrote:

I haven't played a Fire Emblem game, i like all kinds of games but for me RPG's are the best types. Am i right in saying Fire Emblem is an RPG? X looks excellent what i've seen off it, and cannot wait to see more & play the game. I've played Smash Bros before so i'm definitely getting Smash Bros4.

Fire Emblem is tactical RPG, in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics, Shining Force, or Disgaea. In my opinion though, Fire Emblem is a superior franchise to all of those.

Little information we have to on with FExSMT though, developers seemed to indicate that it might be a straight RPG.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CM30

To be honest, I'd wait a bit before deciding whether to buy a Wii U for 2014's games. I mean, that list you gave is likely only a very small part of the overall picture, and it's very likely that the Wii U (as well as both Xbox One and PS4) will have a lot more games announced for that year nearer their release date.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

LetsGoRetro

DestinyMan wrote:

I have a feeling 2014 will be to Wii U what 2013 is to 3DS.

I really hope you're right. But we're gonna need a TON more games coming in for that to happen. More than the 3ds, because the home console business has much toughercompetition than the portable.

I honestly feel like the Wii U can get by with little to no 3rd party support. . i remember reading there are about (going off of memory) 8 first party game making divisions within Nintendo (All the EAD's, etc) as well as around 10 or so second parties. Let's say they each have a couple games going at a time, and that's plenty of games, especially when factoring the Indie stuff. Obviously you need some 3rd party support, but I don't think its as big a deal as everyones making it out to be. There are lots of Nintendo fans out there willing to either just play Nintendo stuff or have them as a second console choice. I know i'm one of those people.

LetsGoRetro

shingi_70

X, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 8 will have online gameplay.

If you want to play online I'd say the PS4 or X1 would be the best bets to get, since those titles are built for the ground up for online like the Wii U.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Freakazoid

X is going online? I didnt hear of this have u any source?

shingi_70

Freakazoid wrote:

X is going online? I didnt hear of this have u any source?

Just speculation based on the first trailer having a monster Hunter style chat log.

Just speculation at this point but I could see Nintendo taking this game online.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Freakazoid

Ohh yeah i forgot about this. Well the game itself looks made for online in my eyes anyway

swordx

Nintendo has stated they have more unannounced Wii U games if that helps.

swordx

shingi_70

swordx wrote:

Nintendo has stated they have more unannounced Wii U games if that helps.

well everyone has unannouned titles to be fair.

I'm hoping to get a new Blue Ocean game or something similar.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.