Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 541 to 559 of 559

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Ok, I'm going to Float a WILD THEORY. My own, and most likely 100 percent false.

What if Tantalus is making the Twilight Princess HD port. It would check all the boxes, that Tantalus stated. It would also stand to reason as why there has been a complete lack of information regarding their Wii U port project since last February. Tantalus has done a pretty good job with quick Wii U ports.

If that rumor is correct that Wii U owners are getting Twilight Princes HD due to Zelda Wii U delay or cancelation and complete movement to NX. Check the other sites. You will see it.

Now, the larger conspiracy is did they know all along that Zelda U wasn't coming to Wii U and the Star Fox was never going to make it this holiday season. That would also be an interesting discussion.

If Tantalus is behind this.... I swear... I'm gonna be so freaking angry...

This gif represents how I will react if Tantalus isn't working on a JRPG port but is instead working on a totally unnecessary and premature Twilight Princess HD game... Untitled

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Ok, I'm going to Float a WILD THEORY. My own, and most likely 100 percent false.

What if Tantalus is making the Twilight Princess HD port. It would check all the boxes, that Tantalus stated. It would also stand to reason as why there has been a complete lack of information regarding their Wii U port project since last February. Tantalus has done a pretty good job with quick Wii U ports.

If that rumor is correct that Wii U owners are getting Twilight Princes HD due to Zelda Wii U delay or cancelation and complete movement to NX. Check the other sites. You will see it.

Now, the larger conspiracy is did they know all along that Zelda U wasn't coming to Wii U and the Star Fox was never going to make it this holiday season. That would also be an interesting discussion.

If Tantalus is behind this.... I swear... I'm gonna be so freaking angry...

This gif represents how I will react if Tantalus isn't working on a JRPG port but is instead working on a totally unnecessary and premature Twilight Princess HD game... Untitled

The only HD Jrpgs that I think it could have been we're Kingdom hearts 1&2 HD or final fantasy 13. Kingdom hearts I find more likely.

IF THIS IS TRUE, a big if...

I wonder if this means we are not getting Zelda U and now it is strictly NX.

You already know how I feel about this... What hurts me is that... the chance of Tantalus working on Twilight Princess HD is incredibly high and actually very realistic... It makes sense but it doesn't mean I like it at all! I'm disappointed!!! Untitled

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

I'm sure if TP HD is real, then it would be Grezzo to be the ones making it. They did a fine job on the 3DS games, I can't imagine why Nintendo would suddenly choose to have Tantalus port it, who's recent work is Deus Ex for Square Enix and Mass Effect 3 for EA.

TuVictus

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I agree, but if it is the case, at least the mystery is solved and let's face it, WII U needs all the games it can get.

In that sense, something decent, good, or great is always welcomed.

Yeah... no. Wii U deserves better than this. I love Twilight Princess. I honestly do. But giving the Wii U a Twilight Princess HD game while Zelda U hasn't been talked about in forever and there's backwards compatibility AND VC support is just mind-numbing to me. I was hoping that Hyrule Warrios 2, Zelda NX, and Twilight Princess HD would be all NX games.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Operative wrote:

I'm sure if TP HD is real, then it would be Grezzo to be the ones making it. They did a fine job on the 3DS games, I can't imagine why Nintendo would suddenly choose to have Tantalus port it, who's recent work is Deus Ex for Square Enix and Mass Effect 3 for EA.

Grezzo were doing Majora's Mask 3D not that long ago, right? So they were busy with that. If Twilight Princess HD is coming soon then Tantalus would've probably had been developing it for a while now. Don't fret. Aonuma will throw Grezzo yet another Zelda project.

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

You're assuming Grezzo can't work on multiple things at once. I'm not ruling out Tantalus, it would just be unexpected when it seems Grezzo has been the go-to guys for Zelda updates.

TuVictus

TuVictus

I was referring to Blast, but your points are equally valid. We shall see. I just want any Nintendo news, really. Don't care what it is, just wanna know what's going through their heads right now.

TuVictus

Blast

Well, Tantalus.. You have one job. Make this gif of the Zelda Wii U tech demo prettier and even more flashy and I might just buy Twilight Princess HD.
IMPRESS ME, TANTALUS.
Untitled

Master of the Hype Train

Offspring

I was hoping for some sort of collection or a super late GOTY edition of one of the many big 3rd party games that skipped the Wii U, but I'd be okay with Twilight Princess HD. It will take more than a visual makeover for me to buy the game for the 3rd time though.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Jazzer94

Bit disappointing that this was their project, was hoping for a third party game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TuVictus

So I was wrong! How strange, because TP is certainly not bigger than Mass Effect 3. Oh well.

Don't kill me...but I honestly thought for most of the trailer, that they were showing the gamecube version, because it looks the same. I thought it was gonna look like the new Link model.

TuVictus

Blast

Jazzer94 wrote:

Bit disappointing that this was their project, was hoping for a third party game.

Pretty much

Master of the Hype Train

whodatninja

Blast wrote:

Well, Tantalus.. You have one job. Make this gif of the Zelda Wii U tech demo prettier and even more flashy and I might just buy Twilight Princess HD.
IMPRESS ME, TANTALUS.
Untitled

Yeeeeah..about that...

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Dezzy

As the Spice Girls once sung: Tonight is the night, when 2 threads become oneeeee.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Offspring

Operative wrote:

Don't kill me...but I honestly thought for most of the trailer, that they were showing the gamecube version, because it looks the same. I thought it was gonna look like the new Link model.

Your eyes didn't deceive you, it looked terrible (hopefully it was just the stream).

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Rumorlife

I was wondering when this would come back

Rumorlife

LaserdiscGal

@OlicityBlows Do do we lock this thread now that we know the game?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.