Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 501 to 520 of 559

Megas75

Only problem with Walking Dead...isn't it rated-M? Which Tantalus said the game wasn't?

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

NintendoFan64

I've heard that the Walking Dead games are supposed to be good (haven't played them), so...yeah. I'd play them.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Dezzy

Walking Dead would hardly qualify as the biggest project they've ever done, or whatever they said. That'd be significantly smaller than both Mass Effect and Deus Ex.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

Walking Dead would hardly qualify as the biggest project they've ever done, or whatever they said. That'd be significantly smaller than both Mass Effect and Deus Ex.

Depends how you look at them. Walking Dead is a huge franchise spanning across comic books, television and video games. Rarely Mass Effect and Deus Ex have comic books maybe a few full books, but not close to how massive Walking Dead is.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

bluemage1989

I think the walking dead would be an ideal tester of the Nintendo market for tell tale games and from a gamers point of view the ideal title.

bluemage1989

CaterpillarGuy59

Im pretty sure this is a pipe dream, but I really want the game that they're porting to be minecraft

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

RR529

@Blast, depends on how you look at it.

In terms of gaming, ME3 would be the bigger project (in both scope and name identity), but as a franchise as a whole? The Walking Dead is much, much, bigger than Mass Effect in that regard, and to be fair their wording is vague enough to go either way.

Personally though, I still don't think it'll be TWD on the basis that they confirmed it won't be a Mature rated game (this may also mean it won't even be a Teen rated game, as they are an Australian developer, and in the Australian games classification system, their Mature is equivalent to our Teen).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blast

RR529 wrote:

@Blast, depends on how you look at it.

In terms of gaming, ME3 would be the bigger project (in both scope and name identity), but as a franchise as a whole? The Walking Dead is much, much, bigger than Mass Effect in that regard, and to be fair their wording is vague enough to go either way.

Personally though, I still don't think it'll be TWD on the basis that they confirmed it won't be a Mature rated game (this may also mean it won't even be a Teen rated game, as they are an Australian developer, and in the Australian games classification system, their Mature is equivalent to our Teen).

Yeah well... I still believe Tantalus isn't working on that. Get ready for a Tales or Square Enix game like me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Peach64

The first season has a higher metacritic that either Mass Effect 3 or Human Revolution. Won more GOTY awards than either of them too.

Peach64

Dezzy

@Peach64 I might be wrong but I didn't get the sense that's what they meant by biggest. They seemed to mean in terms of resources from what I'd read.

Peek-a-boo

Looking back at the past thirty pages, I'd laugh if it does turn out to be The Walking Dead.

I think it is nigh on time to give up day dreaming about this mythical third party triple A game, seeing as the Wii U will soon be coming to a premature end. I say these words as a big fan of the Wii U; whatever this NX thing turns out to be, it is what Nintendo are putting all their effort into, here henceforth.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

TuVictus

Yeah how do we know they just haven't cancelled whatever project this is. I mean it was announced like a year ago wasn't it? Back when people were thinking Zelda and Smash would make the Wii U a hit.

TuVictus

CaviarMeths

Played the first season on PS3. Enjoyed it, but not really dying to experience it again.

Telltale games tend to really only offer you an illusion of choice, giving you different dialogue options that tweak how characters interact with you, but make no difference to the overall story. You're basically on plot rails. Your choices don't matter.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Could Capcom behind this???

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Peek-a-boo

KMaziuk wrote:

@Blast: I suppose it could possibly be Okami. It IS a pretty big game after all.

A game that has been released on the PlayStation 2, Wii, PlayStation 3 (in HD) and is openly available to play on the Wii U via backwards compatibility?

I don't think so, and it is isn't a 'big game' in any shape or form, even though it is a very well received one.

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I think it is nigh on time to give up day dreaming about this mythical third party triple A game, seeing as the Wii U will soon be coming to a premature end.

Whatever doooood. 30 pages of speculation based on a few comments by a developer sounds pretty normal to me.....

KMaziuk

@Peek-a-boo: An HD rework that allows you to draw on the GamePad as opposed to using the Wiimote sounds pretty worthwhile to me. Not saying that I believe that's what this is, but I wouldn't rule it out.

NNID: KMaziuk
Twitter: KMaziuk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.