Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 401 to 420 of 559

CaviarMeths

Mineral wrote:

I think it might be YS 8. Fits the bill and I really want it to be that lol

I don't think Ys is bigger than Mass Effect or Deus Ex.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Mineral

CaviarMeths wrote:

Mineral wrote:

I think it might be YS 8. Fits the bill and I really want it to be that lol

I don't think Ys is bigger than Mass Effect or Deus Ex.

It is to me ;_; lol

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

CaviarMeths

Not gonna lie, FFXII: IZJS HD on Wii U would be pretty spiffy. Let me micromanage my party on the Gamepad screen. Eg, I'm controlling a tank, but during a boss fight, I have my healer's skill list pulled up on the pad for quick heals/buffs/dispels.

Or any RPG, really. Or RTS. I mean come on. That second screen was just made for simultaneous management of multiple units.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Moms-Meowth

Mineral wrote:

I think it might be YS 8. Fits the bill and I really want it to be that !
It's not even out yet on ps4, it's not a M rated series and Falcom is pretty "top notch" in my book.

I would be VERY happy with an Ys game on the Wii U.

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

Maybe they're the ones handling Project Cars? Poor guys...that would also explain why they haven't said anything until now...

You really think Project Cars is bigger than Mass Effect 3 on Wii U? C'mon now.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Maybe they're the ones handling Project Cars? Poor guys...that would also explain why they haven't said anything until now...

Yes. It was crowded with 5 million dollars off of Kickstarter, and it's easily Triple-A quality. Not to mention the developer is a fairly large studio that has worked with EA of all people in the past. It would also be big in terms of the amount offort required to port it. I don't think it's much of a stretch.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yes. It was crowded with 5 million dollars off of Kickstarter, and it's easily Triple-A quality. Not to mention the developer is a fairly large studio that has worked with EA of all people in the past. It would also be big in terms of the amount offort required to port it. I don't think it's much of a stretch.

I think Slightly Mad itself was handling the Wii U version though.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I think Slightly Mad itself was handling the Wii U version though.

I guess? I can't find anything definitive saying either way, though. Who knows, personally I've stopped caring about whatever Tantulus is working on...it's been over 3 months since they said they'd have something to say "soon"...that's not "soon" at all...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

VoodooTrumpet

Tantalus reading this thread for the past few months:

Untitled

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I can't imagine it is project cars. It must be something by a big publisher like EA, Activision, Square-Enix, etc.

Exactly.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I can't imagine it is project cars. It must be something by a big publisher like EA, Activision, Square-Enix, etc.

Project CARS is published by Namco, who are arguably a big publisher.

CanisWolfred

Whitewatermoose wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Project CARS is published by Namco, who are arguably a big publisher.

I agree with you. But, I thought Project Cars dev recently spoke about not being able to get Wii U version to a stable 30 FPS and 720p. While that doesn't indicate the programming in house, it was the way I took the statement. That is my error though.

It was spoken by the head of Slightly Mad Studios. Even if it was still handled by another studio, he'd still know details like that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jasonbrr

Theres so many games that I think I know what it is, then I remember, oh yeah its not an M rated game. So Im now back to saying its Minecraft, an EA sports title or Battlefront.

jasonbrr

Blast

I hope/think Square Enix plans on announcing a Kingdom Hearts collection for PS4, Xbox One at E3. It will also be announced for Wii U and Tantalus will handle it.

Master of the Hype Train

VoodooTrumpet

There is no way it's Battlefront. The Wii U can't handle it.

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

TuVictus

Blast wrote:

I hope/think Square Enix plans on announcing a Kingdom Hearts collection for PS4, Xbox One at E3. It will also be announced for Wii U and Tantalus will handle it.

With all these pointless remasters, I have no doubt that SE will cash in on KH yet again by doing another 1.5/2.5 remix for the PS4. The question is, will they do it bundled together or separately. If KH3 is as far off as it probably is (a year or two), they'll probably sell em' separately to pad out their releases. Or they'll do it regardless for maximum profits.

TuVictus

Dezzy

If anyone ever doubts that the game industry has a problem with building hype and expectation, we can show them this thread.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

If anyone ever doubts that the game industry has a problem with building hype and expectation, we can show them this thread.

Because being excited and hopeful is bad, right?

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.