Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 381 to 400 of 559

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I think it depends on if the game has already been released.

The only outlier is if the game is an OLD game that is being re-done for Xbone, PS4, and PC, and being ported to Wii U. I have no idea what it could be, but it may be possible that since the game hasn't been announced for Wii U yet, maybe the game isn't announced for the other systems yet?

If that is not the case though, then I still think the most likely candidates are Tony Hawk, Minecraft, Final Fantasy, PvZ Garden Warfare and SW Battlefront. The longer this drags out, the more inclined I am to believe it is Star Wars. Even though it is EA, they may be required to port Star Wars due to Nintendo and Disney's close relationship.

Have we ruled out sports games? Because any of EA's Madden, Fifa, and my god, please...NHL, would all make sense.

Star Wars: Battlefront? The game without a real single player campaign and no space battles?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jasonbrr

Whitewatermoose wrote:

If someone could fact check me, I thought the Wii U game is:

• A port of a Xbone, PS4, and PC port
  • A non mature title
  • A well known publisher, and big franchise
  • coming in 2015
  • non hardcore game

Project Cars?

jasonbrr

jasonbrr

Whitewatermoose wrote:

jasonbrr wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

If someone could fact check me, I thought the Wii U game is:

• A port of a Xbone, PS4, and PC port
  • A non mature title
  • A well known publisher, and big franchise
  • coming in 2015
  • non hardcore game

Project Cars?

it looks like project cars could be on verge of cancellation for Wii U.

Yeah so guess thats not it. Im assuming we'll find out at e3 now. This better be worth the wait.

jasonbrr

bitleman

I'd say
Game lost: ZombiU
Game ported: Beyond Good and Evil 2

bitleman

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I'm very confident that the game is Battlefront.

Lol, well you shouldn't be. It's based on almost no information.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I don't even have high expectations and I still suspect whatever it is will be a huge disappointment.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

I don't even have high expectations and I still suspect whatever it is will be a huge disappointment.

I know we are all really hoping it is City Bus Simulator. Why would you want it to be anything else?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kyuubikid213

I'm betting it's something that will disappoint everyone on this thread.

I just don't like getting my hopes up.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

GrailUK

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Absolutely. PS4 will be getting Funky Barn and Wii U will get a port of Just Dance 2015. Besides, they would have to change the name of ZombieU on other consoles and I simply cannot see how the Wii U can do Star Wars Battlefront justice.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Rumorlife

kyuubikid213 wrote:

It will be. A disappointment for both sides. WiiU will get some crappy looking port, and whatever gets ported off the WiiU will be ignored on the other systems. There's not a thing on the WiiU that's "second" or third party other than Bayonetta 2 that the other console fandoms want their hands on. People say a few things, but in reality most of it doesn't cross between systems well and Funky Barn will fall flat on it's face again just like it did for WiiU/3DS.

3000 pages of chatting about this between at least 4 different forums and no one can even come up with a reasonable possibility for a port except Funky Barn? Those weird launch games are so bad and trashy I'm blind to them for the most part, I forget the WiiU even has those games. Although I had a weird dream the other night that I got that Wheel of Fortune game from THQ on my WiiU. Don't want it. I do have the smallest wish that these games weren't terrible though. I miss the olden days when you could pick up a weird game on a Nintendo system and actually be satisfied. N64 & GCN days were filled with those. Wii, not so much imo.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

CaviarMeths

GrailUK wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Absolutely. PS4 will be getting Funky Barn and Wii U will get a port of Just Dance 2015. Besides, they would have to change the name of ZombieU on other consoles and I simply cannot see how the Wii U can do Star Wars Battlefront justice.

I don't know about Just Dance. Ubisoft has never outsourced ports before. Not sure why they'd start now.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GrailUK

CaviarMeths wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I don't know about Just Dance. Ubisoft has never outsourced ports before. Not sure why they'd start now.

Hey, I am keeping my expectations low....so when they announce "Kylie Does Zumba to 70's Greek Disco Hits"...then I won't be disappointed.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Blast

I actually have hope this game won't be garbage. Why? Tantalus made Mass Effect 3 and Dues Ex for Wii U and both were great with a few problems. They say its their biggest game yet so no its not some freaking Just Dance! Let's wait till E3, jeez. Whoever is behind this obviously wants the Wii U to actually get a game the PS4 and Xbox One is getting and is using Tantalus for development.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Kuhang

Could it be the rumoured Lego Worlds game that has been circulating around which is supposed to be Minecraft-ish ???

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

DefHalan

Kuhang wrote:

Could it be the rumoured Lego Worlds game that has been circulating around which is supposed to be Minecraft-ish ???

Isn't that Lego Dimensions?

Kuhang

DefHalan wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

No, lego dimensions is a different game to this and has already been confirmed but this game Lego world is not confirmed yet and is supposed to be a minecraft-esque Lego game
Check this : http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/27/rumour-new-lego-game-leg...

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

DefHalan

Kuhang wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

No, lego dimensions is a different game to this and has already been confirmed but this game Lego world is not confirmed yet and is supposed to be a minecraft-esque Lego game
Check this : http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/27/rumour-new-lego-game-leg...

I would find it really weird if they have two lego games being released that have the main gameplay being build whatever you want

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

It'll be a happy day when Square quits messing around and drops the FFXII: International Zodiac Job System HD announcement bomb. That would almost certainly be Sony platform exclusive though.

Not gonna lie, I've been holding out for almost 4 years for that now. Like, I bought the PS2 version in 2010, then they announced Final Fantasy X HD before I got far in it, and hinted that they might do a remaster of XII after they released X HD.

Well you released Final Fantasy X HD twice now, S-E. Where the F*** is my FFXII: Super-Shiny-Now-With-Functional-Job-System Edition?!?!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mineral

I think it might be YS 8. Fits the bill and I really want it to be that !
It's not even out yet on ps4, it's not a M rated series and Falcom is pretty "top notch" in my book.

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.