Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 341 to 360 of 559

Ryno

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Tony hawk was just confirmed for Xbone PS4, 360, and PS3. Will be interesting to see if there is a Wii U version.

When I heard it wasn't coming to Wii U, I got frustrated. Just wow. Getting really tired of this.

It's frustrating but it makes no business sense to release these kinds of games on the Wii U.

I think it would do decent, if the game was a good port. It's Like the chicken and the egg. Without these types of games trying to gain a foothold in the software library, they never will.

EXACTLY!!! Give us a chance!

Companies are not in business to leave things to chance. Sorry guys.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Tony hawk was just confirmed for Xbone PS4, 360, and PS3. Will be interesting to see if there is a Wii U version.

When I heard it wasn't coming to Wii U, I got frustrated. Just wow. Getting really tired of this.

It's frustrating but it makes no business sense to release these kinds of games on the Wii U.

I think it would do decent, if the game was a good port. It's Like the chicken and the egg. Without these types of games trying to gain a foothold in the software library, they never will.

EXACTLY!!! Give us a chance!

Not going to stop us from wanting their product.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

In this day and age in which even sequels to well-known franchises can be risky on established platforms, it makes sense that they wouldn't bother risking these franchises on the Wii U. Unless it's literally the easiest port job, publishers won't bother. But for smaller titles, like eShop games, the cost is lower and thus we see more multiplatform ports of those kinds of games. And it actually does work in building a fanbase. Trine 2 released on the Wii U and enjoyed good sales, which led to people buying the first one when it released recently.

TuVictus

CaviarMeths

Ryno wrote:

Certainly not, but Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and 4 were among the better sellers of 3rd party games on the 'Cube. They were no Soul Calibur 2 or Resident Evil 4, but they did alright. It's worth at least an outsourced quick and dirty PS360 port.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SuperWiiU

It's made by a weak developer with no experience on the Wii U(even their earlier TH games (Ride and Shred) were outsourced to Buzz Monkey for Wii). Chances would've been higher it was a Wii U experienced developer. Regardless of platform, I'm not expecting much. Pro Skater should be made by Neversoft or some other talented developer.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Rumorlife

Whitewatermoose wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

They already gave these types of games a chance. It was the GameCube days. Sorry you may have missed it.
One could argue they need to retry the approach but wasting millions on a chance others like Activision or Ubisoft took earlier on with the WiiU doesn't look so appealing to anyone. A Skateboarding game is already not on the up trend as it is. Tony Hawk or not I don't see anyone getting excited the way they did back in the day.

Rumorlife

SuperWiiU

Whitewatermoose wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

It's made by a weak developer with no experience on the Wii U(even their earlier TH games (Ride and Shred) were outsourced to Buzz Monkey for Wii). Chances would've been higher it was a Wii U experienced developer. Regardless of platform, I'm not expecting much. Pro Skater should be made by Neversoft or some other talented developer.

Since the previous games were outsourced to Buzz Monkey. That could lend credence to Tantalus being the Wii U developer. I KNOW it is a long stretch.

It could, but what use is porting a mediocre game. Unless they're allowed to improve the game so the Wii U version will be the one to get.

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Since the previous games were outsourced to Buzz Monkey. That could lend credence to Tantalus being the Wii U developer. I KNOW it is a long stretch.

It could, but what use is porting a mediocre game.

Because some people may want the game and have no other way to play it

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I'm going to ask a question. I have no proof or even an inclination that this is going on, but...

What do you think the likelihood of the Tantalus game being a HD remake from the GameCube or n64 era?

Gonna say nearly zero. They specifically said it's a game "from a top notch publisher," which is a pretty weird thing to say if the publisher is the platform holder.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

Whitewatermoose wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I'm going to ask a question. I have no proof or even an inclination that this is going on, but...

What do you think the likelihood of the Tantalus game being a HD remake from the GameCube or n64 era?

Gonna say nearly zero. They specifically said it's a game "from a top notch publisher," which is a pretty weird thing to say if the publisher is the platform holder.

I was thinking Metroid Prime 1 HD. But it doesn't have to be from Nintendo. Skies of Arcadia, FF Crystal Chronicles or some other 3rd party game from those eras.

I dunno, it's possible, but I feel like if it was an HD remake of something, they would have just come and said that. Plus it's been in development since at least early 2014, maybe even 2013. Remakes don't take that long.

TuVictus

Oh god a Crystal Chronicles remake for the Wii U would send me over the moon. That game was so much amazing fun (when you had all the GBA link cables and GBA's to play multiplayer with)

TuVictus

faint

Operative wrote:

Oh god a Crystal Chronicles remake for the Wii U would send me over the moon. That game was so much amazing fun (when you had all the GBA link cables and GBA's to play multiplayer with)

this isn't a remake. it's a port.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I was thinking Metroid Prime 1 HD. But it doesn't have to be from Nintendo. Skies of Arcadia, FF Crystal Chronicles or some other 3rd party game from those eras.

They said it was a port of a mature AAA title that was currently under development (i.e either recently released or soon to be released on other consoles)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Kuhang

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

They said it was a port of a mature AAA title that was currently under development (i.e either recently released or soon to be released on other consoles)

I thought it wasn't a mature game. Is it a mature title?

It's not a mature or hardcore title that's what they said.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

bluemage1989

Dragons Dogma 1.5

I think this would work really well on the WiiU and I loved the first game. It could coincide with the launch on other consoles which I don't remember much about.

bluemage1989

Blast

Every time I see this thread with a new post... I get excited because I think someone knows what the game is. Hahahaha.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SuperWiiU

Blast wrote:

Every time I see this thread with a new post... I get excited because I think someone knows what the game is. Hahahaha.

I would too, but if it was announced it would probably be up on top of the frontpage and on other gaming news sites. And I usually check those before coming here.

ricklongo

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Some people are guessing it is Star Wars Battlefront. While, I will take that with an ocean of SALT. That would be extremely preferable to any of the other games mentioned.

I disagree 100%. I have no interest in online multiplayer games with no single-player component.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

TuVictus

That's an EA game. That's about as likely as Half Life 3 being released tomorrow

TuVictus

Peach64

They're supposed to be also porting a Wii U exclusive to PS4/Xbone, so I'd assume both games are from the same publisher. ZombiU to those two, and some Ubisoft game in return? Assassins Creed Rogue? Valiant Hearts?

Peach64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.