Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 321 to 340 of 559

Discostew

I guess when they said "soon", they took a page from Blizzard.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Dezzy

Discostew wrote:

It's the Game of Thrones "winter is coming". 5 years later and apparently winter was delayed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I really feel it could be either Minecraft, PvZ:GW, Final Fantasy, Tony Hawk, or Destiny. All are not M rated, and I don't know if you consider any "hardcore". My other thought it who owns the Timesplitters IP now?

Out of all of those, I would want PvZ:GW

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shaneoh

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I really feel it could be either Minecraft, PvZ:GW, Final Fantasy, Tony Hawk, or Destiny. All are not M rated, and I don't know if you consider any "hardcore". My other thought it who owns the Timesplitters IP now?

People are assuming that it's mature by American classification standards. Destiny and Final Fantasy are rated at least an M in Australia (on par with america's Teen rating) & Tantalus is an Australian company sooooo.....

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Kuhang

Could this game be from Activision as they replied to someone on twitter to stay tuned for more Wii U support when the guy asked about why Nintendo IDs were supporting COD website when the game itself was not coming to Wii U.Hmmm...

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Wow, that's a great point. I didn't know that.

I also wondered if it could be Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes HD, I'm not sure it would warrant a mature in America anymore.

Are you just randomly naming games you like? Read back to the original post. They said it was a AAA game that was currently being made (at the time of the ad)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Discostew wrote:

It's the Game of Thrones "winter is coming". 5 years later and apparently winter was delayed.

To be fair, winter makes its own time in the Game of Thrones lore.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

Whitewatermoose wrote:

No, I wasn't. Do remember that photo that first leaked out years ago from Miiverse? It had metal gear, Mario, metroid, final fantasy, and donkey kong on them. It is why I mentioned final fantasy and Metal Gear.

I mentioned Destiny and Garden Warfare because those are non M rated shooters that would seem like they would cater to Nintendo's audience.

As for Tony Hawk, we know a new game is coming. IF that game is coming to 360, PS3. Then why not Wii U? Of all the clues from the Tantalus gave, it seemed to me that this was once a major franchise, well known publisher, non mature game.

Finally, minecraft, though not a big publisher. The game is obviously well known and would most likely be very successful on Nintendo Wii U.

Admittedly, you can make an argument for all these games not to come to Wii U. Metal Gear was a mature title, Garden Warfare is EA, and Destiny is Bungie. Tony Hawk we know nothing about, and would an older port of Final Fantasy sell enough to meet expectations on Wii u? Finally, Minecraft. Appears that some companies pay to help get Minecraft on their platform. Would Nintendo do that?

As for timesplitters it was a random thought. The license may still be owned by Crytek. Which appears to be saved financially by Amazon. So, I assume they will be making games for Amazon.

I am hoping we don't have to wait until E3 to find out though. I personally would love a Nintendo Direct in May that just was about third party games.

Is The Phantom Pain even happening anymore? Konami seems to be completely dead in the gaming industry due to the Kojima issues, even Silent Hills is cancelled and the demo P.T. being removed (if not already). As for Nintendo Direct, I think the Splatoon one on Thursday will be the last one before E3 as Nintendo will want to continue fully pushing that game only.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JLPick

I'm wondering on if it's a new chapter in Tales Of Symphonia. I'm also wondering on what title would come over to PS4. I'm hoping for Zombi U on PS4, but I don't see that one happening, and Funky Barn would become a cheap title for PS4, so who knows on that note. I also heard that they are re-releasing the Mass Effect trilogy in HD, so maybe Wii U will get those in the future too, as Mass Effect 3 looked incredible on it. I'm really not quite sure on what else Atlus owns...which company owns Grandia?

JLPick

Grumblevolcano

JLPick wrote:

I'm wondering on if it's a new chapter in Tales Of Symphonia. I'm also wondering on what title would come over to PS4. I'm hoping for Zombi U on PS4, but I don't see that one happening, and Funky Barn would become a cheap title for PS4, so who knows on that note. I also heard that they are re-releasing the Mass Effect trilogy in HD, so maybe Wii U will get those in the future too, as Mass Effect 3 looked incredible on it. I'm really not quite sure on what else Atlus owns...which company owns Grandia?

Wasn't the original Mass Effect trilogy in HD?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperWiiU

Grumblevolcano wrote:

JLPick wrote:

A remaster to 1080p60 on PS4 and Xbone makes some sense(it's the remaster generation), but ME3 on Wii U is already as good as it gets, so that remaster won't make it to Wii U anyway.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Grumblevolcano

SuperWiiU wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

JLPick wrote:

A remaster to 1080p60 on PS4 and Xbone makes some sense(it's the remaster generation), but ME3 on Wii U is already as good as it gets, so that remaster won't make it to Wii U anyway.

Oh yeah, it'll be like the Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports in the Master Chief Collection where virtually nothing has changed in terms of graphics but rather to set everyone up for the next game in the franchise (Halo 5 and Mass Effect 4)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

VoodooTrumpet

Any idea when Tantalus are said to reveal what it is?

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

TuVictus

If they don't reveal it at E3 we probably won't see it for a while

TuVictus

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Tony hawk was just confirmed for Xbone PS4, 360, and PS3. Will be interesting to see if there is a Wii U version.

When I heard it wasn't coming to Wii U, I got frustrated. Just wow. Getting really tired of this.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Offspring

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Tony hawk was just confirmed for Xbone PS4, 360, and PS3. Will be interesting to see if there is a Wii U version.

When I heard it wasn't coming to Wii U, I got frustrated. Just wow. Getting really tired of this.

It's frustrating but it makes no business sense to release these kinds of games on the Wii U.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

DefHalan

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

It's frustrating but it makes no business sense to release these kinds of games on the Wii U.

From my understanding porting from Xbox 360 and PS3 to Wii U isn't to difficult, so I don't understand why the Wii U doesn't get at least a port of those ports lol

CaviarMeths

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Why not? The THPS series sold decently well on N64 and Gamecube.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I think it would do decent, if the game was a good port. It's Like the chicken and the egg. Without these types of games trying to gain a foothold in the software library, they never will.

EXACTLY!!! Give us a chance!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I think it would do decent, if the game was a good port. It's Like the chicken and the egg. Without these types of games trying to gain a foothold in the software library, they never will.

EXACTLY!!! Give us a chance!

I would probably buy it on Wii U, not going to buy it on my PC.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.