Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 301 to 320 of 559

Dezzy

BieberBlows wrote:

I'm still hoping it will be Shadow of Mordor or Arkham Knight even though they are "mature" games. My best bet is it will be something Square Enix related.

If they care about sales, it won't be either of those.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

I'm still hoping it will be Shadow of Mordor or Arkham Knight even though they are "mature" games. My best bet is it will be something Square Enix related.

If they care about sales, it won't be either of those.

I think if they care about sales the only thing it could be is Street Fighter V which would fit in with the Ryu Smash rumour.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Just a thought but is there any rumours of a new Bond game coming out for the new movie?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

Just a thought but is there any rumours of a new Bond game coming out for the new movie?

I've heard no whispers. Pretty sure Activision stepped away from the license after Legends disappointed anyway. Eurocom shut down, there were some lay-offs, games were delisted from digital stores, etc.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Punished_Boss_84

arronishere wrote:

I miss Blood Stone...

Oh future games are in Limbo.

OT: Or is it Black Ops3?

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Blast

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

I miss Blood Stone...

Oh future games are in Limbo.

OT: Or is it Black Ops3?

Could be Black Ops 3 but Treyarch usually handles their own stuff. Just like with Namco. I wish I could say Tantalus Wii U game was a Tales collection...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Could be Black Ops 3 but Treyarch usually handles their own stuff. Just like with Namco. I wish I could say Tantalus Wii U game was a Tales collection...

Surely they'd have learnt from the sales figure of that too. The Nintendo audience just doesn't want Call of Duty. It's quite hard to imagine exactly what the Nintendo audience does want (that isn't made by Nintendo).
The only AAA series I can think of that would probably sell really well on the Wii U, besides stuff like LEGO which we've already got, is Kingdom Hearts. But I seriously doubt that'll happen. Square-Enix are too obsessed with graphics.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

If only it was a super Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 collection releasing for both Wii U and PS4 with a surprise announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to the Wii U. And while we're in fantasy land, I'm rich and a scientist who figured out the cure to every known disease to man

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Surely they'd have learnt from the sales figure of that too. The Nintendo audience just doesn't want Call of Duty. It's quite hard to imagine exactly what the Nintendo audience does want (that isn't made by Nintendo).
The only AAA series I can think of that would probably sell really well on the Wii U, besides stuff like LEGO which we've already got, is Kingdom Hearts. But I seriously doubt that'll happen. Square-Enix are too obsessed with graphics.

Dude, freaking you can link up a Nintendo Network ID for Call of Duty 3. That wasn't by mistake. I'm sure its coming to Wii U. Square Enix releasing a Kingdom Hearts collection for Wii U would be amazing but I doubt its happening.

Most Nintendo fans want JRPGs and Nintendo games and 3rd party games.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Operative wrote:

If only it was a super Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 collection releasing for both Wii U and PS4 with a surprise announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to the Wii U. And while we're in fantasy land, I'm rich and a scientist who figured out the cure to every known disease to man

I dunno. If there was no disease and we all lived to 120, we might all have time to actually figure out the plot of Kingdom Hearts. And that would almost definitely ruin it. They would have to further obfuscate it by adding random fractions to the titles. Oh wait, they already did that...

bro2dragons

Dezzy wrote:

Operative wrote:

I dunno. If there was no disease and we all lived to 120, we might all have time to actually figure out the plot of Kingdom Hearts. And that would almost definitely ruin it. They would have to further obfuscate it by adding random fractions to the titles. Oh wait, they already did that...

I didn't think Kingdom Hearts had a plot. I thought stuff just happens, then you smack things with Mayor McCheese's key to Disneyland, then stuff happens, then you hit more things. It all made sense to me.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Rumorlife

Even though we are talking about Tantalus doing the porting, I thought Activision said to hell with the WiiU because of abysmal sales of the first 2 CoD games, so that seals the deal on BO3? 9 days until Black Ops is revealed.

I love that there's so few things that could really work with this audience and so few things they could actually be porting and yet we can't figure this out haha

Rumorlife

Dezzy

bro2dragons wrote:

I didn't think Kingdom Hearts had a plot. I thought stuff just happens, then you smack things with Mayor McCheese's key to Disneyland, then stuff happens, then you hit more things. It all made sense to me.

I dunno, I seem to remember the first one having something resembling a narrative arc. Something to do with dreams and friendship and hearts.
Then all I remembered of the 2nd one was the kinda typical Square Enix "oh just throw loads of mysterious sounding names out there" approach that's often meant to replace a real plot. I believe this comes from the philosophy journal approach whereby if you make people spend twice as long having to remember the names and how they're related, they have significantly less time to analyse the actual meat of it.

Blast

Well... Square Enix definitely isn't behind this Tantalus game. These guys are riding the PS4 train like crazy. Xbox One and Wii U are nothing to them. This article pretty much tells me that all Square Enix loves right now and is focusing on... is the PS4. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/square-enix-more-unann...

I think this article indirectly confirms we aren't getting a FF 13 Trilogy or a Kingdom Hearts collection for Wii U.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

I think basic common sense confirmed we weren't getting a FF13 trilogy.

MajinSoul

Meh, I don't expect anything big actually. Most of 3rd party titles are rated "mature". So it can't be something that big.
I'd love to see a Tales of game on Wii U though, but one could consider JRPGs as hardcore titles with all the grinding and end game content involved so this is most likely ruled out already.

On a side note: Square Enix throwing their games at the PS4 is reasonable. In their current position they have to go where the money is. Also, it still baffles me that the only big RPG on Wii U is XCX and that's only in Japan so far.I mean, it's been over 2 years and not a single RPG has been released. (one could count DE:HR, but still ...) Bamco could have released any of their Tales of games like ToX, ToX2 or ToS Collection without having to face competition.

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

Well... Square Enix definitely isn't behind this Tantalus game. These guys are riding the PS4 train like crazy. Xbox One and Wii U are nothing to them. This article pretty much tells me that all Square Enix loves right now and is focusing on... is the PS4. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/square-enix-more-unann...

I think this article indirectly confirms we aren't getting a FF 13 Trilogy or a Kingdom Hearts collection for Wii U.

Something from SE is no more or less likely from that article. Article literally just says that they're announcing some PS4 games this year. That's it.

They're also doing a live stream of Bravely Second on Tuesday. But I guess since SE is only doing PS4 games now, one of those unannounced games must be a PS4 port of Bravely Second, right?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Something from SE is no more or less likely from that article. Article literally just says that they're announcing some PS4 games this year. That's it.

They're also doing a live stream of Bravely Second on Tuesday. But I guess since SE is only doing PS4 games now, one of those unannounced games must be a PS4 port of Bravely Second, right?

I see what you're trying to do but I wouldn't be surprised if Bravely Second hit PS4 in some form. Square Enix has no shame.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

MajinSoul wrote:

Meh, I don't expect anything big actually. Most of 3rd party titles are rated "mature". So it can't be something that big.
I'd love to see a Tales of game on Wii U though, but one could consider JRPGs as hardcore titles with all the grinding and end game content involved so this is most likely ruled out already.

On a side note: Square Enix throwing their games at the PS4 is reasonable. In their current position they have to go where the money is. Also, it still baffles me that the only big RPG on Wii U is XCX and that's only in Japan so far.I mean, it's been over 2 years and not a single RPG has been released. (one could count DE:HR, but still ...) Bamco could have released any of their Tales of games like ToX, ToX2 or ToS Collection without having to face competition.

Banco believes the Tales series belongs on PS3 for now. Prolly won't hit PS4 for awhile. Tales of the Abyss on 3DS is a miracle. Nothing Tales related has been announced for a Nintendo platform since Abyss 3D.

And yes its really sad how XCX is Nintendo's big RPG for Wii U until Zelda, SMTxFE, and Starfox.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

I see what you're trying to do but I wouldn't be surprised if Bravely Second hit PS4 in some form. Square Enix has no shame.

Surely if they were going to do that, they'd have announced the PS4 version first. Given that it's largely based on 2D art, it would have to drawn in 1080p first. And then scaled down for the 3DS. So it would make sense for the PS4 to be the "main version" if you like.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.