Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 281 to 300 of 559

cookiex

Sssnake36 wrote:

Could it be "Mass Effect Trilogy" ? Its bigger than a "stand-alone" Mass Effect 3. Or maybe Titanfall? There were some rumors in the past..

Wasn't that just an April Fools joke?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

faint

Dezzy wrote:

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

You Know what... i am gonna be that guy because i am not blind to reality. I am being genuine and if anything Being Real.... Tantalus Media ported Mass effect 3 and Deus ex: Human Revolution Director Cut and while great ports in their own right, they fail to sell and yes even if mass effect 3 was incomplete DLC wise, that wasn't Tantalus media decision... so no excuses. Third party games sells bad on Wii U because nintendo fans don't care and even exclusive third party games like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 which are great games with barely any issues still sold whatever... and no don't throw the whole "but the game is missing features and DLC or poorly developed " because wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 were complete. Most Nintendo fans only buy First Party games and only a small small minority buys both First party and third party games like i do. Also i think i can post my point of view and opinions like anyone else on here thank you very much.

I don't know how big a budget Bayonetta 2 had but my general impression is that 0.7 million is probably as good as they hoped for it. It's easily as good as Bayonetta 1 did, when you adjust for the install base size.
And personally I don't care how big selling the games are. Granted, they'll need to make some changes in their demographics if they want to be able to sell more "mature" games in the future. But that's really up to them and how they proceed.
I'm fine being one of the few people who bought Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex. They're pretty much the 2 best non-Nintendo games on the system and I really hope this upcoming game is of a similar caliber.

keep in mind bayonetta 2 hasn't been out a year yet and the Xbox ps3 numbers for bayonetta one are biased on five years. I think the Wiiu version will outsell them biased on that.

Edited on by faint

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Octane

faint wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

You Know what... i am gonna be that guy because i am not blind to reality. I am being genuine and if anything Being Real.... Tantalus Media ported Mass effect 3 and Deus ex: Human Revolution Director Cut and while great ports in their own right, they fail to sell and yes even if mass effect 3 was incomplete DLC wise, that wasn't Tantalus media decision... so no excuses. Third party games sells bad on Wii U because nintendo fans don't care and even exclusive third party games like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 which are great games with barely any issues still sold whatever... and no don't throw the whole "but the game is missing features and DLC or poorly developed " because wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 were complete. Most Nintendo fans only buy First Party games and only a small small minority buys both First party and third party games like i do. Also i think i can post my point of view and opinions like anyone else on here thank you very much.

I don't know how big a budget Bayonetta 2 had but my general impression is that 0.7 million is probably as good as they hoped for it. It's easily as good as Bayonetta 1 did, when you adjust for the install base size.
And personally I don't care how big selling the games are. Granted, they'll need to make some changes in their demographics if they want to be able to sell more "mature" games in the future. But that's really up to them and how they proceed.
I'm fine being one of the few people who bought Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex. They're pretty much the 2 best non-Nintendo games on the system and I really hope this upcoming game is of a similar caliber.

keep in mind bayonetta 2 hasn't been out a year yet and the Xbox ps3 numbers for bayonetta one are biased on five years. I think the Wiiu version will outsell them biased on that.

PS3 and 360 combined? That's more than 2 million... I think the game's got a chance to outsell the 360 version, PS3 is going to be tough.

Octane

faint

Octane wrote:

faint wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

PS3 and 360 combined? That's more than 2 million... I think the game's got a chance to outsell the 360 version, PS3 is going to be tough.

Oh, I didn't mean combined but I do think it will out sell the ps3 version.

[email protected]

Blast

How much you guys wanna bet it's FF Trilogy with Nintendo costumes? Lightning in Link's costume, Samus's costume, etc.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

I would be completely okay with that

TuVictus

crimsoncavalier

Did they say it wasn't going to be a game that had gotten or was getting a M (Mature) rating by the ESRB or that it wasn't going to be a "mature" game? There's a big difference.

Deus Ex: Director's Cut is one of my favorite games on the Wii U. It's the only game I've played (I only played the ZombiU demo, to be fair) that uses the GamePad like I think Nintendo expected/wanted games to utilize it.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

TuVictus

They said it was not a mature game. Whether that means ESRB rating or their own subjective idea of what "mature" means, we don't know

TuVictus

crimsoncavalier

Operative wrote:

They said it was not a mature game. Whether that means ESRB rating or their own subjective idea of what "mature" means, we don't know

So it definitely could be Destiny or Titanfall or Tomb Raider. I mean, it won't be, but it "could".

I have not been following this story closely, but I wouldn't mind a Tales collection or something along those lines. I have (personally) absolutely zero interest in Kingdom Hearts (did NOT like those games) or a Final Fantasy game post FFX. And seriously, Minecraft? I honestly don't see the big draw of that game. At all.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

How much you guys wanna bet it's FF Trilogy with Nintendo costumes? Lightning in Link's costume, Samus's costume, etc.

I'll give you 30:1 odds on it.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Sparx

Given recent news, I think the game might be Guitar Hero

My avatar is from here

Blast

Sparx wrote:

Given recent news, I think the game might be Guitar Hero

Please no. No offense to Guitar Hero but... Please no!

Master of the Hype Train

luisesteban

Its possible...and a dissapointment.

luisesteban

TuVictus

That is a very real possibility. Though it would have to be quite the huge game to outclass porting Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3. If it does end up being GH, I'd say they made a massive overstatement in saying how huge the port was

TuVictus

Blast

Operative wrote:

That is a very real possibility. Though it would have to be quite the huge game to outclass porting Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3. If it does end up being GH, I'd say they made a massive overstatement in saying how huge the port was

Nah... I don't think its Guitar Hero. Tantalus would've said something.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Any particular reason why Activision/FreeStyleGames wouldn't handle Guitar Hero themselves?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

faint wrote:

Right. Although the distribution of sales over time changes hugely from game to game. Games like Mario Kart sell well for years because pretty much everyone with the console gets the game at some point. Whereas some games sell about 90% of their total in the first month. It's not clear which group Bayonetta falls into!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

faint

Dezzy wrote:

faint wrote:

Right. Although the distribution of sales over time changes hugely from game to game. Games like Mario Kart sell well for years because pretty much everyone with the console gets the game at some point. Whereas some games sell about 90% of their total in the first month. It's not clear which group Bayonetta falls into!

I am aware of this. Mario Kart will likely sell several million more when all is said and done. I just believe Bayonetta has another 300,000 in her though it will take till the end of this gen and a price cut like the first one had to see it. I'm also positive it will get a price cut next year since it's not a Nintendo property.

[email protected]

Offspring

I'm still hoping it will be Shadow of Mordor or Arkham Knight even though they are "mature" games. My best bet is it will be something Square Enix related.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.