Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 261 to 280 of 559

CaviarMeths

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

You Know what... i am gonna be that guy because i am not blind to reality. I am being genuine and if anything Being Real.... Tantalus Media ported Mass effect 3 and Deus ex: Human Revolution Director Cut and while great ports in their own right, they fail to sell and yes even if mass effect 3 was incomplete DLC wise, that wasn't Tantalus media decision... so no excuses. Third party games sells bad on Wii U because nintendo fans don't care and even exclusive third party games like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 which are great games with barely any issues still sold whatever... and no don't throw the whole "but the game is missing features and DLC or poorly developed " because wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 were complete. Most Nintendo fans only buy First Party games and only a small small minority buys both First party and third party games like i do. Also i think i can post my point of view and opinions like anyone else on here thank you very much.

Yes, thank you for this same post that we've all read 1,800 times over the last few years. Maybe now we can go back to discussing the actual topic of the thread.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

I'm starting to hope its a Fire Emblem collection.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

FOREST_RANGER

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

You Know what... i am gonna be that guy because i am not blind to reality. I am being genuine and if anything Being Real.... Tantalus Media ported Mass effect 3 and Deus ex: Human Revolution Director Cut and while great ports in their own right, they fail to sell and yes even if mass effect 3 was incomplete DLC wise, that wasn't Tantalus media decision... so no excuses. Third party games sells bad on Wii U because nintendo fans don't care and even exclusive third party games like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 which are great games with barely any issues still sold whatever... and no don't throw the whole "but the game is missing features and DLC or poorly developed " because wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 were complete. Most Nintendo fans only buy First Party games and only a small small minority buys both First party and third party games like i do. Also i think i can post my point of view and opinions like anyone else on here thank you very much.

It's possible for this game to sell poorly. And Nintendo has been struggling to sell units of the Wii U console. And 3rd party games have always seemed to be bleak in sales for many publishers so far. So it's understandable that one would feel that way. Heck, I almost feel the same way since I don't know what other future titles will help the console sell like hotcakes.

But do keep in mind that the games cited (in the quote above) were released in the time the Wii U had a relatively small base. Things might be different now since Mario Kart and Smash Bros. had helped sell units (albeit a modest increase). Of course, that doesn't mean the upcoming title will surely sell successfully. But it's safe to say chances may be better if the parties involved in porting this title really know what they're doing.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Blast

No!!! I refuse for the thread to turn into a negative thread about Wii U sales! Nooo!!!! I'm tired of those threads!

Master of the Hype Train

GrailUK

Blast wrote:

No!!! I refuse for the thread to turn into a negative thread about Wii U sales! Nooo!!!! I'm tired of those threads!

Here Here! Are we gamers or bloody sales reps??? Play em, enjoy em but don't count em. You don't get paid to do it

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoodooTrumpet

League of Legends

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

WebHead

OK there needs to be an official sales thread to talk about that stuff.

Anyway, think this will be revealed at E3?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CaviarMeths

WebHead wrote:

Anyway, think this will be revealed at E3?

Well, the guy did say "soon," so hopefully before that. Maybe in an upcoming Direct?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

If its Nintendo behind this... I'm betting Mario Strikers HD or a Fire Emblem collection. But Mario Strikers HD wouldn't really be bigger than Mass Effect 3 unless it got added more content.

Master of the Hype Train

faint

Blast wrote:

If its Nintendo behind this... I'm betting Mario Strikers HD or a Fire Emblem collection. But Mario Strikers HD wouldn't really be bigger than Mass Effect 3 unless it got added more content.

what? They said the are porting a game to the wiiu. This means a third party title that already exists elsewhere

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

faint

Blast wrote:

what? They said the are porting a game to the wiiu. This means a third party title that already exists elsewhere

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

luisesteban

Exactly, like faint says, it had to be a game from somewhere else, not something that belongs to Nintendo.

luisesteban

MsJubilee

luisesteban wrote:

Exactly, like faint says, it had to be a game from somewhere else, not something that belongs to Nintendo.

Has anyone said Portal yet?That's a sort of a big franchise i think.And it's rated T so maybe it's that game,it would be nice.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Moms-Meowth

TwilightAngel wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Has anyone said Portal yet?That's a sort of a big franchise i think.And it's rated T so maybe it's that game,it would be nice.

Wouldn't that require a licensed Nintendo Steam client though as I doubt Gabe would allow it to go without it.

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Dezzy

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

I don't know how big a budget Bayonetta 2 had but my general impression is that 0.7 million is probably as good as they hoped for it. It's easily as good as Bayonetta 1 did, when you adjust for the install base size.
And personally I don't care how big selling the games are. Granted, they'll need to make some changes in their demographics if they want to be able to sell more "mature" games in the future. But that's really up to them and how they proceed.
I'm fine being one of the few people who bought Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex. They're pretty much the 2 best non-Nintendo games on the system and I really hope this upcoming game is of a similar caliber.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Please be Kingdom Hearts collection!!!

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

Rosalina wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

=
Wouldn't that require a licensed Nintendo Steam client though as I doubt Gabe would allow it to go without it.

That reminds of extremely early rumors of the Wii U in which apparently Steam and Origin were being considered as the online backbone for the Wii U. I wonder if Nintendo ever approached Valve for it. They really should have, it probably would have gone much better than EA's.

TuVictus

Dezzy

TwilightAngel wrote:

As great as that'd be, especially Portals 1&2 together, it doesn't really fit any of the details.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Sssnake36

Could it be "Mass Effect Trilogy" ? Its bigger than a "stand-alone" Mass Effect 3. Or maybe Titanfall? There were some rumors in the past..

Sssnake36

3DS Friend Code: 2380-4272-0943 | Nintendo Network ID: Sssnake36 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.