Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 141 to 160 of 559

IceClimbers

Is the game that is being ported already released on the other platforms, or is it possibly a game that hasn't been released at all (coughStarWarsBattlefrontcough)?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

If I were to drift off into complete dream land?

The Ivalice Alliance HD Collection

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

An idea so unlikely that it may have broken the concept of probability and crossed over into negative likelihood. And also, you left out Vagrant Story. And isn't Tactics Ogre set in Ivalice too? It might as well be given that Ivalice is more of a set of themes than an actual single world. Might as well chuck Crimson Shroud into that too!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

If I were to drift off into complete dream land?

The Ivalice Alliance HD Collection

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

An idea so unlikely that it may have broken the concept of probability and crossed over into negative likelihood. And also, you left out Vagrant Story. And isn't Tactics Ogre set in Ivalice too? It might as well be given that Ivalice is more of a set of themes than an actual single world. Might as well chuck Crimson Shroud into that too!

Does negative likelihood mean it wraps around the scale and becomes very likely? =D

Vagrant Story is also Ivalice, but not officially part of the "Ivalice Alliance." International Zodiac Job System, Revenant Wings, War of the Lions, and Grimoire of the Rift all released in 2007 and were marketed as the Ivalice Alliance.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Does negative likelihood mean it wraps around the scale and becomes very likely? =D

If it's being represented as an unsigned integer in any of the C-styled programming languages, yes I believe it does.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

If I was to name something remotely in the realm of possibility though, sure I'd take a FFXIII collection. Wouldn't be the first time Tantalus had ported something from Square Enix.

Can't really think of any Western AAA game coming out that I'd be interested in playing, and if it was a Namco (Tales) or Atlus (Persona) game, I'm sure they'd just do the port themselves in house.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

If I was to name something remotely in the realm of possibility though, sure I'd take a FFXIII collection. Wouldn't be the first time Tantalus had ported something from Square Enix.

Can't really think of any Western AAA game coming out that I'd be interested in playing, and if it was a Namco (Tales) or Atlus (Persona) game, I'm sure they'd just do the port themselves in house.

Agreed fully!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

faint

Pretty sure we are getting dragon quest heros and Sony Microsoft are getting monster hunter ultimate. Just my guess. Remember big game could mean content not popularity. With the success of Hyrule warriors this fits the bill

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

IceClimbers

I doubt Sony and Microsoft will get Monster Hunter. If they do, it will be 3 Ultimate. That would be pretty funny considering people have moved on to the far superior 4 Ultimate, which is not a Wii U game.

faint

IceClimbers wrote:

I doubt Sony and Microsoft will get Monster Hunter. If they do, it will be 3 Ultimate. That would be pretty funny considering people have moved on to the far superior 4 Ultimate, which is not a Wii U game.

that's the only exclusive available they would want I think. Bayonetta will never happen do to ninty owning the code and sega owning the ip. This means sega has to buy the code from ninty on top of retooling it. I doubt anyone wants zombie u that much. Capcom has a strong rerelease history on top of financial woes. They can get Sony and Microsoft to cover the ports with krAtos skins/weapons or Dante skins/wepons while adding online features and shaders. The franchise has been away from the twins for quite some time and is arguably the biggest non ninty exclusive the wiiu has. Onward monster hunter super ultra complete champion edition ultamate 3.

[email protected]

IceClimbers

@faint True, though all I know is that Capcom wouldn't make an edition of 3 Ultimate that's better than 4 Ultimate (minus graphics of course). They certainly don't want to undermine their flagship game at the moment (Monster Hunter 4 and 4 Ultimate are solely responsible for keeping Capcom from going bankrupt). Then again, I don't think it's possible for them to make 3 Ultimate somehow better than 4 Ultimate.

Tantalus could be porting Funky Barn over though. Not something Sony and MS would want, but that might not mean much.

Moms-Meowth

To be honest I would be royally pissed if they got one of our decent games and we we ended up with Rock band or Guitar hero.

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Grumblevolcano

Rosalina wrote:

To be honest I would be royally pissed if they got one of our decent games and we we ended up with Rock band or Guitar hero.

Lets be realistic here. Both the series you've mentioned can't possibly be it given that Guitar Hero has been dead since early 2011 and outside of Rock Band Blitz, HMX has only been releasing new DLC for Rock Band with no games since 2010. It wouldn't make sense to release Rock Band Blitz either given that the whole tracklist is available to download for Rock Band 3 anyway.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

I just hope whatever the Wii U is getting isn't dumb and is actually cool. Even if we got the FF 13 Trilogy (which might cause an uproar), I would still be happy cuz its a JRPG.

But... Man... If Square Enix is giving the Wii U a Kingdom Hearts collection... I'm gonna cry and dance.

Master of the Hype Train

Moms-Meowth

Blast wrote:

I just hope whatever the Wii U is getting isn't dumb and is actually cool. Even if we got the FF 13 Trilogy (which might cause an uproar), I would still be happy cuz its a JRPG.

But... Man... If Square Enix is giving the Wii U a Kingdom Hearts collection... I'm gonna cry and dance.

I'd be as happy as a kid at Christmas to get either of these

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

shaneoh

It's unlikely the Wii U will get Final Fantasy 13, it's a mature rated title in Australia (and as Tantalus is an Australian studio...)

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Blast

Rosalina wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'd be as happy as a kid at Christmas to get either of these

I'm hesitant to say Square Enix is behind this because they would've teased this game a long time ago.

Master of the Hype Train

jasonbrr

Would be amazing if its from Valve. And its TF3, L4D3 and HL3 wiiu exclusive. Not even coming out on pc. Would be the greatest thing to ever happen.

jasonbrr

Offspring

Well I saw on ign that Stealth Inc 2 is going multiplat. Could it be the Wii U title Tantalus is porting to other consoles or would Curve do it themselves?

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

faint

jasonbrr wrote:

Would be amazing if its from Valve. And its TF3, L4D3 and HL3 wiiu exclusive. Not even coming out on pc. Would be the greatest thing to ever happen.

this is the most unlikely possibility. I'm still betting on dragon quest heros.

[email protected]

Inkling

I'm still expecting it to be Minecraft

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.