Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 121 to 140 of 559

CaviarMeths

FlashBoomerrang wrote:

AAA = crap. Bad games disguised on almost reasonable graphics and action trailers.

What a fascinating opinion.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

FlashBoomerrang wrote:

Probably is the game "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" or a Star Wars game.

Where earth did you get Quake Wars: Enemy Territory?

Jaz007

MsJubilee

FlashBoomerrang wrote:

Probably is the game "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" or a Star Wars game.

AAA = crap. Bad games disguised on almost reasonable graphics and action trailers. Is how western thirds do marketing in this days. Because that, I agree, Minecraft never was a "AAA".

What?Oh my god this comment.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

Inkling wrote:

In my post, I meant reputation. Minecraft would be a huge thing to do, considering how popular it is.

I'm not talking about your post. I'm talking about the developers saying it's their biggest thing yet. That doesn't sound like they mean reputation. It sounds like they mean biggest workload.
And Minecraft really isn't AAA. AAA is typically a term denoting the budget and production values. 1 person could, and did for the most part, make Minecraft.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

unrandomsam

AAA should be three things only one of which can be determined prior to release.

(Budget / Critical Acclaim / Commercial Success). Somehow the publishers have redefined it to mean just how much they spend.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Elma-fan

I wish it was Arkham knight =( sigh... well too much complaining ain't gonna do nothing

Elma-fan

Jaz007

Elma-fan wrote:

I wish it was Arkham knight =( sigh... well too much complaining ain't gonna do nothing

It's rated M. Seriously, it is.

Jaz007

MsJubilee

Jaz007 wrote:

Elma-fan wrote:

It's rated M. Seriously, it is.

And the Wiiu won't be able to handle it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

unrandomsam wrote:

AAA should be three things only one of which can be determined prior to release.

(Budget / Critical Acclaim / Commercial Success). Somehow the publishers have redefined it to mean just how much they spend.

I'm not sure where you've got that idea from. I'm pretty sure it's just always meant that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_%28game_industry%29

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

For those who actually own and like their Wii U like me, what do you hope this game turns out to be? I do trust Tantalus because they were behind Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex which were veryyy good for Wii U. They're excited about this game and talking about how its their biggest project.... is pretty cool. Its coming this year so expect to see it at E3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GrailUK

Star Wars The Old Republic

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Blast

GrailUK wrote:

Star Wars The Old Republic

Can you link a trailer to that game? It sounds familiar...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GrailUK

It's Bioware / EAs MMORPG.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jasonbrr

I do think its going to be an EA game. Dont think it will be an MMO. Lets be honest, Nintendos network is crap. Im thinking either a new Fifa or Madden game.

jasonbrr

Jaz007

jasonbrr wrote:

I do think its going to be an EA game. Dont think it will be an MMO. Lets be honest, Nintendos network is crap.

Agreed. Plus, an MMO will require a good number of future updates which will take time and resources the developer won't want or feel it's worth to devote to the game.

Jaz007

Discostew

jasonbrr wrote:

I do think its going to be an EA game. Dont think it will be an MMO. Lets be honest, Nintendos network is crap. Im thinking either a new Fifa or Madden game.

I would say Nintendo's online "blanket features" are poor, but as it is, games that utilize online-play are done on the developer's and/or publisher's servers, not the servers of the console manufacturer unless the game in question is developed/published by said console manufacturer.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Kuhang

jasonbrr wrote:

Even I do not think it's going to be a MMO of any sort but it's definately not going to be a FIFA port. Because at this point it's too late for a FIFA 15 port, also because it's not going to release right away rather it's sheduled for this year and a FIFA 15 port when a FIFA 16 hits on all other consoles??? Nope. But you know when you are dealing with EA and Ubisoft you never know LOL hahaha

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

NinjaWaddleDee

I would love to play the mass effect trilogy again, because I don't have my Xbox any more. Those we're some of my favorite games of all time.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

IceClimbers

Is Ultra Street Fighter IV possible? I know Sony has the exclusivity contract for V (not for the inevitable "editions" of the game though), but I'm not sure if the contract is making USFIV PS4-only as far as 8th gen systems goes.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

For those who actually own and like their Wii U like me, what do you hope this game turns out to be? I do trust Tantalus because they were behind Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex which were veryyy good for Wii U. They're excited about this game and talking about how its their biggest project.... is pretty cool. Its coming this year so expect to see it at E3.

If I were to drift off into complete dream land?

The Ivalice Alliance HD Collection

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.