Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 101 to 120 of 559

shaneoh

CanisWolfred wrote:

Which mean's it's a weak contract, and when it runs out, it'll be on other platforms. It always is.

@Shaneoh (Oh hey I spelled that right first try for once!) I believe it's from Paranoia Agent, but I could be wrong. It's from Paprika. I knew it was a Satoshi Kon anime, and Ironically that's the only one I own, yet it still took some searching...

Thanks

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

cookiex

Ports of Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection and Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain to coincide with Snake's return to Smash Bros via DLC.

Let me have that dream.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

cookiex wrote:

Ports of Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection and Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain to coincide with Snake's return to Smash Bros via DLC.

Let me have that dream.

I'd really like that but much more for the actual MGS games than for the Smash DLC. That said, the Legacy Collection only came to the US and there shouldn't really be exclusive Wii U games for regions outside Japan.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Rumours are saying it's Minecraft, which actually makes a lot of sense.
1. Microsoft has recently been porting all of their owned apps to other platforms, like Office, to get the most money. Maybe Minecraft is next on that list (even though it's a game)?
2. A top notch developer. This one explains itself.
3. A reworking of an AAA game. Nintendo has always said that Minecraft would be a perfect fit on Wii U, with the GamePad. A reworking of the console Minecraft for Wii U, with GamePad controls?
4. If the game has been in development since January, this would line up with Nintendo's comments at E3.
5. It's an AAA game, and their biggest game yet. Minecraft could be considered an AAA game, and it is a huge project, considering how big it's become.

My bet is Minecraft, but we'll have to wait and see

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

kkslider5552000

Minecraft would make sense. I mean, we can say Microsoft wouldn't want that, but it's already on PS4 and I think iOS. Putting it on Wii U is not gonna suddenly ruin Microsoft, if anything I think they'd like having a Microsoft game on every platform.

(though personally I'd be more interested in Terraria)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

kkslider5552000 wrote:

What happened to Terraria coming to eShop? Seems ages ago now since I read that. Maybe this is it?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Minecraft would make sense. I mean, we can say Microsoft wouldn't want that, but it's already on PS4 and I think iOS. Putting it on Wii U is not gonna suddenly ruin Microsoft, if anything I think they'd like having a Microsoft game on every platform.

Right, Microsoft really has nothing to lose by putting Minecraft on everything they can now, because it's already multiplat. A game that you can play on your tablet isn't a console system seller. People aren't going to buy an XBO to play Minecraft, so MS may as well just collect the revenue wherever they can.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GrailUK

"Tantalus is proud to unveil our new AAA title we are bringing to Wii U. It is our privilege and honour to be working along side the folks at Midway to be bringing to the Wii U the Snes version of the arcade hit Pit Fighter. It has taken our team month..hey...where is everyone going?"

Moms-Meowth

Personally I'm not a fan of Minecraft. If that came to the Wii U I would however buy it just for the sake of helping Numbers. Though it would never be played.

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Octane

Rosalina wrote:

Personally I'm not a fan of Minecraft. If that came to the Wii U I would however buy it just for the sake of helping Numbers. Though it would never be played.

Because that makes perfectly sense...

Octane

GrailUK

I wish I had your money to simply throw at companies!

SuperWiiU

Octane wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Because that makes perfectly sense...

Don't worry, it's not Minecraft anyway.

clvr

CaviarMeths wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Right, Microsoft really has nothing to lose by putting Minecraft on everything they can now, because it's already multiplat. A game that you can play on your tablet isn't a console system seller. People aren't going to buy an XBO to play Minecraft, so MS may as well just collect the revenue wherever they can.

Exactly, it would have been a system seller if they had bought it before it started running on every platform you can name, and MS knows that. The new CEO stated they're gonna support every version of the game and it makes sense since it's too late to keep it for themselves; it doesn't sell Xbox or MS phones, but it can still grant money through DLC and stuff, so it's not against their interest to keep it on other platforms.

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Blast

Ummm... I would much prefer a Kingdom Hearts collection or Tales collection than Minecraft for Wii U. I honestly couldn't care less about that overrated game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

VoodooTrumpet

Terraria > Minecraft

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Dezzy

They said it's probably the biggest project they've ever worked out. Unless they meant in terms of reputation and success, it's very unlikely to be Minecraft. Porting Minecraft would be a tiny job compared to Mass Effect and Deus Ex.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Inkling

Dezzy wrote:

They said it's probably the biggest project they've ever worked out. Unless they meant in terms of reputation and success, it's very unlikely to be Minecraft. Porting Minecraft would be a tiny job compared to Mass Effect and Deus Ex.

In my post, I meant reputation. Minecraft would be a huge thing to do, considering how popular it is.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jaz007

Minecraft isn't AAA though. It may be a huge indie game (biggest ever even), but it was never AAA.

Jaz007

FlashBoomerang

Probably is the game "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" or a Star Wars game.

AAA = crap. Bad games disguised on almost reasonable graphics and action trailers. Is how western thirds do marketing in this days. Because that, I agree, Minecraft never was a "AAA".

If you want know my Splatoon webcomic, check it:
www.splatzones.com

Blast

Jaz007 wrote:

Minecraft isn't AAA though. It may be a huge indie game (biggest ever even), but it was never AAA.

Agreed fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.