gage_wolf

41. Posted:

I'm hoping they reveal this guy:

Untitled

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

42. Posted:

At least give us a name and release date. I don't really care about anything else right now.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

43. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

I'm hoping they reveal this guy:

Untitled

I love you.
Mouser is my favorite Mario Baddie of all time. Time to give respect where it's due......To a shades sporting bomb chucking mouse.lol

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

44. Posted:

If they announced Goku for Smash Bros I would immediately go buy a Wii U, and that's saying a lot

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

45. Posted:

My wish: they'd release a playable demo after the direct.

My actual expectation: release date Q4 this year, a couple returning characters, a bombshell new character (either something everyone wants or someone no one would expect), and some talk of game modes and/or the customization (stage builder seems likely to be shown). And, of course, some beautiful gameplay footage.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

faint

46. Posted:

DanMan82 wrote:

@DestinyMan Yep! I actually managed to find the interview:

He gets asked about 2014's conference at 0:57. He said the format for next years will "be based on what we have and the best way to merchandise all of our activity." So I guess he does open up the possibility that it could happen again.

man.....first time i've scene this interview. it's kinda sad seeing it now knowing how things have turned out.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

47. Posted:

Basically just going to copy and paste my comment from the news article.

I hope they show off some new gameplay additions or tweaks to the mechanics that actually get me hyped. Because right now all I've seen is Brawl 2.0, which while that's probably enough for a lot of Nintendo fans, it ain't for me. Them bringing in Namco and the fact that it appears they've straight up lifted the Brawl engine, including character models, makes it seem like they just really want to get this game out quickly to their struggling console.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

48. Posted:

I'm fine with that, because it's like Brawl except addressing the problems with Brawl.

and honestly Nintendo has released far more uncreative sequels far more frequently, I can't get mad at them re-using an engine. That would be like getting mad at EA because the 30 dollar, free DLC Plants vs. Zombie: Garden Warfare kicked me out of a game a couple of times for no reason. ...I-I think your focus should be elsewhere when it comes to this company, just out of principle?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

49. Posted:

As of now though I haven't seen them address any of my big problems with Brawl, which were a lot of the mechanics. Either removed completely or dumbed down compared to what Melee had done. As well as some tweaks to the core gameplay which I didn't like. Now, one thing I've liked about the series is that the gameplay in all three games is distinctly different, and each time it has changed quite drastically while still maintaining the core gameplay. If this new one is just Brawl with more content and they took out random tripping it isn't going to get me hyped.

Now, I don't know many smash fans personally, but I'd say I'm the biggest smash fan I know. If Nintendo can't get me excited about a Smash Bros. game, then it's no wonder the Wiiu is struggling. Which is why I hope this direct can do so.

Tangent: I personally think Sakurai's talent is wasted on this game. After three games and a set formula, they could have had a lot of people step in for his role. Let him use his creative juices and rework something like he did with Kid Icarus, or better yet have him do something original.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

50. Posted:

I hope it's about 20 mins long...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

CazTheGamerGuy

51. Posted:

Things to expect:
-A release date for Q2/Q3 2014/delay to 2015 for Wii U version
-A major character reveal like Pac-man, Raiden (which is rumoured, but incredibly unlikely since Kojima has said Sakurai never contacted him about Snake) or Bayonetta, along with several minor ones like Yoshi, <insert Awakening character here> and Captain Falcon
-A new mode, singleplayer
-A new mode, multiplayer
-Details on online

In addition to that, something to make me more interested than I should be at this point.

Edited on by CazTheGamerGuy

Check Out My YouTube Channel!|Facebook|Twitter
Until next time, game on my friends!

Twitter: cazthegamerguy

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

52. Posted:

Things to expect:

NOTHING!

I cannot be disappointed ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

53. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Things to expect:

NOTHING!

What if they give us exactly what you expect? Won't you be a little disappointed that you weren't surprised?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

AkinaChan

54. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

If they announced Goku for Smash Bros I would immediately go buy a Wii U, and that's saying a lot

Goku would be pretty sweet, but if they where to add a DBZ character, I would prefer Future Trunks :D Dude took down Frieza and his father like they where nothing <3

My hype for Smash Bros. 4 is Officially OVER 9,000!!!!!! >8D

Though I still got plenty of hype left over for Mario Kart 8, Persona Q, Yarn Yoshi, anddddd Sonic Boom ;D

3DS Friend Code: 1177-7152-3910 | Nintendo Network ID: Mokkori-ChanXYZ

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

55. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Things to expect:

NOTHING!

What if they give us exactly what you expect? Won't you be a little disappointed that you weren't surprised?

Not really, because I was expecting it!

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

56. Posted:

AkinaChan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Goku would be pretty sweet, but if they where to add a DBZ character, I would prefer Future Trunks :D Dude took down Frieza and his father like they where nothing <3

But teen Gohan killed Cell, who had more power than Frieza and his Father do to collecting their cells...

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

57. Posted:

Did we really need another thread just for this direct? theres nothing that has been said here that couldn't have been talked about on the multiple threads that already exist for the purpose of talking about this game.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

58. Posted:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I wonder myself why they didn't wait for it until E3.
My guess, there will be an E3 Direct again. Too bad. :|

E3 = zelda

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

59. Posted:

it'll be the final smash to the hype, the counter will reach 999% and everyone will be launched off stage!!!!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Sweet16

60. Posted:

There is another thing Smash is besides being a fighting game and that is a kind of Nintendo museum. I'm actually interested in hearing about what they're doing with that aspect of the new games. In Brawl there was demos of a few of their old games as well as the masterpiece section, which listed all the games Nintendo has published. I was thinking it would be cool if in the new games they had trailers for all their games, that you would steadily amass. I remember being disappointed about the masterpieces not having any information about the games besides their release year. Does anyone have any thoughts about how that kind of stuff could get expanded?

Sweet16