Topic: Super Smash Bros. Direct - 04/08/14

Showing 21 to 40 of 66

AuthorMessage

Sparx

21. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

If they don't announce Goku for Smash Bros then I'm boycotting this game

You are a fool, there's no way Goku is getting in

They're going to go with Vegeta simply so his final smash is shouting "It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaaand" as his final smash and that'll boost the percentage thingy of everyone to 9001

Sparx

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

22. Posted:

Sparx wrote:

Swiket wrote:

If they don't announce Goku for Smash Bros then I'm boycotting this game

You are a fool, there's no way Goku is getting in

They're going to go with Vegeta simply so his final smash is shouting "It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaaand" as his final smash and that'll boost the percentage thingy of everyone to 9001

I always wanted to play as Goku's brother...uh....What'shisfacewhoisstrongasagreenman

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

23. Posted:

C-can I just ask......HOW did the whole Goku thing start? Did people on Miiverse REALLY expect him to be in the game when has no relation to Smash bros or heck even video games WHATSOEVER?!?!

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

RR529

24. Posted:

They'll probably interview Sakurai to talk about the mechanics of the game and stuff like that, with at least one new stage & character reveal apiece (possibly a newcomer), and probably a release date.

And come on people, it's a Direct two whole months before June, focusing on a grand total of one game, so I highly doubt this is foreshadowing the lack of an E3 press conference. (Heck, in 2012 they had a Direct and a press conference at E3, so even if they have Directs next month & in June as well, it doesn't mean there won't be a press conference).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

25. Posted:

@Guitardude7, I'm guessing since Bandai Namco is involved in the development of the game. Also Goku was in Super Smash Flash. But that's it.

I'm thinking about taking a break from looking at PotD's after this Direct. Or just stop altogether. I don't want to be totally not surprised if/when I do actually play this game.

Edited on by Dweeb

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

RR529

26. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

C-can I just ask......HOW did the whole Goku thing start? Did people on Miiverse REALLY expect him to be in the game when has no relation to Smash bros or heck even video games WHATSOEVER?!?!

It's Miiverse, people on there are constantly making nonsensical character requests (whether it be anime, cartoon, or Square Enix characters). TBH, I've only seen Goku mentioned once or twice, which isn't nearly as bad as that one guy who keeps spamming the forum about the Powerpuff Girls (seriously, in the PotD comment section, he's like every 3rd comment or something).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

27. Posted:

I've seen the PPG guy. Lol.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

28. Posted:

Didn't they already talk about Smash Bros at the two previous E3's? Thats probably why they want to get all the info out before then, so they aren't spending a third E3 talking about it.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

UTXGamer

29. Posted:

Not sure how this relates to Nintendo's E3, Direct or Presentation, plans.

Perhaps the game is releasing earlier than most expected? That would mean Nintendo has some big reveals in store for E3 as the general though has been Smash will be their big holiday release.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

30. Posted:

@UTXGamer I have no idea where that idea came from. If Smash isn't coming until holiday season, what's coming in between then and now? Bayo 2, maybe... aaaaand.. that's really kinda it. I'm sure they'll reveal plenty at E3, but I just really don't see this being the big holiday release.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

31. Posted:

So hype :D

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

RogueStatus94

32. Posted:

Someone said they could announce the 3DSv release date at the Direct and the WiiUv at E3, which sounds reasonable. I don't see why they wouldn't announce both release dates at once though, we'll see this Tuesday.

Edited on by RogueStatus94

RogueStatus94

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

33. Posted:

RogueStatus94 wrote:

Someone said they could announce the 3DSv release date at the Direct and the WiiUv at E3, which sounds reasonable. I don't see why they wouldn't announce both release dates at once though, we'll see this Tuesday.

The only reason I can see them holdinh off on 1 release date and not the other is if they don't sharea release date. I want NNintendo to announce during the direct that Smash is available for digital download today (the 8th) and physical release will be in November lol jk

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

34. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Didn't they already talk about Smash Bros at the two previous E3's? Thats probably why they want to get all the info out before then, so they aren't spending a third E3 talking about it.

Yeah, at E3 it'll probably just be "THIS GAME IS COMING, YOU BETTER BUY IT GUYS, MEGAMAN AND SONIC ARE FIGHTING SUPER MARIO AND (i assume) PACMAN

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

cookiex

35. Posted:

RogueStatus94 wrote:

Someone said they could announce the 3DSv release date at the Direct and the WiiUv at E3, which sounds reasonable.

It should be the other way around. Wii U needs this game and announcing the release date for it's 3DS counterpart ahead of time won't do any good IMO.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

DanMan82

36. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

@BlueBlurxM: Nintendo is going to have Direct-style E3s for now on until they have a new console to demonstrate.

In an interview with Game Trailers?, Reggie suggested that the Direct E3 was a one time thing and they wouldn't do it this year...but plans do change.

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

37. Posted:

DanMan82 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@BlueBlurxM: Nintendo is going to have Direct-style E3s for now on until they have a new console to demonstrate.

In an interview with Game Trailers?, Reggie suggested that the Direct E3 was a one time thing and they wouldn't do it this year...but plans do change.

To be fair, nothing Nintendo showed last E3 really "blew away" anyone but Nintendo fans. If they are indeed showing off Zelda U, that is a MAJOR release that should be only debuted on a stage with a live crowd.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

38. Posted:

@DanMan82: Really? That's news to me. I always heard the other way around for some reason.

Well, in that case this explains why there's been so few Directs this year so far and why there was so many last year.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DanMan82

39. Posted:

@DestinyMan Yep! I actually managed to find the interview:

He gets asked about 2014's conference at 0:57. He said the format for next years will "be based on what we have and the best way to merchandise all of our activity." So I guess he does open up the possibility that it could happen again.

Edited on by DanMan82

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

AuthorMessage

Blast

40. Posted:

I'm so hyped for this! :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9