Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Direct - 04/08/14

Posts 21 to 40 of 52

MikeLove

Didn't they already talk about Smash Bros at the two previous E3's? Thats probably why they want to get all the info out before then, so they aren't spending a third E3 talking about it.

MikeLove

UTXGamer

Not sure how this relates to Nintendo's E3, Direct or Presentation, plans.

Perhaps the game is releasing earlier than most expected? That would mean Nintendo has some big reveals in store for E3 as the general though has been Smash will be their big holiday release.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

UGXwolf

@UTXGamer I have no idea where that idea came from. If Smash isn't coming until holiday season, what's coming in between then and now? Bayo 2, maybe... aaaaand.. that's really kinda it. I'm sure they'll reveal plenty at E3, but I just really don't see this being the big holiday release.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Booboos35

So hype

The King Of Strong Style

DefHalan

RogueStatus94 wrote:

Someone said they could announce the 3DSv release date at the Direct and the WiiUv at E3, which sounds reasonable. I don't see why they wouldn't announce both release dates at once though, we'll see this Tuesday.

The only reason I can see them holdinh off on 1 release date and not the other is if they don't sharea release date. I want NNintendo to announce during the direct that Smash is available for digital download today (the 8th) and physical release will be in November lol jk

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Didn't they already talk about Smash Bros at the two previous E3's? Thats probably why they want to get all the info out before then, so they aren't spending a third E3 talking about it.

Yeah, at E3 it'll probably just be "THIS GAME IS COMING, YOU BETTER BUY IT GUYS, MEGAMAN AND SONIC ARE FIGHTING SUPER MARIO AND (i assume) PACMAN

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

RogueStatus94 wrote:

Someone said they could announce the 3DSv release date at the Direct and the WiiUv at E3, which sounds reasonable.

It should be the other way around. Wii U needs this game and announcing the release date for it's 3DS counterpart ahead of time won't do any good IMO.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DanMan82

DestinyMan wrote:

@BlueBlurxM: Nintendo is going to have Direct-style E3s for now on until they have a new console to demonstrate.

In an interview with Game Trailers?, Reggie suggested that the Direct E3 was a one time thing and they wouldn't do it this year...but plans do change.

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

MikeLove

DanMan82 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@BlueBlurxM: Nintendo is going to have Direct-style E3s for now on until they have a new console to demonstrate.

In an interview with Game Trailers?, Reggie suggested that the Direct E3 was a one time thing and they wouldn't do it this year...but plans do change.

To be fair, nothing Nintendo showed last E3 really "blew away" anyone but Nintendo fans. If they are indeed showing off Zelda U, that is a MAJOR release that should be only debuted on a stage with a live crowd.

MikeLove

DanMan82

@DestinyMan Yep! I actually managed to find the interview:

He gets asked about 2014's conference at 0:57. He said the format for next years will "be based on what we have and the best way to merchandise all of our activity." So I guess he does open up the possibility that it could happen again.

Edited on by DanMan82

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

Blast

I'm so hyped for this!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

bubble_bear

I'm hoping they reveal this guy:

Untitled

bubble_bear

Bolt_Strike

At least give us a name and release date. I don't really care about anything else right now.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AlexSays

If they announced Goku for Smash Bros I would immediately go buy a Wii U, and that's saying a lot

AlexSays

ShadJV

My wish: they'd release a playable demo after the direct.

My actual expectation: release date Q4 this year, a couple returning characters, a bombshell new character (either something everyone wants or someone no one would expect), and some talk of game modes and/or the customization (stage builder seems likely to be shown). And, of course, some beautiful gameplay footage.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

faint

DanMan82 wrote:

@DestinyMan Yep! I actually managed to find the interview:

He gets asked about 2014's conference at 0:57. He said the format for next years will "be based on what we have and the best way to merchandise all of our activity." So I guess he does open up the possibility that it could happen again.

man.....first time i've scene this interview. it's kinda sad seeing it now knowing how things have turned out.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

hylianhalcyon

Basically just going to copy and paste my comment from the news article.

I hope they show off some new gameplay additions or tweaks to the mechanics that actually get me hyped. Because right now all I've seen is Brawl 2.0, which while that's probably enough for a lot of Nintendo fans, it ain't for me. Them bringing in Namco and the fact that it appears they've straight up lifted the Brawl engine, including character models, makes it seem like they just really want to get this game out quickly to their struggling console.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

kkslider5552000

I'm fine with that, because it's like Brawl except addressing the problems with Brawl.

and honestly Nintendo has released far more uncreative sequels far more frequently, I can't get mad at them re-using an engine. That would be like getting mad at EA because the 30 dollar, free DLC Plants vs. Zombie: Garden Warfare kicked me out of a game a couple of times for no reason. ...I-I think your focus should be elsewhere when it comes to this company, just out of principle?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

hylianhalcyon

As of now though I haven't seen them address any of my big problems with Brawl, which were a lot of the mechanics. Either removed completely or dumbed down compared to what Melee had done. As well as some tweaks to the core gameplay which I didn't like. Now, one thing I've liked about the series is that the gameplay in all three games is distinctly different, and each time it has changed quite drastically while still maintaining the core gameplay. If this new one is just Brawl with more content and they took out random tripping it isn't going to get me hyped.

Now, I don't know many smash fans personally, but I'd say I'm the biggest smash fan I know. If Nintendo can't get me excited about a Smash Bros. game, then it's no wonder the Wiiu is struggling. Which is why I hope this direct can do so.

Tangent: I personally think Sakurai's talent is wasted on this game. After three games and a set formula, they could have had a lot of people step in for his role. Let him use his creative juices and rework something like he did with Kid Icarus, or better yet have him do something original.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

2Pac

I hope it's about 20 mins long...

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.