Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,601 to 9,620 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Z64 wrote:

Was going through Sakurai's twitter and thought these images were interesting.

May 2013
Untitled

Browser translation: "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you! This year, too happily. #press_start ". This is from the Press Start orchestra event in 2013. Seems like he's a fan of Xenoblade...

April 2013

Untitled

Browser translation: figma pit/ブラックピット was released, so slowly smash. I spread his place ニンテンドーランド!. (No relations and games in development). He says it's not in relation to games development, but it's interesting to see this Smash Bros.-like setup and the fact Charizard alone would go on to be revealed as a character, and Dark Pit featured in Palutena's trailer.

I doubt these have any deep meaning, but I just thought they may give a little food for thought.

Hello Ness figurine.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CaviarMeths

The_Ninja wrote:

I'm happy with anything but Shulk because of the points @Z64 stated. I think Shulk is 2nd party. And how many games have Shulk in it? I think only one, but I believe a sequel is coming in 2015. IMO he doesn't fit in Smash, just like how Snake didn't fit in Brawl, a Nintendo game. If he is revealed, I will be pissed, and when I unlock him I might try him out, but I might not even bother. Seriously, we could get so many awesome and WTF charscters on monday if Shulk wasnt so high requested. I'm okay with him being in the game, but not REVEALED. Seems like a waste of CGI to me. That's just my opinion.

1) Shulk is 1st party. Monolith is owned by Nintendo.
2) Shulk is the main character in one of most sought-after and valuable Wii games.
3) Xenoblade Chronicles is only one game, but it is the 5th most critically acclaimed Wii game, after Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Brawl, and Skyward Sword and one of the most acclaimed 1st party Nintendo games with no Mario, Link, or Samus of all time.
4) The timing would be perfect to promote Xenoblade Chronicles X. After Melee, we got Fire Emblem. After Brawl, we got Uprising.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

Ok, the character hate needs to chill. @2Sang no one CARES how unimportant Greninja is to the series. You even said yourself that you like his moveset. Why does it matter that he's in? Oh, because he's not Mewtwo? You are aware that if Mewtwo's not joining it's not because Greninja is, right? There's no actual limit on character slots, save what the 3DS can handle, and I assure you it can handle more than it's getting. If Sakurai wants Mewtwo in, he'll put Mewtwo in. Now quit complaining about the character, himself when you even admitted to enjoying playing as him.

@The_Ninja @Z64 Considering at least one of you (I think both of you, but don't wanna go back to look) admitted to not having played the game and not knowing anything about the character, I feel like any argument you come up with is superficial and based on the "oh, it's another swordsman" bs argument. According to literally everyone that has actually played Xenoblade, he's not at all your typical swordsman, and I feel like people are judging the character with little to no actual reason.

I also don't like this argument that keeps coming up of characters not fitting in. How do they not fit in? Because they're humans with realistic proportions. looks at Zero Suit Because he's carrying a massive weapon? looks at Ike Because they come from M-rated games? That's silly. Even the art style isn't a reasonable argument, as Fire Emblem and Xenoblade look pretty similar in terms of art direction from where I'm standing. I seriously do not understand this "oh, they don't fit in" complaining going on. They seem to fit in just fine, if you ask me.

@DreamyViridi But Chorus Men/Marshal could be so cooooool D:

And since I'm bothering to rag on your character hate, let me attack my own, as well. Pac-man is an interesting character. I didn't want him in because I wanted Lloyd, and while I still am not impressed by the character, I'm still happy for some people that are gonna love him. He's a great character and I'm sure I'll forget how much I didn't want him in the game, when it comes out. Odds are, you guys are gonna do the same.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

2Sang

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Z64 wrote:

Was going through Sakurai's twitter and thought these images were interesting.

May 2013
Untitled

Browser translation: "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you! This year, too happily. #press_start ". This is from the Press Start orchestra event in 2013. Seems like he's a fan of Xenoblade...

April 2013

Untitled

Browser translation: figma pit/ブラックピット was released, so slowly smash. I spread his place ニンテンドーランド!. (No relations and games in development). He says it's not in relation to games development, but it's interesting to see this Smash Bros.-like setup and the fact Charizard alone would go on to be revealed as a character, and Dark Pit featured in Palutena's trailer.

I doubt these have any deep meaning, but I just thought they may give a little food for thought.

Hello Ness figurine.

You can get one of those on ebay, they were available in japan claw machines several years ago. I have Ness, in addition to a dozen or so others, very great quality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Mickey

Yeah, I've never been of the opinion that something or someone "can't" or "shouldn't" be in Smash. If he's interested in putting the character in, Sakurai will figure out a way to make them work. It's a part of the job.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

2Sang

@UGXWolf there are indeed a number of set characters. They're set from the beginning of development. Thus "pokemon from x/y" was indeed a stolen character slot. This doesn't really matter now, but by the next smash bros he will very likely be irrelevant like how Jigglypuff is today. Smash bros is supposed to represent the history of nintendo, not the flavor of the week. Little Mac, Villager, Miis, Palutena, Pacman, Rosalina (although to a slightly lesser extent), and wii fit trainer all have stood the test of time and have had successes for more than 1 game. Greninja will likely become as relevant as doduo.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

DefHalan

2Sang wrote:

Greninja will likely become as relevant as doduo.

Starters don't really become irrelevant. Greninja's inclusion can also resemble the biggest step Pokemon has made throughout the entire series. I am not sure how important Greninja is in the Anime but I wouldn't say the Water Starter from the Pokemon game that took the main series into 3D is irrelevant. Also I liked how Greninja played, it felt very unique

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Sang

CaviarMeths wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

I'm happy with anything but Shulk because of the points @Z64 stated. I think Shulk is 2nd party. And how many games have Shulk in it? I think only one, but I believe a sequel is coming in 2015. IMO he doesn't fit in Smash, just like how Snake didn't fit in Brawl, a Nintendo game. If he is revealed, I will be pissed, and when I unlock him I might try him out, but I might not even bother. Seriously, we could get so many awesome and WTF charscters on monday if Shulk wasnt so high requested. I'm okay with him being in the game, but not REVEALED. Seems like a waste of CGI to me. That's just my opinion.

1) Shulk is 1st party. Monolith is owned by Nintendo.
2) Shulk is the main character in one of most sought-after and valuable Wii games.
3) Xenoblade Chronicles is only one game, but it is the 5th most critically acclaimed Wii game, after Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Brawl, and Skyward Sword and one of the most acclaimed 1st party Nintendo games with no Mario, Link, or Samus of all time.
4) The timing would be perfect to promote Xenoblade Chronicles X. After Melee, we got Fire Emblem. After Brawl, we got Uprising.

I'm guessing we'll at the very least see a shulk cameo in X, and likely will have an actual role in the game. Xenoblade is likely to have more installments in the future as well, probably being the alternate rpg to fire emblem rather than the advance wars, golden sun, or smt series.

MrWalkieTalkie

DefHalan wrote:

I am not sure how important Greninja is in the Anime

Froakie is is the starter that Ash chose and is likely to be on his way to becoming a powerful Greninja by looks of it. Only further proving Greninja's more standout importance over the other 2 starters.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

MrWalkieTalkie

While normally I'm not too hyped up about swordfighters, they usually bore me(mainly why I sorta hope Chrom doesn't join) but Shulk would be an exception. That Monado of his is AWESOME and if Shulk does join I'll likely use him very often!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

2Sang

DefHalan wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Greninja will likely become as relevant as doduo.

Starters don't really become irrelevant. Greninja's inclusion can also resemble the biggest step Pokemon has made throughout the entire series. I am not sure how important Greninja is in the Anime but I wouldn't say the Water Starter from the Pokemon game that took the main series into 3D is irrelevant. Also I liked how Greninja played, it felt very unique

Do you think empoleon, torterra, feraligar, and meganium are relevant anymore? Only the first gen's starters are relevant, in addition to fan favorite blaziken for who knows what reason. I actually thought empoleon was prinplup before double checking google.

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I am not sure how important Greninja is in the Anime

Froakie is is the starter that Ash chose and is likely to be on his way to becoming a powerful Greninja by looks of it. Only further proving Greninja's more standout importance over the other 2 starters.

Is that true? That makes me a little less upset then. Still probably won't be very relevant, but maybe he won't be doduo then. Although I do want doduo as a fighter.

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

While normally I'm not too hyped up about swordfighters, they usually bore me(mainly why I sorta hope Chrom doesn't join) but Shulk would be an exception. That Monado of his is AWESOME and if Shulk does join I'll likely use him very often!

I think they could make chrom more unique than ike by giving him his lance for certain attacks as well. Shulk's monado (although I haven't played xenoblade) to my please undastanding can use his sword with magic attacks as well like wind, so there could be more than just another marth clone.

Eel

Oh wow is the image I posted really that big? I'm using my phone and in my post it looks small, but in the quote it looks huge.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

@2Sang What I'm saying is: if you enjoy the moveset and think the character plays well, what does it matter who it is or how relevant they are? They become relevant to you by being a worthwhile character to use. Just like how Wolf O'Donnell meant nothing to me until I played him in Brawl.

MsJubilee

Hmm UGXwolf is talking about Wolf O'Donnell makes me wonder if he is coming back? I actually hope he doesn't i would rather have krystal in the game,or some other fighter to replace him.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

midnafanboy wrote:

Hmm UGXwolf is talking about Wolf O'Donnell makes me wonder if he is coming back? I actually hope he doesn't i would rather have krystal in the game,or some other fighter to replace him.

This argument again. Look. It's pretty obvious to anyone that plays Wolf even once that he plays nothing like Fox. Removing him would only serve to take a certain playstyle out of the game. If you're gonna remove a character to replace with Krystal, it should be Falco.

MsJubilee

@UGXwolf look is not an argument and one more thing falco was going to return anyway every character that was in melee and brawl,will come back.So no falco will not leave or any of the others.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

I just want Krystal in

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic