Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,581 to 9,600 of 27,917

2Sang

Pika2346 wrote:

I predict Kellam's going to be secretly revealed in the video, but no-one will notice.

Kellam???
Who's that?
I thought I heard something guess not. Probably not important anyways, it's not like anyone else is here.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

The_Ninja wrote:

I'm happy with anything but Shulk because of the points @Z64 stated. I think Shulk is 2nd party. And how many games have Shulk in it? I think only one, but I believe a sequel is coming in 2015. IMO he doesn't fit in Smash, just like how Snake didn't fit in Brawl, a Nintendo game. If he is revealed, I will be pissed, and when I unlock him I might try him out, but I might not even bother. Seriously, we could get so many awesome and WTF charscters on monday if Shulk wasnt so high requested. I'm okay with him being in the game, but not REVEALED. Seems like a waste of CGI to me. That's just my opinion.

That's how I feel about greninja. Greninja is the worst character choice imo since pichu. He's destined to be the next jigglypuff, except not even as popular. Shulk is likely destined to be the next Isaac, who will have a few more games in the series and then a long break before a new one. Shulk is far more important than greninja though, so redirect your rage towards him.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

ZurrrrBlattTron

Waiiiii oh nien you didn't, Greninja is one of the best necomers! He represents sixth gen, it makes sense for him to be in as much as the rest of the newcomers. Actually this is the first Smash game where I didn't really question a newcomer :3 64 Jigglypuff, Melee had Young Link and Brawl had R.O.B(even though I love him now) all those characters really made me go "Ehhhhhh whatev" but Smash 4's Newcomer line up is pretty strong even with WFT and the possible Chorus men i think it's because of the fact that since there's less newcomers more time and energy can go into character development

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

K964

torotoid64 wrote:

... i think it's because of the fact that since there's less newcomers more time and energy can go into character development

This sentence just made me imagine a Smash Bros game with long cutscenes of characters monologuing about why exactly they all smash. I can specifically picture Villager thinking that this isn't what he wanted. This isn't his nature. But, this is what the world around him has transformed him into.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

2Sang

Squid wrote:

@2Sang you are the only one I've ever seen who hates Greninja this much. I don't know why you hate him so much, but maybe if you try him you might like him.

I tried him twice, once on each system. I like the character design and moveset, I just hate the fact that greninja is taking up a slot when he has very little video game significance. Again why not add doduo instead? They're both about as equally important to the franchise. We already have jigglyouff, and will likely never get rid of her, and lucario got lucky with the mega evolution and also starred in a movie and has played a larger part in the series overall than most pokemon. Sure, greninja COULD be important some day, but he has not earned his keep yet, and far from it.
Same reason I don't think Roy should be in, as much as I liked roy.

2Sang

torotoid64 wrote:

Waiiiii oh nien you didn't, Greninja is one of the best necomers! He represents sixth gen, it makes sense for him to be in as much as the rest of the newcomers. Actually this is the first Smash game where I didn't really question a newcomer :3 64 Jigglypuff, Melee had Young Link and Brawl had R.O.B(even though I love him now) all those characters really made me go "Ehhhhhh whatev" but Smash 4's Newcomer line up is pretty strong even with WFT and the possible Chorus men i think it's because of the fact that since there's less newcomers more time and energy can go into character development

The lineup is mostly good. The roster is perfect except rosalina and greninja. Rosalina isn't a bad choice, but isn't perfect mainly due to the potential that she becomes the next daisy in terms of importance to mario (although SM3DW has kept her very relevant). I can still enjoy her being put in though. I was genuinely upset that greninja was revealed. I'd rather have 100 different characters than him. He has not earned his spot. He could very well one day, but not yet. He's going to take up a spot of someone who has deserved it like Dixie, K Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Starfy, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, or Ray.

Uncle_Franklin

"That's how I feel about greninja. Greninja is the worst character choice imo since pichu. He's destined to be the next jigglypuff, except not even as popular."

Woah, let's not say things we can't take back.

Uncle_Franklin

2Sang

Franklin wrote:

"That's how I feel about greninja. Greninja is the worst character choice imo since pichu. He's destined to be the next jigglypuff, except not even as popular."

Name me a worse character other than pichu than greninja? And don't say someone like Dr. Mario or Young Link because every other character has potential to have a good enough moveset and far more importance than greninja. Mewtwo would have definitely been a better choice.

Retro_on_theGo

2Sang wrote:

Squid wrote:

@2Sang you are the only one I've ever seen who hates Greninja this much. I don't know why you hate him so much, but maybe if you try him you might like him.

I tried him twice, once on each system. I like the character design and moveset, I just hate the fact that greninja is taking up a slot when he has very little video game significance. Again why not add doduo instead? They're both about as equally important to the franchise. We already have jigglyouff, and will likely never get rid of her, and lucario got lucky with the mega evolution and also starred in a movie and has played a larger part in the series overall than most pokemon. Sure, greninja COULD be important some day, but he has not earned his keep yet, and far from it.
Same reason I don't think Roy should be in, as much as I liked roy.

The generation of pokemon that is current with smash bros needs a rep and it just happened to be Greninja. Gen 1, 2, and 4 had one. 3 and 5 didn't because they're time ended before the next smash came out.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Importance wise I would put Rosalina FARRRRRRR ahead of Daisy,We see her in Galaxy and she held more importance to us and even had her own Lil backstory she was in Galaxy 2 and Mario Kart Wii and before she was announced for Smash she was confirmed for MK8 and SM3DW plus the move set is already there vs Daisy having to be a clone of peach, or be a sports player (which is a nono) Greninja holds a spot cause he reps X and Y AKA the best Pokemon games we had in a while sure he's new but that means nothing ESPECIALLY if chrom is in! plus gameplay wise he's very unique and different from the rest my only issue with him is his Voice though... Thought he would sound more masculine and ninja like rather than a drunk Totadile

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

R_Champ

torotoid64 wrote:

Importance wise I would put Rosalina FARRRRRRR ahead of Daisy,We see her in Galaxy and she held more importance to us and even had her own Lil backstory she was in Galaxy 2 and Mario Kart Wii and before she was announced for Smash she was confirmed for MK8 and SM3DW plus the move set is already there vs Daisy having to be a clone of peach, or be a sports player (which is a nono) Greninja holds a spot cause he reps X and Y AKA the best Pokemon games we had in a while sure he's new but that means nothing ESPECIALLY if chrom is in! plus gameplay wise he's very unique and different from the rest my only issue with him is his Voice though... Thought he would sound more masculine and ninja like rather than a drunk Totadile

As much as I love Daisy, I totally agree. I just hope they have an alternate costume for Peach that looks like Daisy (maybe even a voice change) just like Wii Fit Trainer.

And shame on people for hating Shulk. Who's a better alternative? Ridley, K.Rool, Sora, Geno, or Bowser Jr.? Get out....LOL

Would love to see Chrom and Bayonetta to have some presence though.

"But Bayonetta and Shulk don't fit!" All I know is you won't fit on the stage when I select these characters to play as

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

MsJubilee

Is not shulk who is getting announced is not his time is. IT'S REYN TIME!!!!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Uncle_Franklin

2Sang wrote:

Franklin wrote:

Name me a worse character other than pichu than greninja? And don't say someone like Dr. Mario or Young Link because every other character has potential to have a good enough moveset and far more importance than greninja. Mewtwo would have definitely been a better choice.

Mewtwo would have been good, especially as he's gone Mega. I don't think there's any evidence that Greninja is as self defeating as Pichu was, nor does he seem as irrelevant considering he's the final evolution of one of the starter Pokemon of the current generation. I can take him or leave him, will be interesting to see how the character plays.

R.O.B. for me is a character that I definitely would not miss. Certainly would prefer Greninja to R.O.B. returning.

Uncle_Franklin

2Sang

Franklin wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Franklin wrote:

Mewtwo would have been good, especially as he's gone Mega. I don't think there's any evidence that Greninja is as self defeating as Pichu was, nor does he seem as irrelevant considering he's the final evolution of one of the starter Pokemon of the current generation. I can take him or leave him, will be interesting to see how the character plays.

R.O.B. for me is a character that I definitely would not miss. Certainly would prefer Greninja to R.O.B. returning.

I hate playing as ROB but appreciate his unique style. Also, ROB is incredibly important to video game history, and without him, there may not have been smash bros.

2Sang

Morphbug wrote:

Too bad Waluigi time.

Untitled

Aww Yeah. My dad also said waluigi's in and he works at nintendo.

Nintendo6400

I thought ROB was an interesting choice, but yeah I wouldn't really miss him. Plus he had an over powered final smash.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Uncle_Franklin

@Morphbug

Wow, that's the most terrifying squirrel since the lady rodent tried to assault Merlin in The Sword in the Stone.

Uncle_Franklin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic