Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,561 to 9,580 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

Azooooz wrote:

If you remember correctly, there were trophy quizzes from the Super Smash Bros. Direct. These were hints at which characters they would be revealed. Here's so far:

Tiki Trophy - Ike
Fi - Sheik
Pseudo Palutena - Palutena
Kihunter Queen - ???

Imaging if Kraid from Metroid is revealed.

I thought those quizzes would tease newcomers not vveterans. Here were my predictions:
Zelda: Fi = Ghirahim (Fi's counterpart. Both from SS)
FE: tiki = chrom/technician (it was the FE:A model)
KI: PALUTENA
Metroid: ki-hunter queen = ??? (I actually don't know that much about metroid. I still need to play prime 1 & 2)

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

If you remember correctly, there were trophy quizzes from the Super Smash Bros. Direct. These were hints at which characters they would be revealed. Here's so far:

Tiki Trophy - Ike
Fi - Sheik
Pseudo Palutena - Palutena
Kihunter Queen - ???

Imaging if Kraid from Metroid is revealed.

I thought those quizzes would tease newcomers not vveterans. Here were my predictions:
Zelda: Fi = Ghirahim (Fi's counterpart. Both from SS)
FE: tiki = chrom/technician (it was the FE:A model)
KI: PALUTENA
Metroid: ki-hunter queen = ??? (I actually don't know that much about metroid. I still need to play prime 1 & 2)

While Sheik, Charizard, and Zero Suit are technically veterans, they've never been characters of their own. People keep running around with the "three separate characters" mindset, but if Sakurai had considered them separate characters at the time, they wouldn't have been part of another character's moveset, in a sense, rather than waiting until Smash 4 to make them their own character slots.

I'm guessing Sakurai considered scrapping these characters when technical limitations on the 3DS made it hard to implement them, but when he thought about it, he realized how well each character would work solo, if he just rounded out the edges that the other team members managed to round out, in Brawl.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

The_Ninja

Got bored, so I made this stage idea.
I want a Tetris stage for 3DS, and a Dr. Mario stage for Wii U. On the Tetris stage, you'd start on the the first floor of blocks, and you can see blocks falling in the background. Alright, now things get crazy. Depending on what color you are, Tetris blocks will fall down in the spot where you were on. So for example you are P1, red blocks will fall down every 20 seconds. A shadow that follows you will appear 6 seconds before they fall, so you can put them jn the correct place, where your other red blocks are. Your own blocks wont hurt you, but other color blocks will send you flying a bit, not that far though. The blocks will dissapear if they get too high. If you manage to get 3 on top of each other or next to each other 2 times, you can destroy every Tetris block and will be unvunerable to all tetris blocks for a couple of seconds. You will still take damage from opponents though.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MrWalkieTalkie

The only thing that's still throwing me off on this is, why? If it is Shulk, why Shulk? Why are we getting another newcomer? We just got 3 newcomers last month. It makes more sense to just give us another veteran. And why is this mystery new fighter being introduced all on it's own in a live presentation rather than a Nintendo Direct? What's so special about this character that Sakurai insists on introducing them in this special manner? That's sorta why I have doubts that it's Shulk. But then again, I can't really think of anyone that's that deserving.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Budda

@MrWalkieTalkie
I think they just run out of time till the 3DS version get released in Japan.
They just want to show all trailers they prepared for promotion purposes.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

BandG

My guess is Chibi Robo, just because i think he already has a moveset made for him, and i want him then again if he were in the game i could see him as a secret character.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Z64

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

The only thing that's still throwing me off on this is, why? If it is Shulk, why Shulk? Why are we getting another newcomer? We just got 3 newcomers last month. It makes more sense to just give us another veteran. And why is this mystery new fighter being introduced all on it's own in a live presentation rather than a Nintendo Direct? What's so special about this character that Sakurai insists on introducing them in this special manner? That's sorta why I have doubts that it's Shulk. But then again, I can't really think of anyone that's that deserving.

If it is Shulk, his inclusion will be purely to promote Xenoblade Chronicles X. Smash Bros. 4 is promoting recent releases or upcoming releases a bit more than the series usually does; why else would we have a stage based on the crappy Sonic Lost World when Sonic has such a rich history?

I think it's getting such a special reveal spot because - had there been no prominent leak - his reveal would have been quite a surprise.

I hope it isn't Shulk because

1. That'll add even more credence to the already-strong gematsu leak, meaning there's not really much of a surprise left if Chrom and Chorus Kids are the only remaining newcomers.

2. I've not played Xenoblade Chronicles and have zero interest in the character. I'm sure the game is good, and I'm sure he's a great character, but there's probably a dozen more deserving and long-standing Nintendo characters out there. What kind of party character is Shulk anyway? 1st? 2nd? 3rd?

With that leak being pretty accurate so far and a Monolith Soft dev retweeting the announcement, all fingers are pointing to Shulk.

It's a 3-minute presentation. I've seen some people say that we'll also get a veteran reveal like in Greninja's trailer because of the length, but Palutena's trailer was just over 3 minutes too and only revealed her. It'll either be a newcomer and one (or maybe even two) veterans, or a newcomer with a complicated moveset that needs the time to fully showcase it (Chorus Kids??).

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

cookiex

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

The only thing that's still throwing me off on this is, why? If it is Shulk, why Shulk? Why are we getting another newcomer?

Why not? Up until E3 we had a sparse number of newcomer reveals (one every two months starting December). I'm glad that newcomers are being revealed at shorter intervals now.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TwilightV

I'm okay with Shulk. I like Xenoblade. Easily one of the best games on Wii.

And if it's not him, that's fine too... as long as it's not the only character I don't want in the game that isn't already in it.

TwilightV

cookiex

TwilightV wrote:

And if it's not him, that's fine too... as long as it's not the only character I don't want in the game that isn't already in it.

Who?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TwilightV

cookiex wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Who?

I don't want to say. They're a popular character, so mentioning their name might start something. XD

TwilightV

Kewlan

You better tell us now or I will be mad.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Mr_Video

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Mr_Video wrote:

Einherjar wrote:

As for Chrom, im still not sure why they went with Marth. Sure, mart is more or less THE most iconic FE character, still, Chrom would have had more marketing value, since more people tend to know him nowadays.

Well, he's actually pretty popular in Japan apparently and he's already had more exposure thanks to being in Melee and Brawl. Plus I think the FE fan-base would be pretty annoyed if they booted the oldest Fire Emblem lord and the one whose appeared in the most games in the series for Chrom.

I'm just gonna be original with my guess for the newcomer and say Masked Man from Mother 3. I mean, Mother's anniversary was pretty recent...And we still don't have any Mother reps confirmed yet, unless you count Ness, who basically has a reserved spot in every Smash. I think he could have pretty unique move-set.
...But realistically it's going to be Shulk, of course.

I'd rather they keep Ness and Lucas than add someone new. And what anniversary are you talking about? The anniversary dates for both the original Mother and Mother 2 AKA Earthbound haven't happened yet.

No same here, I really want Ness and Lucas to come back, but if there were to be a third Mother representative I think the Masked Man would be the best choice. I'm not realistically expecting it to happen though.
Whoops, I really need to fact check myself. Thanks for correcting me on that point.

Mr_Video

The_Ninja

I'm happy with anything but Shulk because of the points @Z64 stated. I think Shulk is 2nd party. And how many games have Shulk in it? I think only one, but I believe a sequel is coming in 2015. IMO he doesn't fit in Smash, just like how Snake didn't fit in Brawl, a Nintendo game. If he is revealed, I will be pissed, and when I unlock him I might try him out, but I might not even bother. Seriously, we could get so many awesome and WTF charscters on monday if Shulk wasnt so high requested. I'm okay with him being in the game, but not REVEALED. Seems like a waste of CGI to me. That's just my opinion.

The_Ninja

DreamyViridi

The_Ninja wrote:

I'm happy with anything but Shulk because of the points @Z64 stated. I think Shulk is 2nd party. And how many games have Shulk in it? I think only one, but I believe a sequel is coming in 2015. IMO he doesn't fit in Smash, just like how Snake didn't fit in Brawl, a Nintendo game. If he is revealed, I will be pissed, and when I unlock him I might try him out, but I might not even bother. Seriously, we could get so many awesome and WTF charscters on monday if Shulk wasnt so high requested. I'm okay with him being in the game, but not REVEALED. Seems like a waste of CGI to me. That's just my opinion.

Funny, I could say the same about the 'Chorus Kids'...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

JunkosBoobies

DreamyViridi wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Kewlan

Did the Gematsu leak specify if it's Chorus Men or Marshall?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

KingDunsparce

Kewlan wrote:

Did the Gematsu leak specify if it's Chorus Men or Marshall?

Chorus Men, but it could have been referring to Marshall.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

The_Ninja

DreamyViridi wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

No one is holding you back. They ain't even revealed, and it's just an opinon. Chorus Men are just so cartoony and fit in well, they'd be weird but awesome anyways. Like G&W.

The_Ninja

Z64

Was going through Sakurai's twitter and thought these images were interesting.

May 2013
Untitled

Browser translation: "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you! This year, too happily. #press_start ". This is from the Press Start orchestra event in 2013. Seems like he's a fan of Xenoblade...

April 2013

Untitled

Browser translation: figma pit/ブラックピット was released, so slowly smash. I spread his place ニンテンドーランド!. (No relations and games in development). He says it's not in relation to games development, but it's interesting to see this Smash Bros.-like setup and the fact Charizard alone would go on to be revealed as a character, and Dark Pit featured in Palutena's trailer.

I doubt these have any deep meaning, but I just thought they may give a little food for thought.

Edited on by Z64

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic