Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,541 to 9,560 of 27,917

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

What about if it's sceptile, we have a water and a fire pokemon. They should just add grass already anyone else agree?

Yes, we need a grass pokemon

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

Last thing after this reveal how many spaces are left for new fighters? Im guessing one more after this and that's it. And is going to be the best one so is going to be cacturne. Cause he is grass and we need a grass pokemon like right now.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

cookiex wrote:

If anyone's wondering, here's the Monolith Soft dev who tweeted (Xenoblade writer Yuichiro Takeda):
https://twitter.com/yuichiro_takeda

LOL. Right now Sakurai is yelling at him: "PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!!!!!"

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

I would like to point out that we have no need for a Grass Poke'mon and the reasons are two-fold. One, type advantage likely doesn't play a very big role in this game, so acting like the types actually matter is silly. Two, even if it did, Water>Fire (Greninja>Charizard) Fire/Flying>Steel/Fighting (Charizard>Lucario) Fighting>Dark (Lucario>Greninja). We already have a trio and it actually manages to avoid the fire>grass>water>fire stereotype. Bonus points for Sakurai.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

Ivysaur was the best Pokemon Trainer pokemon from Brawl. I wish she could return, but I guess that's not happening.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

Mr_Video wrote:

Einherjar wrote:

As for Chrom, im still not sure why they went with Marth. Sure, mart is more or less THE most iconic FE character, still, Chrom would have had more marketing value, since more people tend to know him nowadays.

Well, he's actually pretty popular in Japan apparently and he's already had more exposure thanks to being in Melee and Brawl. Plus I think the FE fan-base would be pretty annoyed if they booted the oldest Fire Emblem lord and the one whose appeared in the most games in the series for Chrom.

I'm just gonna be original with my guess for the newcomer and say Masked Man from Mother 3. I mean, Mother's anniversary was pretty recent...And we still don't have any Mother reps confirmed yet, unless you count Ness, who basically has a reserved spot in every Smash. I think he could have pretty unique move-set.
...But realistically it's going to be Shulk, of course.

I'd rather they keep Ness and Lucas than add someone new. And what anniversary are you talking about? The anniversary dates for both the original Mother and Mother 2 AKA Earthbound haven't happened yet.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

FriedSquid

As far as Marth vs. Chrom, it's a little difficult. Both are similar, or at least could have very similar movesets. Marth is popular in Japan, is a mainstay of the series and definitely has his importance to Fire Emblem. But on the other hand, while Chrom is new, his game basically reignited interest in the series and kept it from dying. They're both pretty important when you think about it...

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

I would like to point out that we have no need for a Grass Poke'mon and the reasons are two-fold. One, type advantage likely doesn't play a very big role in this game, so acting like the types actually matter is silly. Two, even if it did, Water>Fire (Greninja>Charizard) Fire/Flying>Steel/Fighting (Charizard>Lucario) Fighting>Dark (Lucario>Greninja). We already have a trio and it actually manages to avoid the fire>grass>water>fire stereotype. Bonus points for Sakurai.

I still want a Grass Pokemon. People would have said Wii Fit didn't need a character but it got one. I don't think there has to be a Grass Pokemon for any reason other than I love Grass Pokemon

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

The_Ninja

Sceptile or Chorus Men pls. Seriously, I don't get the hype for shulk! You know what, Sakurai should just show him so there's no more requesting him. Pokemon is a BIG franchise, it always sells good, so ofcourse we need alot of them in smash! In poke balls or playable! If you'd ask me, it deserves 7 reps! Same goes for Mario, but he is the MASCOT OF NINTENDO! Zelda and Kirby are still well selling, but less populair then the other two. Am I the only one who didn't know who Shulk was until they kept requesting him?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

I also hope it's the Rhythm Heaven representative. Let's hope that retweet didn't mean anything!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

Kewlan wrote:

I also hope it's the Rhythm Heaven representative. Let's hope that retweet didn't mean anything!

Platinum actually did the same 3 times, and it did not involve anything Platinum related.... it could just be friends helping friends, or Sakurai asking him to help troll us....

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

The_Ninja wrote:

Platinum actually did the same 3 times, and it did not involve anything Platinum related.... it could just be friends helping friends, or Sakurai asking him to help troll us....

Oh that's some next level trolling right there! I bet he actually did that ._.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

DreamyViridi

Kewlan wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Oh that's some next level trolling right there! I bet he actually did that ._.

I was thinking something like that might be happening, I hope it's true. It'd be a shame to now watch the reveal and see that it's something everyone expected. I want to be surprised!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

But now we're expecting it to be a troll tweet... so now he's actually going to show us Shulk and we'll be surprised after all!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

UGXwolf

There's very little they could do to surprise me. If Marshal even gets revealed before the game launches, I'll be legitimately shocked, but other than that, the remaining newcomer pool is actually fairly low, if you regard it with care. The veteran pool actually outsizes it, at this point.

On that note, unannounced veterans! We're still waiting on:
Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness, Ganondorf, Wario, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Metaknight, Falco, ROB, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle. Honorable mentions go to Mewtwo and Roy who have a shot at returning (but not much of one), Young Link who essentially still is in the game, and Dr. Mario who will probably be an alternate costume for Mario. No shout outs for Pichu, though because not a chance. >.> (Though you can argue he's still in the game because goggleschu.

cookiex

The_Ninja wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Uh... when?

Cause last I checked whenever the folks at Platinum did it there was something Platinum-related involved (Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2). Same with Monolith Soft.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

OmegaMetroid93

I'm not expecting Shulk, despite the tweet. I just really don't want to be disappointed if it's not him.

OmegaMetroid93

Azooooz

If you remember correctly, there were trophy quizzes from the Super Smash Bros. Direct. These were hints at which characters they would be revealed. Here's so far:

Tiki Trophy - Ike
Fi - Sheik
Pseudo Palutena - Palutena
Kihunter Queen - ???

Imaging if Kraid from Metroid is revealed.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

Azooooz wrote:

If you remember correctly, there were trophy quizzes from the Super Smash Bros. Direct. These were hints at which characters they would be revealed. Here's so far:

Tiki Trophy - Ike
Fi - Sheik
Pseudo Palutena - Palutena
Kihunter Queen - ???

Imaging if Kraid from Metroid is revealed.

We seem to forgetting the obvious: Zero Suit Samus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic