Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,421 to 9,440 of 27,917

MsJubilee

Still waiting for metaknight's announcement and to see if they fixed him or not.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

Miiverse: Little Mac is OP, Rosalina is OP, Greninja is OP, Mii is OP, Palutena is OP.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

Palutena appears to leave herself wide open after a lot of her attacks, and Heavenly Light has no stun, so she's wide open, when she uses it. I can't imagine it's lagless, either, so it'll be pretty useless 1v1.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

Interesting cameo fan service for the Taiko Tatsujin fans

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Kewlan

Untitled
Aww!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Jazzer94

technotaylor98 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

Okay, quick question here. I have never had ANY Super Smash Bros game. (dodges gunfire)
I did play Brawl at my cousin's awhile back, but only for a few minutes. To be honest it was a chaotic and crazy few minutes for me. I had no idea how to play. So my question is, is this game a hard-core only style series? Or is it pretty easy to learn for someone who's never played? I'm guessing it's the latter, being I have never found any Mario related game hard. I've played slightly hectic games (Mario Kart 8 online, Pikmin 3) and don't find them hard to learn/play in the least bit.

Playing at a competitive level as a newcomer can be extremely chaotic, yes. Lucky you played Brawl and not Melee, actually. Melee is much more fast-paced than Brawl. It takes some adjusting and I would recommend familiarizing yourself with either the single player modes or other new players before jumping in with people who actually know what they're doing.

The learning curve is more steep than a typical Nintendo game and some characters are easier to learn than others. Kirby, for example, is a pretty straight-forward character that is great for new players, whereas someone like Ice Climbers is a character that takes a lot of time and dedication to master.

Thanks, in that case it sounds like a game I'll pick up.

This isn't a hardcore only series you can play it casually just fine all you is to be able to shield, grab and roll if playing with items four player work on those and its fine. There isn't a high learning curve till you take the random element out (items) and have to rely on pure skill.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Retro_on_theGo

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"The character farther in the back isn't from the Imperial forces, and the character in the front is not the infamous drum-playing puppet in Osaka. No, Mario is actually wearing an outfit from Family Computer Golf: U.S. Course! NES Open Tournament Golf might be a more familiar title."

Man the alternate costumes are so great now. They alone are getting me so excited for this game.

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

Miiverse: Little Mac is OP, Rosalina is OP, Greninja is OP, Mii is OP, Palutena is OP.

The funny thing is Little Mac isn't even that OP, Mario can actually own him. He has a bad recovery and he sucks in the air. When your power meter is full, you'll probaly be blasted away anyways. So anyone with a superior recovery and normal speed (maybe even slow) can beat him.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Uncle_Franklin

I think there's good potential for downloadable alternative costumes down the line. A good way to mix things up without changing the balance of the game.

Uncle_Franklin

UGXwolf

The_Ninja wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The funny thing is Little Mac isn't even that OP, Mario can actually own him. He has a bad recovery and he sucks in the air. When your power meter is full, you'll probaly be blasted away anyways. So anyone with a superior recovery and normal speed (maybe even slow) can beat him.

That may be assuming a bit too much, here. Little Mac's meta essentially implies never being in the air, when you can help it and doing so away from opponents when you can't. This doesn't gel with the current competitive meta, but that may change big time with this game, depending on what advanced techniques do and don't exist and whether aerial is still the only viable approach for most characters or not.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

The_Ninja

Franklin wrote:

I think there's good potential for downloadable alternative costumes down the line. A good way to mix things up without changing the balance of the game.

Stages and this are the only thing I expect for DLC, and they should be free, but only available for a couple of days, or as a preorder/Day 1 bonus.

The_Ninja

Kewlan

The_Ninja wrote:

Stages and this are the only thing I expect for DLC, and they should be free, but only available for a couple of days, or as a preorder/Day 1 bonus.

No. Just no.
Why should they work hard on stages and then just throw them away?
And pre-order bonus? I don't want Nintendo to become EA or Ubisoft, than you very much.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

2Sang

Nintendo6400 wrote:

No one is saying new were saying veteran. Also I believe we might get another smash bros direct right before the release. We still know relatively nothing about the wii u version.

So how was that veteran reveal today? I will agree that there will likely be another direct though probably focused on the Wii u version

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

Kewlan wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

No. Just no.
Why should they work hard on stages and then just throw them away?
And pre-order bonus? I don't want Nintendo to become EA or Ubisoft, than you very much.

I guess you're right, but the stages don't have to be something dynamic, or very complicated to make. It could just be something simple, but not simple enough to make it in stage builder.

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

DestinyMan wrote:

Nintendo will reveal a newcomer on Monday in a 3 minute video at 7 AM PT/ 10 AM ET.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/487559269990932481

OMG! SO HYPED!!!! WHO WILL IT BE? RIDLEY? K ROOL? SHADOW? JOHN LENNON?

Seriously though, I hope it's K Rool or Chorus Boys. I think Chorus Boys = Marshall but we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

jump

I'm going for aim low so you can't be disappointed route, C'MON PRINCESS DAISY!!!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FishieFish

Chrom's the bomb! (Hopefuly..).

"No one said you could touch."

Azooooz

People should use past tense because the character roster has already been considered before the start of game development. Hope that your favorite character has made it in.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TwilightV

All but one of the characters I didn't want in are already in, so unless the universe hates me this can only be a welcome addition.

TwilightV

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic