Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,341 to 9,360 of 27,917

Jazzer94

The_Ninja wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I have no doubt the Wii U version will be the best version, as much as I like the 3DS version and the idea of a portable Smash. The Super Smash Bros. series has always been firmly a home console experience. I also feel when the Wii U version comes out, that will be played predominately more in tournaments and events than the 3DS version, though there should be Smash Bros. 3DS tournaments of course. The Wii U version will have a lot more stuff than the 3DS version, with possibly more stages, trophies, and other goodies. It will already have a superior soundtrack compared to the 3DS version, which has only two tracks for each stage compared to the Wii U version's massive My Music options returning from Brawl. And as others already pointed out, we don't know any exclusive modes for Smash Bros. Wii U so far because Sakurai is focusing on the version that is releasing first, as he should be. So far there's only amiibo support for the Wii U version.

After the Smash Bros. 3DS release, that's when I'll expect substantially more information coming out on what will make the Wii U version worth playing.

I don't think the 3DS version will ever be played or relevant on a competitive level which isn't a bad thing at all but it is definitely being geared more towards casual play.

It will def be played at a competitive level, not as much as the U version though. I think we'll get more online tournaments than locally though. There's even a whole campaign on Smashboards to start customizationable moveset tournaments for 3DS, also some people willing to stream the matches, if there's a spectate mode.

Might last a couple of months but I doubt it will have proper competitive scene if it has to rely on 3DSes online which is hit and miss, there is never going to be crowds of people sitting and cheering like there is for the console versions, I feel like it will be something friends will play casually at conventions and other similar events while waiting in things like queues.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

The_Ninja

Captain_Toad wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Splatom wrote:

@UGXwolf If he can't jump, give him a jetpack or something!

When has a Toad ever used a jetpack?

Mario party 6

That actually gave me an idea, to have his moveset based on Treasure Tracker, Mario Party, and NSMBWii power ups. Sounds crazy, but could work..

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

Jazzer94 wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I have no doubt the Wii U version will be the best version, as much as I like the 3DS version and the idea of a portable Smash. The Super Smash Bros. series has always been firmly a home console experience. I also feel when the Wii U version comes out, that will be played predominately more in tournaments and events than the 3DS version, though there should be Smash Bros. 3DS tournaments of course. The Wii U version will have a lot more stuff than the 3DS version, with possibly more stages, trophies, and other goodies. It will already have a superior soundtrack compared to the 3DS version, which has only two tracks for each stage compared to the Wii U version's massive My Music options returning from Brawl. And as others already pointed out, we don't know any exclusive modes for Smash Bros. Wii U so far because Sakurai is focusing on the version that is releasing first, as he should be. So far there's only amiibo support for the Wii U version.

After the Smash Bros. 3DS release, that's when I'll expect substantially more information coming out on what will make the Wii U version worth playing.

I don't think the 3DS version will ever be played or relevant on a competitive level which isn't a bad thing at all but it is definitely being geared more towards casual play.

It will def be played at a competitive level, not as much as the U version though. I think we'll get more online tournaments than locally though. There's even a whole campaign on Smashboards to start customizationable moveset tournaments for 3DS, also some people willing to stream the matches, if there's a spectate mode.

Might last a couple of months but I doubt it will have proper competitive scene if it has to rely on 3DSes online which is hit and miss, there is never going to be crowds of people sitting and cheering like there is for the console versions, I feel like it will be something friends will play casually at conventions and other similar events while waiting in things like queues.

Streaming is also very expensive, it could be cheapend though. You can get good quality streaming by just using a webcam, even though it's not high quality. But yea I agree on you, competitive people will lean towards the Wii U version, it has the GC controller and easy/cheap streaming options, and casuals and a small competitive scene will buy the 3DS version because they can adjust to new controls, and like the artstyle of it~(me, I'll get the Wii U version when I have a Wii U) But am I the only one who thinks that competitive people will buy the Wii U or 3DS version, notice it doesn't have L canceling, wavedashing etc. and then grab their Gmecube and go play Melee?

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

8BitSamurai

The_Ninja wrote:

But am I the only one who thinks that competitive people will buy the Wii U or 3DS version, notice it doesn't have L canceling, wavedashing etc. and then grab their Gmecube and go play Melee?

I guarantee that'll happen to me

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

The_Ninja

8BitSamurai wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

But am I the only one who thinks that competitive people will buy the Wii U or 3DS version, notice it doesn't have L canceling, wavedashing etc. and then grab their Gmecube and go play Melee?

I guarantee that'll happen to me

Even though it wont happen to me, I'll still keep playing Melee and Brawl a couple of times.

The_Ninja

ZurrrrBlattTron

Didn't the video UgxWolf post a while back confirm Wavedashing and L canceling?
Runsbacktothevideotomakesureitsstillin

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Datasun_7

Haven't seen Diddy in awhile. Nice to see him again

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Kewlan

So he still didn't confirm which one's the standard...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

So he still didn't confirm which one's the standard...

Actually, he confirmed that the first attack isn't a special, but a Smash attack, which means it's always in her moveset... which means Palutena top-tier. DAT RANGE! Seriously, with the competitive meta being what it is, an attack that acts effectively as a counter to aerial approach is deadly.

@torotoid64 I believe Alax pointed out that one of the characters (Little Mac?) Can kinda dash dance, which could be big for the competitive meta. Combine that with Palutena crippling the aerial approach, and you have a combination for either really appeasing the competitive crowd or really pissing them off.

@8-bit_samurai and @The_Ninja Maybe no L-canceling, but autocancels are confirmed. Short hop top tier.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

Granted, that Up-Smash leaves her a bit defenceless to any attacker that's behind her but otherwise, that attack is something else! I guess Palutena is just making her God Tier status known.
[ba dum tish]

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendo6400

Palutena seems to be a ranged character. I'm hoping her up smash has some sour spots near the top.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf Hold your horses on claiming top tier that up smash looks like an easy punish and heavenly light has no knock back and most likely does 1% damage a hit (so 1% a second probably), we still don't know her actual ground walking and running speeds so a fast character could potentially be able to body the hell out of her plus we don't know how light or heavy she is which is crucial factor in a character.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

The_Ninja

torotoid64 wrote:

http://www.rivalsofaether.com/
This is a smash inspired game :3 looks very neat and kinda different from smash hopefully there's more than four characters D:

The people who made this also made a SSB game with Gameboy graphics called Super Smash Land . Anyways, this game looks so cool, and I hope there's a demo for it (maybe the game will come on Eshop) but look at what he posted on Youtube:

'It is a spiritual successor to Super Smash Land in a way. The final game coming out in 2015 will have more than 4 characters, but we haven't announced final roster count yet ."

EDIT: He posted this on Smashboards:
"It's being built for controllers. You can do everything with keyboard in the development build, but the game is designed for having an analog stick. We have not announced any platforms yet, but it will be a real downloadable game for either PC or Console or both"

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 Actually, we DO know her walking and running speeds. We don't know her weight, but you can see her walking and running in the trailer. (I'm not talking about light weight. There's a short clip where we see her running.) She's definitely a power/zone control character. Also, I wasn't factoring in Heavenly Light because we don't know if that's standard or not. All we know is that the up smash is a good counter to an aeriel approach, though obviously, it's probably quite punishable. (Honestly, I imagine she's going to have a lot of lag. Kinda the opposite of Wii Fit Trainer or Little Mac, in a way. All the range and utility, but so much lag.)

And honestly, I don't care about tiers. I'm more pointing out how easily that can counter the aerial meta. I think Sakurai's got his bases covered on this one, creating some form of cyclical balance (similar to what League has, but minus the FTP model.) That may be something to take into account when considering roster predictions. No character will likely be without a foil. And I'd imagine no character will be without an advantage, thought that remains to be seen.

My point is, he's not just throwing characters at the board, here. He's setting them up to be able to balance without every character feeling the same or similar.

@DestinyMan Palutena appears to be a zone-control character, but I've noticed that she actually does have a number of flichless moves and high lag moves. I imagine that would play a big part in her weaknesses.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf I assumed that wasn't her full running speed if so she is like as slow as Gannondorf.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 I said run, not dash, though it could be her dash considering her range would actually make that speed somewhat viable.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

@Jazzer94 I said run, not dash, though it could be her dash considering her range would actually make that speed somewhat viable.

Did I use the word dash anywhere?

This is dashing.
Untitled
Untitled

This was Palutena's movement.
Untitled

notice the lack of a dust effect which is why I used the word running in my description.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

Posting twice but had to share.
Untitled
Edit: link is better.

Edited on by Jazzer94