Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,321 to 9,340 of 27,917

UGXwolf

DestinyMan wrote:

@UGXWolf: Why would Mario Party 10 be so late? It isn't like Star Fox, you know. I imagine Mario Party games aren't that difficult to make.

I can only assume you thought I meant like November or December. I did not. I was referring to January or February.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

I have no doubt the Wii U version will be the best version, as much as I like the 3DS version and the idea of a portable Smash. The Super Smash Bros. series has always been firmly a home console experience. I also feel when the Wii U version comes out, that will be played predominately more in tournaments and events than the 3DS version, though there should be Smash Bros. 3DS tournaments of course. The Wii U version will have a lot more stuff than the 3DS version, with possibly more stages, trophies, and other goodies. It will already have a superior soundtrack compared to the 3DS version, which has only two tracks for each stage compared to the Wii U version's massive My Music options returning from Brawl. And as others already pointed out, we don't know any exclusive modes for Smash Bros. Wii U so far because Sakurai is focusing on the version that is releasing first, as he should be. So far there's only amiibo support for the Wii U version.

After the Smash Bros. 3DS release, that's when I'll expect substantially more information coming out on what will make the Wii U version worth playing.

I don't think the 3DS version will ever be played or relevant on a competitive level which isn't a bad thing at all but it is definitely being geared more towards casual play.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

The_Ninja

Morphbug wrote:

There's this awesome new mode that allows you to play any song you want in any of your games.

It's called "turn down the music of the game and use your personal music device or computer to play music while you game".

But then I can't hear Jigglypuff getting beat up D:

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

IceClimbers

I think we can all agree Yoshi's Woolly World is a Spring release, most likely in March. Kirby will probably be a Spring release as well. Splatoon's devs said they are targeting a release in the first half of 2015, so most likely in May/June, though whether it will meet that target remains to be seen.

My release schedule guesses:

Hyrule Warriors - September 26th
Bayonetta 1+2 - October
Sonic Boom - November
Smash Bros - November
Captain Toad - December initially, delayed until February like Tropical Freeze
Yoshi's Woolly World - March
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - April
Splatoon - May
Devil's Third - June
SMT x FE - August
Xenoblade Chronicles X - September
Mario Party 10 - September
Star Fox - October
Zelda - November

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

The_Ninja

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I have no doubt the Wii U version will be the best version, as much as I like the 3DS version and the idea of a portable Smash. The Super Smash Bros. series has always been firmly a home console experience. I also feel when the Wii U version comes out, that will be played predominately more in tournaments and events than the 3DS version, though there should be Smash Bros. 3DS tournaments of course. The Wii U version will have a lot more stuff than the 3DS version, with possibly more stages, trophies, and other goodies. It will already have a superior soundtrack compared to the 3DS version, which has only two tracks for each stage compared to the Wii U version's massive My Music options returning from Brawl. And as others already pointed out, we don't know any exclusive modes for Smash Bros. Wii U so far because Sakurai is focusing on the version that is releasing first, as he should be. So far there's only amiibo support for the Wii U version.

After the Smash Bros. 3DS release, that's when I'll expect substantially more information coming out on what will make the Wii U version worth playing.

I don't think the 3DS version will ever be played or relevant on a competitive level which isn't a bad thing at all but it is definitely being geared more towards casual play.

It will def be played at a competitive level, not as much as the U version though. I think we'll get more online tournaments than locally though. There's even a whole campaign on Smashboards to start customizationable moveset tournaments for 3DS, also some people willing to stream the matches, if there's a spectate mode.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers Tropical Freeze was held back to fill a gap. With Woolly World there, it shouldn't be necessary. I see no reason not to release Captain Toad, when its ready, and honestly, it may be a huge misstep to release it so late. Aside from that. Mario Party 10 definitely should not be held back until September. Early Summer release, at the worst. Devil's Third was slated for 2014, as I recall, so why you think it'll be Fall of next year is beyond me. Xenoblade will come out before SMTxFE without a doubt. Xenoblade already has a full intro trailer and playable demo. I could see it launching in September or even later for the NA and PAL regions, but Japan will most likely get it sooner (because translation takes a while. Heck, considering the amount of dialogue, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if it didn't leave Japan until 2016. And don't say it's just translation. There's a LOT that goes into localizing a game. Translation is one problem, but integration is another entirely.)

I'm expecting another fairly dry Summer, but we'll worry about that when E3 2015 rolls around. If I'm right about MP10, I'll have plenty to do that Summer, anyways.

Eel

The_Ninja wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

There's this awesome new mode that allows you to play any song you want in any of your games.

It's called "turn down the music of the game and use your personal music device or computer to play music while you game".

But then I can't hear Jigglypuff getting beat up D:

There's probably an option to turn off the music only.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CeroKelvin

I'd imagine that Star Fox U would come out in 2016. Everything that has been said about it is that it is currently reusing assets and looks more like a game demo than an actual game, even Miyamoto said that they were still looking for a studio to make it. Captain Toad will come early or mid-November (to give space for other games while still being on-track for that Black Friday money) and Smash Bros 4 Wii U is probably late November. Mario Party 10 would release somewhere between January and February, since it looks quite barren there so putting it in would be a good idea.

I pretty much agree with what the IceClimbers said about the other games.

Since this is my first time posting in the forums, hello everyone!

CeroKelvin

UGXwolf

@GuardianKing That final panel reminds me of the quote from the end of KI:U

Palutena: It's true. Humans are greedy, selfish individuals. Almost as selfish as us Gods, wouldn't you say?
Pit: What? That's impossible! No one could be more selfish than the Gods!

MegaStoneSmash91

DestinyMan wrote:

@CeroKelvin: Hello!

This afternoon when I took a nap, I had a dream about Wario being announced in a Pic of a Day and I was scrolling through this thread reading people's reactions.

I would have a pleasant reaction, since I really want him to be announced already. I would also be saying: "It's about time". He isn't special enough to be hidden this long. He isn't a newcomer, a third party character, or anything like that. Perhaps they're changing him up like with Yoshi?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Inkling

I don't know how it could work, but Captain Toad for SSB4! If Sakurai can make the Wii Fit Trainer work, then he can make Captain Toad a fighter!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

MegaStoneSmash91

@Splatom I feel he is the most qualified Toad to make into a character, so if there was ever a playable Toad it had better be the Captain. He could have some exploration based moves with ropes, flashlights, and such. Most people feel there are already too many playable Mario characters, though. He would make a good Assist Trophy.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

Splatom wrote:

I don't know how it could work, but Captain Toad for SSB4! If Sakurai can make the Wii Fit Trainer work, then he can make Captain Toad a fighter!

I disagree with the majority of this statement. Make no mistake, if ever a Toad were to be playable, I'd want it to be the Captain, himself, but Wii Fit Trainer is by no means harder to implement than Captain Toad. Wii Fit Trainer is all about fitness so making her swift and strong is a no-brainer. (Have you noticed how her moves are practically lagless? Really awesome.)

The problem with Captain Toad is very, very simple. He can't jump. While this is most likely due to the bags, being unable to jump would give him a lot of trouble in a Platformer Fighting game, and removing the bags would either a) remove all of his cool gadgets or b) make him just a Toad with a flashlight on his head. With that said, Captain Toad is free game for an assist trophy. He doesn't need to be able to jump, and we've already seen at least two things he could do being throwing turnips and using that pickaxe. I'd love to see him as an assist trophy. At least for this time around.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I hope we get Mii based trophies of some important people to Nintendo like Sakurai, Iwata and Miyamoto with little mini biographies of them And the biggest titles they worked on that would be awesome
And as for captain toad I think he could work, I just wouldn't want to see him in this iteration of Smash too many Mario Reps but he could work just give HORRIBLE jumping abilities but make up for that by making him a really versatile character

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Inkling

@MegaStoneSmash91 He could be counted as his own series...

@UGXwolf If he can't jump, give him a jetpack or something!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Nintendo6400

I kinda hope we get moi based on a mage for dlc at a point.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

The_Ninja

Splatom wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91 He could be counted as his own series...

When has a Toad ever used a jetpack?
I don't think toad is worthy to be counted as his own franchise..

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Captain_Toad

The_Ninja wrote:

Splatom wrote:

When has a Toad ever used a jetpack?

Mario party 6

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic