Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,261 to 9,280 of 27,917

CapeSmash

I'm worried sick about the Wii U version. 3DS version has too much exclusive stuff. Maybe Sakurai is a 3DS fanboy, and wants the Wii U to fail. /sarcasm

Even if the 3DS version has more exclusive stuff, the Wii U version will still be the definitive version regardless.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Datasun_7

@sockomario I'm sure the Wii U version will have an exclusive mode of its own, if it doesn't I'll be disappointed but like you said it will still be the definitive version

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

The_Ninja

@SockoMario This is why Nintendo shouldn't give us good things.

I've been wanting a handheld smash since the GBA days, and so have many people. Yeah, it'd have 32 bit graphics, but who cares? Graphics don't make a game. It would've been so awesome. I've wanted one for DS too, since the DS had more buttons and more power. We got nothing, but some fans had made some ROMS that you could play on a emulator or flashcart. It wasn't very well made though, and nothing near a Smash game.
Now, the 3DS. I did not expect it to come on 3DS actually, but it DID. And I'm happy it did. We've been wanting a portable smash for more then 8 years! We finally got it! Good graphics, good stages and you can play smash EVERYWHERE! School breaks, on the train, while taking a dump, waiting for something. I was so happy when I saw it at E3! It looked better than the previous games!

Then, suddenly something breaks my heart. People are saying it's bad! People are saying its inferior to the Wii U version! What the hell? I have seen alot of bull on the internet, but this is a total new level. My provider actually called me, saying there was too much bullsh** coming to my modem, because of this. I had to get a new one. I wish I could also get a new internet, because I'm hating this one due to these haters. I'm pissed off now.

I don't wanna buy a Wii U yet, and I can still play Smash. That's just one of the things I love about the version. I can list so many? Should I? No. Because the haters won't stop bashing this version, no matter what you do, and it makes me sick.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MrWalkieTalkie

The Wii U will very likely have as much exclusive content as the 3DS version. Sakurai is probably only focusing on the 3DS exclusives because its coming out sooner. When you think about it, there really isn't a lot we know about the Wii U version outside of the characters and stages.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Nintendo6400

Ya we relatively no nothing about the wii u version. That's why I think k were going to get another smash direct mid August.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

JunkosBoobies

The_Ninja wrote:

I've been wanting a handheld smash since the GBA days, and so have many people. Yeah, it'd have 32 bit graphics, but who cares? Graphics don't make a game. It would've been so awesome. I've wanted one for DS too, since the DS had more buttons and more power. We got nothing, but some fans had made some ROMS that you could play on a emulator or flashcart. It wasn't very well made though, and nothing near a Smash game.
Now, the 3DS. I did not expect it to come on 3DS actually, but it DID. And I'm happy it did. We've been wanting a portable smash for more then 8 years! We finally got it! Good graphics, good stages and you can play smash EVERYWHERE! School breaks, on the train, while taking a dump, waiting for something. I was so happy when I saw it at E3! It looked better than the previous games!

Then, suddenly something breaks my heart. People are saying it's bad! People are saying its inferior to the Wii U version! What the hell? I have seen alot of bull on the internet, but this is a total new level. My provider actually called me, saying there was too much bullsh** coming to my modem, because of this. I had to get a new one. I wish I could also get a new internet, because I'm hating this one due to these haters. I'm pissed off now.

I don't wanna buy a Wii U yet, and I can still play Smash. That's just one of the things I love about the version. I can list so many? Should I? No. Because the haters won't stop bashing this version, no matter what you do, and it makes me sick.

Untitled

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Randomname19

I actually like the 3DS version (aside from Smash Run) but i'm not getting it because i don't like playing on the go.The only handeld i ever owned was the original Nintendo DS.I bought it because i didn't like Gamecube games so i used the DS at home.Then Wii came out with games that i liked and i went back to home consoles.Now i use Wii U as an hybrid.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Nintendo6400

Agreed. Although I'm on the peak of my thrill with smash run. I am super excited for that!

Dark-Luigi

I kinda like the Wii U version a bit better. Obviously, not saying the 3DS version is bad, far from it. I just think it looks cooler and awesomeness is all. But whatever, I'm still buying both versions.

Sad that your opponents won't clap when they loose, but boo hoo.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Nintendo6400

Morphbug wrote:

I'm pretty sure I saw the losers clapping several times in various gameplay videos.

He means the 3ds version. Which could still happen.

Azooooz

Smash Quiz: Little Mac weight is 107Ibs. (about 50Kg), can you guess which Pokémon shares the same number?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Nintendo6400

Hitmanchan.

CapeSmash

The_Ninja wrote:

Holy crap calm down! Why are you calling me a hater? I'm not a hater. I'm getting both version, and I'm looking forward to playing both. Also, the 3DS version will be the best selling version of out of the 2 (especially in Japan), so no need to get all upset. Also, the 3DS version is the inferior version. Can you play it on a TV? No. Can you play it with an ACTUAL control? Nope.

Smash Mains:

Azooooz

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Hitmanchan.

Correct! Hitmonchan's Pokedex in Kanto region is no. 107, and it shares the same attributes as Little Mac.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

ZurrrrBlattTron

I don't think regardless of what happens, neither version will be a 'best' version I think both will be able to stand on their own feet. the 3DS version will hit home with not only people who can't afford a Wii U (or just don't want it) but the handheld market in general! and it seems like the 3DS will have slightly more unique features and details to adapt to the handheld market. on the other hand the Wii U version will hit home with older players and the competitive scene, it'll be in HD so it'll be very pretty. And it'll have it's own game mode(s) to set it apart but it obviously won't have the features that can only be done on he handled version like smash run or details like what we've seen with the pacman stage. So it really just boils down to whether you prefer a more personalized, on the go experience or whether you want the core Smash Bros in HD experience or both . like most people here I'm getting both versions but I think I'll lean towards the 3DS version a little more mainly cause I'm more of a handheld gamer and playing Smash while walking my dog was always something I wanted to do haha

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

neohopeSTF

SockoMario wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Holy crap calm down! Why are you calling me a hater? I'm not a hater. I'm getting both version, and I'm looking forward to playing both. Also, the 3DS version will be the best selling version of out of the 2 (especially in Japan), so no need to get all upset. Also, the 3DS version is the inferior version. Can you play it on a TV? No. Can you play it with an ACTUAL control? Nope.

Playing it on a TV is completely subjective and not about the actual quality of the game, lol. Also just because you have a gamecube controller doesn't make the 3DS version inferior >_>

3DS FC:0387-9413-6993

CapeSmash

neohopeSTF wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Playing it on a TV is completely subjective and not about the actual quality of the game, lol. Also just because you have a gamecube controller doesn't make the 3DS version inferior >_>

So you're saying that playing on a small screen with a small rectangular and small buttons is the best version? Also, when did I ever say "Gamecube controller" in my comment? I haven't played Smash with a GC controller in a long time So yeah. Nice try.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Why do people in the "3DS Master Race" think the 3DS is the only good system and all other consoles suck? Well, most people I've seen in that "master race" think so. Because of them, I'm no longer be supporting the 3DS, and Smash will be the last game I'll be getting for it. I'm sure most both Smash games are going to be amazing, but there's no denying that the Wii U version will be the definitive version... in terms of gameplay, at the moment.

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic