Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,201 to 9,220 of 27,917

2Sang

I just realized how needy I am as a smash fan because I feel bored as far as characters go already even though e3 just occured less athn a month ago. Sakurai probably has the hardest job in the gaming business right now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

doomgc

Recently I started playing Brawl again 'cause of the hype the new smash is doing in me, and my first thought was : It's awfull. Let me explain.

1st thing first : the tripping. don't need to say anything else. Lose a sudden death because my character tripped....I mean. it's not my skills. I didn't fall because of my inability to play the game. At least with level hazard you can actually dodge things. but the trip is just. well if someone here know how not to trip please explain it to me. I'm open to anything lol.

2nd ; I foud myself hating most of the levels. I don,t know if it's 'cause of the new smash we are being blown by every nintendo news website of just because I've grown up in my playstyle but I just feel like the level are missing something. something we had in melee and the first smash. of course some new stage are interesting. but in the end. who really plays on the elektroplancton stage or pikmin stage. it's fun when you didn't played it in a long time but 2 times in a row you actually wanna destroy this place.

3rd : the roaster. I just think some character should not have made the cut because...I don't like the idea of putting a character just for this one to be in the game. if you can't make it as good as the other well it doesn't belong there. I also know that each one took time and have been long thought before putting them in the game but still, in the final product, ganondorf can't win against yoshi, in exemple, with 2 people on the same skill-level playing it.

I'm reading this and realise that it's just opinion. How i'm want to play this game is clearly not how brawl works. and it may be fine for others. I've got huge expectation in smash 4 and just hope I'll get a blast playing it. I'm not an active forum user, I usually jsut read what people think and reflect about it. but this game makes me wanna say out loud what I like and not about it. and I love the community formed around this whole fusion in nintendo worlds.

doomgc --> "The right thing... what is it? I wonder, if you do the right thing, does it really make everyone happy?"
Child on the Moon - Majora's Mask

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3935-8227 | Nintendo Network ID: doomgc | Twitter:

Nintendo6400

Honestly, I hope Snake doesn't return. He was out of place and we have the best possible 3rd party cast. In my opinon.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Honestly, I hope Snake doesn't return. He was out of place and we have the best possible 3rd party cast. In my opinon.

I'm biased, because my really good friend and i used to play Brawl a lot, and he only played as Snake. I main Zelda, with Lucas and G&W as my alternates. I destroyed him every time, but we had a blast. I have to admit though, as good as those times were, I'd rather snake go than any of my characters.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Eel

I have a friend who is a hardcore Wolf user (that means he uses Wolf 99% of the time). We like to tease him by saying Wolf will not come back.

It's always funny.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

@doomgc I've found that the less you try to play Brawl the way you would Melee, the less you seem to trip, but even as a full Brawl player who honestly prefers Brawl to both Melee and Project M, I can't even justify tripping. Literally everyone thinks its a dumb mechanic, as it hurts all players, not even just the ones that are at an advantage to begin with. It doesn't give the little guy a chance or even help balance the game, it just gives someone a free shot at random.

There are very few levels in Brawl that I hate. I honestly felt Melee and Smash 64 had the more bland stages, but I still can't get over how unfair Mario Bros, 75M, Flat Zone, and Summit can be. Pretty much everything else feels right to me, though I'd never suggest Rumble Falls for a tournament.

As for the roster, balance is all well and good, when you're dealing with only 12 or even 26 characters, of which many seem to almost be perfect clones, but 39 unique characters with almost as many unique playstyles with only one man working on the balancing is tough. That's why Tekken Tag Team is helping with the balancing in this game, considering the roster is looking to be around 50 slots.

All of that said, I don't feel like any of these are really a reason to hate the game in its entirety, for with every single thing it did wrong, there were so many more things it did right. Honestly, my biggest gripe with the game was that unlocking the roster feels unrewarding, no matter how you go about it. But the sheer size of unlockable content in the game more than make up for that. All of that music and all of those stages. The characters and costumes and trophies and more. Even the special Brawl mode can brighten my mood, most of the time. There's very little I don't enjoy doing in this game, and it honestly kinda saddens me that people let "it's not the same as Melee" get in the way of enjoying the game, but I suppose I can only hope for so much. It's not like you can change your preferences just because you want to. It's what you find fun, and apparently, you don't find Brawl fun. shrug I'm pretty happy to see that Smash 4 is going for a "best of both worlds/happy medium" kinda thing, so maybe the Smash fanbase can stop being split into the "nothing will ever beat Melee" and "Brawl is more fun" factions. Those guys will sound silly to us while we play the game that tried its best to bridge the gap.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Skyfox2000 wrote:

Hey Guys over at Smashboards we are going to do a movement by getting some characters included in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as potential DLC these Characters include Solid Snake, Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, King K Rool, Ridley and Krystal. Come join Smashboards we need your help. Thanks.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/the-super-smash-bros-wii...

It's painfully early to be starting a movement like this, don't you think? Lucas, K. Rool, and Krystal all have a very real chance of making it into the game proper. Beyond that, Snake may be the third most likely cut, but he's not deconfirmed, yet. Just unlikely. (Remember, Hideki Kamiya is the king of trolls and good pals with Sakurai. Just because he said he didn't know whether Snake was in the game doesn't mean Snake isn't in the game.) Don't forget that Ridley still has an existent chance, right next to Mewtwo and Roy. I don't think any of them will make it, but Sakurai made a very bold tease during the Direct with Ridley, and I'd be rather shocked if he didn't follow through in some way or another. (And don't say Sakurai doesn't know what we want. He's proven time and time again that his team is listening to us. Just because he ignored some requests doesn't mean he's not listening.) I just think it's silly to ask for all these characters as DLC when there's still at least a good chance that some of them will be in the main game, anyways.

Tsuchinoko

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't care what anyone says; I really want Snake to return. I'm very biased, yes, since I absolutely love the MGS series but even then Snake being so out of place only added to the quirkiness that Smash is already filled of.

With the Fire Emblem and Zelda characters, and especially with Samus and Zero Suit, I didnt feel he was super out of place.

MegaStoneSmash91

Nice. Trophies of all the Mega Men? Yes please! I had a feeling this would happen, as it just seemed so right to do.

With Sakurai's cut-off in his comment on the first image, I wonder how many people thought he was revealing them as alternate costumes?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

Sakurai really knows the meaning of fan service, maybe more than the companies that made these characters.

Edit! That's not to say he isn't a troll, but he still delivers.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Kewlan

GRAH! Sakurai! You're ripping my heart out!
But seriously though, there's all of these teases over and over again... think they'll be actual costumes too? Maybe he'll reveal it in an upcoming Direct to hype us up, you know?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

GRAH! Sakurai! You're ripping my heart out!
But seriously though, there's all of these teases over and over again... think they'll be actual costumes too? Maybe he'll reveal it in an upcoming Direct to hype us up, you know?

At this point, there's really no telling.

Jazzer94

Well Sakurai clearly has a lot of sense not wasting something so glorious.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ZurrrrBlattTron

Todays post had me dying of laughter xD at first I was like "Eh... EH....detailed models what is he using them for!?" Scrolls down
"Oh trophies" bursts out of laughter

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Skyfox2000

Nintendo6400 wrote:

If it wouldn't for Snake they would be no such thing as "Third Party" to Smash!

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

Shirma_Akayaku

This would be Rosalina's alt:
The Cosmic Spirit A.K.A Cosmolina
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MrWalkieTalkie

While I certainly hope the other Mega Mans will become alternate costumes, I sorta have my doubts because they're all taller than the normal Mega Man. The alternates work for the Wii Fit Trainers and the Villagers because they're all the exact same height so they all have the exact same hitboxes and so nothing has changed between them strategy-wise, but since the other Mega Mans are taller wouldn't that mean they need different hitboxes?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic