Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,061 to 9,080 of 27,917

Derpscout

They probably changing his moveset since he wasn't good in brawl.But If it is a veteran,I hope it's Dr.Mario or Roy.And if it is a newcomer,I hope it's Simon Belmont.

Pootis.

KO-Cub

Marshal from Rhythm Heaven bro. This thread is already rooting for it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

2Sang

MetalK9 wrote:

Marshal from Rhythm Heaven bro. This thread is already rooting for it.

I'm ok with this. I might even play marshal a lot. I also hope the wii u makes a rhythm heaven game

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Eel

Or maybe they simply decided yo fill up that one extra space in the flyer with a ??? icon because it is pretty obvious that that's not the full final roster and leaving it completely empty would be odd.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nintendo6400

what time is that thing in Japan tomorrow?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

Hey Sakurai posted this on the Japanese version of the smash miiverse.

So I guess we are getting a character tomorrow.

OdnetninAges

DestinyMan wrote:

Thinking of veterans, I want to see Wario confirmed already. I know he's already implied because of Ashley and Waluigi, but still. I'm surprised it's taking them this long.

This.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

KO-Cub

Derpscout wrote:

They probably changing his moveset since he wasn't good in brawl.But If it is a veteran,I hope it's Dr.Mario or Roy.And if it is a newcomer,I hope it's Simon Belmont.

I can only imagine the Crashervania song playing as the theme.
Now I've got Starbomb songs stuck in my head.
Tis I! Never fear Simon Belmont is here to destroy evil monsters and all you hold dear!
I will end your cruel necromancing- Uhhh... Damn.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Kewlan

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Would be nice if Phoenix Wright made an appearance in the game, like in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

OBJECTION! You are totally right!
-
I hope they reveal Marshall! I'm all for a rhythm character!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

This event isn't being streamed, it's not like E3 actually. Just Smashfest for Japan. I'm really doubting a newcomer. A veteran could be playable there though, but it's unlikely. But on the other hand, we still have 2-3 dry months. I doubt they'll reveal a newcomer in a POTD, veterans are possible.
Speaking of veterans, Ganondorf could be revealed August 14, when Hyrule Warriors is out in Japan.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

As far as I remember, he wasn't an unlockable in Brawl. It's weird that he isn't revealed. But hey, it took around a year for Ike to get revealed..

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

What changes to Wario would justify him being revealed so late? I honestly don't think he would need that many.

@The_Ninja: Ganondorf on the Japanese release of Hyrule Warriors sounds like a solid prediction. He is in that game after all. It's also on a Thursday, and veterans have mainly been revealed on Thursdays and Fridays before.

I liked his moveset. If they do change anything, I hope its not his motorcycle. I loved that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NinjaWaddleDee

So who exactly are we missing then? Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Wario? I'm not counting characters that weren't in brawl, like the melee clones. I don't think Lucas, Snake, or Wolf are coming back. I'd like at least these four characters to return, because they seem essential. Wario needs to come back because he was a big part of brawl, and the other 3 need to come back because they are part of the smash bros. original cast, even though I'm not really a fan of Jigglypuff.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CaviarMeths

I don't know why Lucas wouldn't return. He's more popular than Ness in Japan and Mother is iconic enough to deserve two reps.

Falcon is definitely returning.

I couldn't care less about Wario though. Or Jigglypuff for that matter. He hasn't even been a popular 'mon since Gen I, and even then he was only popular because he was cute.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tsuchinoko

I personally don't think they should cut any first party characters, and if they do those characters should be in the first round of DLC.

KO-Cub

CaviarMeths wrote:

I don't know why Lucas wouldn't return. He's more popular than Ness in Japan and Mother is iconic enough to deserve two reps.

Falcon is definitely returning.

I couldn't care less about Wario though. Or Jigglypuff for that matter. He hasn't even been a popular 'mon since Gen I, and even then he was only popular because he was cute.

I heard Jiggly was chosen becuase SHE was Japans second fav mon back then.

Nintendo6400

I don't think we're getting a character today. I believe it's already the 30th in Japan. Plus I read somewhere that the question mark just meant there are more characters to come.

On a side note I believe that Wario, Ganondorf, G&W, falcon, ness, and Wolf are a given. Yes I do think Wolf will return. He was more unique then Falco and he's a villain character which the game needs more of.

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

Actually, there's not anything I would change about Wario, except for his very strange walk. Seriously, is his stiff walking supposed to be a reference to something?

Also, does anyone think we'll see something leaked about that secret character today? It's the 29th.

Are you kidding? I love his walk. It cracks me up! Hilarious!

MrWalkieTalkie

So this was an interesting idea I read somewhere: How about instead of a story mode with cinematic cutscenes like everyone seems to want, they make a small cutscene video for each character at the end of their Classic Mode or Adventure Mode? Similar to Tekken, whenever you complete a character in Arcade Mode, you watch a small movie of them, not necessarily building up to some huge story or plot, but just a fun video of them doing something.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic