Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,021 to 9,040 of 27,917

Jazzer94

Seems I'll be using both the Mii I made of myself when I was 12 and my Mii now because I'm not sure which will play better.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

2Sang

SCAR392 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Here's my question.... how will the Wii U version maintain hype after the 3DS version comes out? The 3DS version is gonna reveal the complete list of characters and already has an impressive amount of fun modes. Just what can the Wii U version bring to the table to get good sales?

I'm MOST likely getting both versions of this game by the way.

Simple. HD, different/better grapics, different stages/music, the GamePad(which will probably have a special mode), different controller options, couch multiplayer, bigger screen, surround sound...

Everybody who even knows about this game should have at least some idea about the Wii U version being a bit different, whether it be the presentation or game modes. Both versions are worth getting for anyone who actually cares. I know I saw some 3DS owners saying there's no point in owning both, so they either don't understand the substantial differences, or are trying to cope with not having a Wii U(if I can't have it, then I don't care, but if they could have it, they wouldn't be underminding).

If you like Smash Bros, both are worthwhile. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and RE: Revelations were on both, but there wasn't much of a difference, so it was only worth buying 1 of the versions, unless you really cared about portability. In this case, they both give a substantial difference, besides just being the portable or home version of the game.

Having different/better graphics won't convince people to buy a wii u. However, as someone said earlier we know very little about the wii u version at the moment, so there's probably something sakurai is still hiding which will differentiate the 2 versions.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

2Sang wrote:

Having different/better graphics won't convince people to buy a wii u.

It's sure as hell convincing them to buy a PS4.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

@2Sang
There are a ton of other reasons, beside that, but ok.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Shirma_Akayaku

So has anyone seen Sakurai's Japanese account post? This only applies to Japan only though. It's an event to play games and such.
Untitled

"ところで! 6月28日(土)、29日(日)次世代ワールドホビーフェア'14において、『スマブラ』が日本国内初出展されますよ。 くわしくは、こちら↓ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/whf2014summer/index.html"

Very Rough Translation:
"By the way 28! June (Saturday) and (Sunday) Next Generation World Hobby Fair '14, will be Japan's first exhibit is "Smash Bros." on the 29th. For details, click here ↓ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/whf2014summer/index.html"

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

NinjaWaddleDee

If they're doing DLC, I'd like it as sort of a yearly thing. Just as a way to extend the game's life. Even though it will be a long life anyway lol.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Also I love how the WiiU and 3ds boxart is different. The emphasis on differences between these two games is a good thing.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

2Sang

CaviarMeths wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Having different/better graphics won't convince people to buy a wii u.

It's sure as hell convincing them to buy a PS4.

Lol but no. The Sonybros and Xboxers both automatically buy the new system to play call of duty and other fps games, Nintendo doesn't have that audience because their business model is to be different. By definition, the business model of nintendo is not fitting the new smash bros so far. As I said earlier, I'm almost certain that Sakurai has something secret about the wii u version, but right now SSB4 Wii U will not move a ton of units and wii u won't break 20 million units this gen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Datasun_7

Out of curiosity, I know rhythm heaven enemies were found in smash run, but were any xenoblade enemies found as well?

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Kewlan

Datasun_7 wrote:

Out of curiosity, I know rhythm heaven enemies were found in smash run, but were any xenoblade enemies found as well?

OH SNAP! SHULK DECONFIRMD! OUCH!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

MrWalkieTalkie

So Nintendo suddenly posted this on their facebook:

Untitled
"Awesome robots never go out of style , right R.O.B.?

And so now everyone is saying R.O.B. is confirmed for Smash. XD

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DreamyViridi

Heh, well I'm all for R.O.B. returning but let's save the "R.O.B. 4 SMASH!!1!!1" comments for until he's actually confirmed on the Smash Bros. site. ^^"

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

The_Ninja

You know what I love? That Sakurai is doing his best at making both games look good.
First, the 3DS version. The 3DS isn't super powerful, yet sakurai made Smash Bros look better than the previous games on it. It's so detailed for a 3DS game, has fun modes, and we finally got our handheld smash. It looks so awesome that I can't wait until October 3, when I get this game in the mail to see how good it looks in real life. Only a couple of AT and Pokeballz run at 30FPS, most run at 60FPS. Now other games on 3DS that run on 60fps look good but none is as chaotic as SSB. I love this version so much even tho it isnt released yet.

The Wii U version. Our first HD system for smash. It looks very cool and I like it. Technically speaking, we don't know ANYTHING about it.
Every POTD about this version shares info about the 3DS one too. But we ALL know that it's going to be a great game, IMO the best game for the Wii U....until Zelda U comes out.. :3 Anyways, it's a must get for the Wii U.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

I think 3DS and Wii U should have a AR stage builder. You take a picture or import one, you draw lines to set what is ground and what is not, import music from SD card. what also would be awesome is to import a picture from any game, and then make a stage out of it.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Derpscout

Does anybody think Master pieces will return to SSB4?If they return,Nintendo should make them full versions.

Pootis.

MegaStoneSmash91

The purpose of the Masterpieces was to sample character origins and background information. Considering that Brawl was made with new players in mind, it made sense to include such material for those players who knew little about the characters. Whether it would still be a good idea to include them in the new games is anyone's guess. I'd welcome it, and I'd love to see a Masterpiece of Mega Man 2 thrown in.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Derpscout

Yeah,Since 3rd party character like Sonic and Mega Man are in the game....There probably gonna have at least 5 master Pieces.So,here my predictions for 3rd party master Pieces. Mega Man: Mega Man 1,2,3,4,and Mega Man 64.Sonic: Sonic 1,2,3(With knuckles available.),Sonic Cd,Sonic adventure 1 or 2.Pacman: unsure,since his specials are mostly classic namco games like Galga.For now,Pacman and Ms. Pacman.

Pootis.

KO-Cub

Derpscout wrote:

Yeah,Since 3rd party character like Sonic and Mega Man are in the game....There probably gonna have at least 5 master Pieces.So,here my predictions for 3rd party master Pieces. Mega Man: Mega Man 1,2,3,4,and Mega Man 64.Sonic: Sonic 1,2,3(With knuckles available.),Sonic Cd,Sonic adventure 1 or 2.Pacman: unsure,since his specials are mostly classic namco games like Galga.For now,Pacman and Ms. Pacman.

Thats alot of masterpieces to ask for. Remember that Brawl had no 3rd party masters for Sonic nor Snake. Megaman 1 seems somewhat likely but you'ed probably get to play 1 stage from that game for 3 minutes and cause its only a trial, it would probably be programmed too play the same stage over and over. And it's not hard to put the pacman game from the arcades on a console. You'ed probably run out of lives before you even run out of time. =P

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Derpscout

I know.I was saying IF Master Pieces was in SSB4.As a FULL VERSION.

Pootis.

CaviarMeths

They have full versions of Master Pieces. It's called Virtual Console.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic