Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 901 to 920 of 27,917

FireMario887

Even though the game has already been announced, I have another character suggestion. Protagonist of X.

FireMario887

shingi_70

probably be Shulk from Xenoblade.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FireMario887

Sony_70 wrote:

probably be Shulk from Xenoblade.

That wouldn't be bad either.

FireMario887

CowLaunch

I have noticed the following stages so far, perhaps someone could identify some of them:

W Castle (?)
3 Platforms, pretty background- Generic Stage?
Boxing Ring
Smashville
Castle Realm (Zelda?)
Dark, Ruins, Dystopian (?)
Battlefield? Trees etc.
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Tracks
Wooden Spike Arena (?)
Mario (3DLand?)
Nintendogs
Foliage (DK?)
Skyward Sword Village
Paultena's Temple
Bridge and Trees (?)

CowLaunch

Captain_Toad

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I hope that yellow devil at the end was just for kicks. If there's another attempt at a story mode and he's a boss! >:[

Hmm, a stage hazard perhaps?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

supered91

GUYS LUIGI WILL BE IN SSB4

supered91

SubBronze

I think its pretty obvious Luigi will be in SSB4, hopefully with a new moveset focusing on the Poltergust.

mariobro4 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I hope that yellow devil at the end was just for kicks. If there's another attempt at a story mode and he's a boss! >:[

Hmm, a stage hazard perhaps?

I'm thinking he'll be an Adventure Mode boss.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

CowLaunch

Luigi is always an unlockable.

CowLaunch

Whopper744

I am personally hoping for some sort of Adventure mode like the Subspace in Brawl. I enjoyed it for the most part. I'm thinking some characters should have some small speaking parts though this time. Was a little bit awkward when Snake or Fox seemed like they needed to talk but couldn't get the words out.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Orngeblu

Joshers744 wrote:

I am personally hoping for some sort of Adventure mode like the Subspace in Brawl. I enjoyed it for the most part. I'm thinking some characters should have some small speaking parts though this time. Was a little bit awkward when Snake or Fox seemed like they needed to talk but couldn't get the words out.

Well, I don't know about another Subspace-like story mode. It will probably happen. Though wouldn't it be awkward seeing the Wii Fit Trainer or Villager...I mean, I feel like it'll kill the feel. Subspace Emissary felt pretty awesome, if I remember correctly, lol. Doesn't make sense. That's also what I am worried about. Then again, in Melee, was Game & Watch a "wtf" character at first? But, I guess I never really got to feel that way because I was so young and wasn't so attached to Smash like I am. Was ROB a "wtf" character in Brawl as well? I've never gotten to see other peoples reaction to it, so I wouldn't know. :/ I didn't really care. I was young back then too and I just thought: "OH MY GOD, A NEW SMASH, GOTTA HAVE!!" I never really got to see him as a newcomer until I unlocked him. I was definitely psyched for Sonic, though. Didn't know who the hell Snake was, but I guess I thought he was a cool addition. He fits smash just fine.

To me Game & Watch and ROB were not wtf characters, but maybe I didn't really care back then. Now I do, though. I guess I'm used to those characters now. (As everyone else). So, maybe we just have to get used to it.

Though, from what you see from the trailer, you see a ruins-like stage or level. Looks like we may be getting a story mode. I wonder who the antagonist will be this time, if not Tabuu.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Whopper744

Orngeblu wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

Well, I don't know about another Subspace-like story mode. It will probably happen. Though wouldn't it be awkward seeing the Wii Fit Trainer or Villager...I mean, I feel like it'll kill the feel. Subspace Emissary felt pretty awesome, if I remember correctly, lol. Doesn't make sense. That's also what I am worried about. Then again, in Melee, apparently that was a "wtf" character at first? But, I guess I never really got to feel that way because I was so young and wasn't so attached to Smash like I am. Apparently ROB was a "wtf" character in Brawl as well? I've never gotten to see other peoples reaction to it, so I wouldn't know. :/ I didn't really care. I was young back then too and I just thought: "OH MY GOD, A NEW SMASH, GOTTA HAVE!!" I never really got to see him as a newcomer until I unlocked him. I was definitely psyched for Sonic, though. Didn't know who the hell Snake was, but I guess I thought he was a cool addition. He fits smash just fine.

Though, from what you see from the trailer, you see a ruins-like stage or level. Looks like we may be getting a story mode. I wonder who the antagonist will be this time, if not Tabuu.

I really liked Tabuu, He kind of felt like the bad guys of bad guys. No real emotion, and nothing to stop him except for just about every Nintendo hero available. Even Ganondorf himself had trouble against him, not to mention the Master Hand's trouble with him as well (being his puppet). Still, i feel like just a little something was missing from him. Not really sure what it was.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Ketchupcat

This probably won't happen, but it would be really epic: Instead of one big adventure mode, each character has a unique story mode based on their series? Mega Man, for example, could fight Robot Masters, leading up to Yellow Devil (as seen in the trailer) and then Dr. Wily. And maybe, after you beat each one, you can replay it with any character!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Orngeblu

Joshers744 wrote:

I really liked Tabuu, He kind of felt like the bad guys of bad guys. No real emotion, and nothing to stop him except for just about every Nintendo hero available. Even Ganondorf himself had trouble against him, not to mention the Master Hand's trouble with him as well (being his puppet). Still, i feel like just a little something was missing from him. Not really sure what it was.

>:C That moment I edit my post, and someone posts AGAIN really quickly! Jeez this place is SUPER active.

Anyways... Yeah, you're right there, he was the 'bad guy of bad guys'. I don't really feel anything was missing. I'm not sure what you're thinking. If we were to get a new antagonist, I really wonder what it'd be. I wouldn't mind Tabuu again, I guess.

I wonder who Lucario will be replaced with if he does get cut. People say it could be Zoroark, but please no...I don't want Zoroark. He's nowhere near the character Lucario or Mewtwo is. When I say character, I mean their personalities. Heck, they even talk. I don't know if Zoroark talks, actually. I'd much rather have the comeback of Lucario than Mewtwo, though. That's just my preference anyways.

Musterd wrote:

This probably won't happen, but it would be really epic: Instead of one big adventure mode, each character has a unique story mode based on their series? Mega Man, for example, could fight Robot Masters, leading up to Yellow Devil (as seen in the trailer) and then Dr. Wily. And maybe, after you beat each one, you can replay it with any character!

I'd rather have a story involving all the characters.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

zoroarkrules25

Orngeblu wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

>:C That moment I edit my post, and someone posts AGAIN really quickly! Jeez this place is SUPER active.

Anyways... Yeah, you're right there, he was the 'bad guy of bad guys'. I don't really feel anything was missing. I'm not sure what you're thinking. If we were to get a new antagonist, I really wonder what it'd be. I wouldn't mind Tabuu again, I guess.

I wonder who Lucario will be replaced with if he does get cut. People say it could be Zoroark, but please no...I don't want Zoroark. He's nowhere near the character Lucario or Mewtwo is. When I say character, I mean their personalities. Heck, they even talk. I don't know if Zoroark talks, actually. I'd much rather have the comeback of Lucario than Mewtwo, though. That's just my preference anyways.

Musterd wrote:

I'd rather have a story involving all the characters.

Agreed, i wonder if the wii fit trainer is in the story.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

To be fair, not all of the characters have to fit in the story. Besides; everyone can have their roles. Don't judge a book by its cover remember.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

supered91

or maybe seperate storylines one with all ze characters and one where all the characters have their own storylines

supered91

SubBronze

I think Mewtwo will return, due to his new form giving him an obvious Final Smash. We'll probably see some Gen 6 Pokemon we don't know about yet as a second Pokemon. I want Lucario to stay, but if he doesn't make it its not too bad.

Just PLEASE cut Jigglypuff, no one cares about her anymore...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Orngeblu

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Agreed, i wonder if the wii fit trainer is in the story.

Obviously she well.

<3 Smash Bros.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic