Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,941 to 8,960 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf Can't it be a little of both? It's not as simple as a palette swap, nor is it as different as an alternate costume. Seems like the thing to do would be to call it an "alternate palette swap". It really is a mid-ground kind of thing, and that's not bad. Though it would have been nice if the model of his clothing changed too, I'm not complaining. I love seeing what kinds of new palette swaps/costumes the characters have. Outset Toon Link would be great, and so would the frequently mentioned Dr. Mario costume. Every character should have something like this.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Budda

Nice!!!
I hope we get the Outset Island costume for Toon Link as well. x3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Kewlan

I'm really disappointed that it's just a palette swap and not the whole costume...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Jazzer94

It's an alt costume guys and it looks fine to me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Randomname19

I'm surprised anybody hasn't noticed that in Sonic & All Stars racing transformed Sonic's new voice actor says the lines of the previous one from Brawl(for example "we should do this again,sometimes").I think that He recorded the lines for S&ASRT and Smash Bros. at the same time.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

NinjaWaddleDee

I actually wanted Hades in the game more than Palutena even, just to give more villian representation, but also because Hades is freaking hilarious in KI:U.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Also, did anyone notice that Dark PIt is not only in the Palutena trailer, but also on the Palutena poster on the official site? You can see a shadow of Dark Pit on the top right I believe. Game Explain analyzed it. I think that Dark PIt will either be a totally new character, like Dr. Mario. OR he could be an enhanced alternate costume for Pit with a new voice over.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Tsuchinoko

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Also, did anyone notice that Dark PIt is not only in the Palutena trailer, but also on the Palutena poster on the official site? You can see a shadow of Dark Pit on the top right I believe. Game Explain analyzed it. I think that Dark PIt will either be a totally new character, like Dr. Mario. OR he could be an enhanced alternate costume for Pit with a new voice over.

Well the poster is basically referring to the trailer so I wouldn't take them as separate evidence.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Kewlan

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I actually wanted Hades in the game more than Palutena even, just to give more villian representation, but also because Hades is freaking hilarious in KI:U.

BUT HE'S TOO BIG! Or is he?
Anyway, previously the problem was not enough women, now it's not enough villains. I APPROVE!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

2Sang

Randomname19 wrote:

Way better than Dark Link's costume in Brawl.

lolno. Dark link and dark toon link were some of the coolest costumes in the series.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

Too bad it's just a ''alternate pallete swap'' was really hoping for a real alt costume. Still great tho, but I hope Toon Link outset clotching (excpecting he'll get those) will be an alt costume, not a pallete swap.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

Too bad it's just a ''alternate pallete swap'' was really hoping for a real alt costume. Still great tho, but I hope Toon Link outset clotching (excpecting he'll get those) will be an alt costume, not a pallete swap.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Arminillo

I bet pit and palutena do snake codec convos on the kid icarus stage(s)

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Nintendo6400

Suicune wrote:

I bet pit and palutena do snake codec convos on the kid icarus stage(s)

I think Little Mac and Doc Louis would work out well.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Shirma_Akayaku

Amiibo figures can now be pre-ordered on ShopTo. Each costs £12.85, though Nintendo hasn’t officially confirmed pricing. Mario, Link, and Samus are among the figures that can be pre-ordered thus far.

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/shopto-goes-live-with-amiibo-pr...

Preorder here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843782

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

CaviarMeths

shingi_70 wrote:

So can anyone explain to me how competitive smash actually works. I mean I understand the mechanics of Tradtional games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct work. But I really don't get Smash works. There's no comboing system that I can tell of and there isn't a health bar system as well.

Not sure how much basic knowledge you have of the series, but I'll answer this as if you've never played before.

You lose by getting knocked out of the stage.

Every player has a percentage bar that goes up when you get hit. The higher the percentage is, the "lighter" your character becomes. Lighter means that you fly further and higher when you're hit. Naturally, heavier characters like Bowser and Donkey Kong have a natural weight advantage over characters like Pikachu and Kirby. When your damage percentage is super high, like 300%, even naturally heavy characters will get sent flying quite easily.

Every edge of the stage is a boundary. You can die by falling off, by being sent flying to the left or right, or being knocked straight up off the screen.

Actual competitive strategy is way too much to really explain and it would be easier to look up YouTube vids.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shirma_Akayaku

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Rosalina Why would you link the neogaf thread instead of the actual website.
Link to website: http://www.shopto.net/search/?platform=&newsearch=amiibo

Oops! I wasn't paying attention there. Sorry, I'm really exhausted from yesterday.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic