Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,621 to 8,640 of 27,917

KO-Cub

I thought Sega should of had another rep and I was thinking Amy cuase I want a faster King Dedede. But then Pacman got announced and I'm sold. I kinda like the idea of 1 Capcom, Sega and Namco character each.
But...
If where going to put up the topic of what rep we want. I would love it if Ephraim was a playable character. To many sword or hacking and slashing characters and now it's becoming mainstream. Even my favourate Ike.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

mystman12

Aww man! I'm too late! I was gonna use this .gif!
Untitled
I'VE BEEN DYING TO USE IT!!!

Anyways, like I said before, Shadow makes absolutely no sense as a new character since he'd just be a Sonic clone, and as others pointed out, he's a 3rd party character. A third party character that would be a clone has zero chance. I do think Tails would be pretty cool, but I don't think we'd get another SEGA rep, and if we did it would probably be from a different franchise.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

2Sang

mystman12 wrote:

Aww man! I'm too late! I was gonna use this .gif!
Untitled
I'VE BEEN DYING TO USE IT!!!

Anyways, like I said before, Shadow makes absolutely no sense as a new character since he'd just be a Sonic clone, and as others pointed out, he's a 3rd party character. A third party character that would be a clone has zero chance. I do think Tails would be pretty cool, but I don't think we'd get another SEGA rep, and if we did it would probably be from a different franchise.

Yeah I'm not too keen for SSB4 having another sonic character, but I wouldn't mind having either or both tails and knuckles somewhere down the line. I might even main tails some day, but characters like silver and shadow (despite being first party and use gun) should never be in because that opens pandora's box to characters like big the cat and charmy and whatever freak show headlines that sega is creating these days that they call "characters".

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

The main problem I've always had with Shadow is that he never felt important enough to be anything but an Assist Trophy. He's kind of like Waluigi in that regard. As for having another Sonic character at all, I don't think it's necessary. Sonic himself more than covers his own series and a big chunk of Sega as well. I wouldn't be against another one, but I can't really justify a reason. We have Sonic, that's plenty.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

ShadowforSSB4

Yet,I don't understand why they add Wii fit trainer.Her games are not really popular.Nintendo should also take out paultena.She OVER POWERED.Rosealina?We already have a princess.They should make waluigi playable or at least paper mario.Back to the sonic thing,I can see Tails coming over shadow.But if you want to fly around and throw bombs,then shadow perfect for the job.Plus shadow isn't a clone.You probaly a Mario fanboy.

Hello!

Azooooz

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

Yet,I don't understand why they add Wii fit trainer.Her games are not really popular.Nintendo should also take out paultena.She OVER POWERED.Rosealina?We already have a princess.They should make waluigi playable or at least paper mario.Back to the sonic thing,I can see Tails coming over shadow.But if you want to fly around and throw bombs,then shadow perfect for the job.Plus shadow isn't a clone.You probaly a Mario fanboy.

For the last time, Shadow is an assist trophy. Get it in your thick head.

Oh, and the characters that are/will be announced are considered before they started developing the game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MegaStoneSmash91

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

But,@MegaStoneSmash91,You guys keep asking for a third fire emblem characters.

What does this have to do with the Shadow discussion? Fire Emblem isn't a third party franchise, and considering it's support in Smash Bros. I don't think it's out of the question to ask for one more character from the series. Especially with the ever expanding roster.

Your logic is full of holes, and so is your grammar. Get back under your bridge and leave this poor, honest thread alone.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

jump

Anyone else think Mallo from Pushmo would make a good addition? He already looks and moves like a Sumo and would fit right in with the roster.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KO-Cub

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

1. It's Wii Fit Trainer. You don't say her because you can select the male version, too.
2. Wii Fit Training is an INCREDIBLY POPULAR game. If I had a motion wii board or whatever. Heck I'd buy it. That game has sold tons.
3. Palutena isn't overpowered. All characters are said to be ballanced and the trailer. Just simple choreography. We nothing of her still.
4. Just becuase Rosalina's a princess doesn't mean she should be kicked. Zeldas a princess and we have 2 plumbers and 4 super, majestic, catchable, monsters that can fit in pockets. Gonna kick them too?
5. Waluigi is a trophy becuase theirs more iconic Mario house characters. Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr. and now even Rosalina and Luma. And Paper Mario seems like a down grade from the Mario we have now in this game.
6. Tails would be another toolbox character being a techy like Megaman, not that theres anything wrong with that. Be a pretty cool rivaly, but I see Knuckles having a better chance overall being a quake like fighter. And never say Shadow is better at Tails at flying.
7. What's wrong with loving Mario. Your probably just another Shadow fanboy.
8. We ask for a 3rd Fire Emblem rep becuase it's not third party and it's an incredible franchise.

Honestly. I just can't believe I typed all this and gave you attention.

Edited on by KO-Cub

May_Nyan

I'm wondering if Ms. Pac-man could be an alternate costume or if that would be too much of a change
I actually knew her before Pac-man when I was young because we had the game on Megadrive.

May_Nyan

ShadowforSSB4

There a chance that paper mario will be playable.

Hello!

Aviator

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

There's a chance Lady Gaga will be playable.

May_Nyan wrote:

I'm wondering if Ms. Pac-man could be an alternate costume or if that would be too much of a change
I actually knew her before Pac-man when I was young because we had the game on Megadrive.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't. It's a bow. Shouldn't be that hard.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Kewlan

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

There's a 100% chance you'll never play as Shadow in SSB4...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

2Sang

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

But,@MegaStoneSmash91,You guys keep asking for a third fire emblem characters.

What does this have to do with the Shadow discussion? Fire Emblem isn't a third party franchise, and considering it's support in Smash Bros. I don't think it's out of the question to ask for one more character from the series. Especially with the ever expanding roster.

Your logic is full of holes, and so is your grammar. Get back under your bridge and leave this poor, honest thread alone.

wow you're a dummy. Didn't you know that shadow was first party and also he use gun?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

KO-Cub

Aviator wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

I'd be surprised if there wasn't. It's a bow. Shouldn't be that hard.

Jigglypuff had a bow. It's possible. Add eyelashes too and done. Just the matter of the developers to actually make it.

Datasun_7

Inklings for sm4sh! They have guns right?

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

mystman12

Kewlan wrote:

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

There's a 100% chance you'll never play as Shadow in SSB4...

Woah woah woah, wait. This guy finally says something that makes a little sense and yet you're still bashing him. I think Paper Mario could be a great character. He has a ton of potential for a great move set, and while I don't think he'll make it in, there is a chance, like you said.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

For what it's worth, Paper Mario would be a completely unique character, unlike Dr. Mario. He'd be another Mario, sure, but his moveset would be pulled from the Paper Mario/Mario RPG series, rather than the Super Mario Bros series. I would like to see a Paper Mario moveset somewhere down the line, and by no means is it impossible to be in this game, but I'd hardly call it likely. Too many other characters deserve a spot and Paper Mario would be poorly received by a large portion of the fanbase. It's sad to say, but he'd be very quickly written off as a Mario clone, no matter how unique his moveset was.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shiny_Sentret

Hmmm... If Sakuri announces Bowser Jr. and Sceptile, then all of the characters that I want would be in. (B Jr. and S till have a tiny chance in my opinion though.

Most wanted Smash Bros. Characters as of right now:
1. Chrom
2. Bowser Jr. (Probabbly not going to happen, but it would be cool)
3. Sceptile (Same as above)
All the other characters that I have wanted were announced at E3...

HA YOU SEE THAT I TOTALLY CALLED BOWSER JR!...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic