Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,461 to 8,480 of 27,917

IceClimbers

So who do you think will be the next character revealed? We have the rest of June, July, August, and September 1-12 (assuming street date in Japan isn't broken) for reveals. We'll probably know the full roster from Japanese review copies though.

Anyway, my bet is on Wario sometime in July. Wario has a unique moveset that doesn't need changes. Falco would make more sense in a Direct where they can talk about his moves, assuming his moveset is changed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

19Robb92

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Kremlings = King K. Rool

Might as well be Dixie Kong (or some other Kong character), since the Kremlins are from the DKC series of games. I don't think K. Rool has a chance.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Now we just need a Konami rep

We had one in the form of Snake.

I know, but new Metal Gear Solid games have basically never been on Nintendo systems, I'd rather have Bomberman or any other character that actually has presence on Nintendo platforms. Pacman makes more sense than any other Namco rep, for example.

Even Simon Belmont or Bill Rizor would make more sense than Snake. Since Konami owns Hudson, Bomberman would probably make the most sense. All they would have to do is release an eShop Bomberman or some Bomberman VC games, and it wouldn't be any worse than Megaman, IMO.

There hasn't been a Bomberman game on 3DS or Wii U whereas 3DS has had an MGS game (albeit a port), A Castlevania character maybe but honestly at this point Snake is Konami's most iconic character with the biggest fanbase.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MrWalkieTalkie

IceClimbers wrote:

Wario has a unique moveset that doesn't need changes.

Yeah, I hope he doesn't change much. Especially the Wario Bike. The only thing I'd really change would be his animations for walking and running and such. I'd like something more fluid and fitting to his character.

like so:
Untitled
That'd work perfectly

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
I know Snake is the most popular Konami character, currently, but that's why I'm saying that they could just handle it the same way they did Mega Man. Mega Man is basically only on VC, but he's still in the game. Again, Konami could release an exclusive Bomberman game to justify his inclusion and VC games. If Nintendo wants Bomberman in the game, they'll handle it like how they did Megaman presumably.

I just find it awkward that Snake would be in Smash Bros, because Konami doesn't even really give much of a damn for the MGS games to be on Nintendo. Any character from Hudson/Konami makes more sense than Snake, based on principle.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

I just find it awkward that Snake would be in Smash Bros, because Konami doesn't even really give much of a damn for the MGS games to be on Nintendo. Any character from Hudson/Konami makes more sense than Snake, based on principle.

Problem with that is that they also don't give a damn about putting Castlevania or Bomberman on Nintendo consoles either.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Kewlan
This might be old, but still, take it!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Problem with that is that they also don't give a damn about putting Castlevania or Bomberman on Nintendo consoles either.

What was Castlevania on 3DS, then? Also, VC, and I've already said they could release a new Bomberman if they really wanted to. A new Bomberman hasn't shown up on any of these new consoles, so that's not really Konami/Hudson not caring about putting Bomberman on consoles, as much as it is not even doing anything with the IP. When Hudson owned Bomberman, Nintendo was basically the only console they put Bomberman on.

Qwest

DreamyViridi

@MrWalkieTalkie - One other change I'd wouldn't mind seeing is changing his Down Special to the Earthshake Punch, his special move from Shake Dimension. It'd make for a nice bit of Wario Land representation.
Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Shirma_Akayaku

Was anyone a little upset when people were booing Zero since he won the invitational? I feel like all those people who were booing him were doing it for the wrong reasons.

First off, the invitational shouldn't be taken too seriously since there were items, and even though the final match had none, it was only one match and the players didn't have too much experience with the game. Secondly, I think people were booing Zero simply because he wasn't Hungrybox; they only wanted Hungrybox to win just because of his reputation in the Smash community. Another thing is that people were complaining that Zero was spamming his side-b / side-special move, but Zero can do that if he wants to, nobody's gonna force him to do something else (plus he won by doing something most people wouldn't do in sudden death; a grab). Lastly, this tournament was for fun, no money was involved as far as I know. People seriously need to relax.

Overall, I just think people at the invitational weren't very considerate of the circumstances this tournament brought.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

What was Castlevania on 3DS, then? Also, VC, and I've already said they could release a new Bomberman if they really wanted to. A new Bomberman hasn't shown up on any of these new consoles, so that's not really Konami/Hudson not caring about putting Bomberman on consoles, as much as it is not even doing anything with the IP. When Hudson owned Bomberman, Nintendo was basically the only console they put Bomberman on.

What was MGS on 3DS then? both games tanked on the 3DS and the HD version skipped Wii U and the 3DS Bomberman was cancelled VC could also apply to the original MGS on NES so that isn't a good point either. What I'm trying to say is Snake has as much right to be in Smash as the rest and every counter argument to that has been rather weak.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

DreamyViridi

@Rosalina - I think some of the booing for Zero was due to the fact that for the last 35 seconds of the match, he was avoiding Hungrybox and stalling for time to have more of a chance in Sudden Death. I agree the booing was unnecessary and not very sportsman-like but I must say I didn't like that he was stalling in the grand finals. While a valid strategy, I guess people saw it as a bit cowardly. Not to mention, in a previous match, he got the Smash Ball 4 times with no let-up, compared to the Rosalina player who seemed to let Mega Man get his Final Smash and freely sacrificed himself just so others could see it.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Rosalina - I think some of the booing for Zero was due to the fact that for the last 35 seconds of the match, he was avoiding Hungrybox and stalling for time to have more of a chance in Sudden Death. I agree the booing was unnecessary and not very sportsman-like but I must say I didn't like that he was stalling in the grand finals. While a valid strategy, I guess people saw it as a bit cowardly. Not to mention, in a previous match, he got the Smash Ball 4 times with no let-up, compared to the Rosalina player who seemed to let Mega Man get his Final Smash and freely sacrificed himself just so others could see it.

I didn't boo him myself (though I was hating a bit in chat) but you've basically summed up why I was disappointed he won so much of it was luck plus him camping and hiding in a few matches just made him a boring winner.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

What was MGS on 3DS then? both games tanked on the 3DS and the HD version skipped Wii U and the 3DS Bomberman was cancelled VC could also apply to the original MGS on NES so that isn't a good point either. What I'm trying to say is Snake has as much right to be in Smash as the rest and every counter argument to that has been rather weak.

It was a remake, which is why I said no NEW MGS games have really ever been on Nintendo's systems, besides the ones on NES. Bomberman, Bill Rizor, and the Castlevania characters have factually had more presence on Nintendo consoles, with Bomberman coming in first place.

The only reason why Bomberman is a Konami rep, is because they freaking own the IP. Bomberman has had more games on Nintendo consoles than the entire series of Metal Gear Solid on ANY console, and the same moslty goes for Contra and Castlevania. The main point I'm making, is that every other series from Konami has had more games on Nintendo, period. That's undebatable.

EDIT: There were tons on Castlevania games throughout the GBA and DS days. DS got Contra 4, and Wii got Contra Rebirth. It's not even debatable about which series have had more presence on Nintendo systems.

EDIT2: Also, Metal Gear Solid HD didn't show up on Xbox One or PS4, either, so a differnece in releases between generations is also to blame. Bomberman fits Smash Bros. better than Snake, especially when the new MGS isn't even going to be on Wii U, and Bomberman might still show up on 8th gen consoles, which he hasn't yet.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Tsuchinoko

I want Ness and Lucas to make it in ( ´,_ゝ`)

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Retro_on_theGo

Rosalina wrote:

Was anyone a little upset when people were booing Zero since he won the invitational? I feel like all those people who were booing him were doing it for the wrong reasons.

First off, the invitational shouldn't be taken too seriously since there were items, and even though the final match had none, it was only one match and the players didn't have too much experience with the game. Secondly, I think people were booing Zero simply because he wasn't Hungrybox; they only wanted Hungrybox to win just because of his reputation in the Smash community. Another thing is that people were complaining that Zero was spamming his side-b / side-special move, but Zero can do that if he wants to, nobody's gonna force him to do something else (plus he won by doing something most people wouldn't do in sudden death; a grab). Lastly, this tournament was for fun, no money was involved as far as I know. People seriously need to relax.

Overall, I just think people at the invitational weren't very considerate of the circumstances this tournament brought.

People were booing because he only won by stalling out the timer.

Arminillo

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

People were booing because he only won by stalling out the timer.

Well and he pranced around the stage like an sasshole when he won.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

UGXwolf

These are all the costumes that were available at E3. After looking over it, this is most certainly not the full costume set. (I can't for the life of me remember what tipped me off, but it wasn't the fact that there are only four costumes for each, because adding alternate costumes would make that necessary to save space.) I do know it's extremely odd that Rosalina only has three costumes, but I think I knew before that. Ugh, my memory is so fuzzy, I even forget what /I/ think half the time.

That said, I can see Dark Link costumes being removed to make him an assist trophy (like Dark Samus) or an alternate costume altogether. I'm really sad to see no sign of Swan Marth (white cape) or MonoKirby (black-and-white) because I know people that were nuts about those pallets. Maybe the Wii U version will have more swaps than the 3DS version? Maybe.

As for Gematsu, I'm doubly wary, now. I can't think of any reason for them to discuss whether to cut Ness or Lucas. I can't really see a reason for them to cut either one, unless they plan on making the other an assist trophy. Ness is notably the least safe of the original 12, though, as we know he was almost replaced by Lucas, once. Even so, I still really don't see either of them getting cut, even if the Gematsu leak is 100% accurate. Again, they argued about this during Brawl's development, and look what happened. If the Gematsu leak turns out to be true, my personal bias is on a repeat of Brawl's argument, where they decided that Ness was more relevant, but Lucas was more recent, so they didn't cut Ness. Or maybe they didn't have time to cut Ness and have continued the argument in Smash 4, but considering it worked once, I can't see them assuming it won't work again.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Azooooz

Final Smash names for each character (so far) CONFIRMED only:

Veterans:
Mario - Mario Finale
Link/Toon Link - Triforce Slash
Donkey Kong - Konga Beats
Zelda/Sheik - Light Arrow
Bowser - Giga Bowser
Pikachu - Volt Tackle
Kirby - Ultra Sword
Luigi - Poltergust 5000
Sonic - Super Sonic
Samus - Zero Laser
Zero Suit Samus - Gunship
Marth - Critical Hit
Fox - Landmaster
Charizard - Mega Charizard X
Yoshi - Super Dragon
Pit - Three Sacred Treasures
Olimar - End of Day

Newcomers:
Villager - Dream Home
Wii Fit Trainer - Wii Fit
Rosalina & Luma - Power Star
Little Mac - Giga Mac
Mega Man - ( No official name yet, but I would like it to be called Mega Man Finale)
Greninja - Night Slash

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic