Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,361 to 8,380 of 27,917

2Sang

Suicune wrote:

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ugh... I was really hoping they wouldn't reveal Pac-man. I'm glad they took inspiration from multiple Namco games for his reveal, but I just can't look at this as a good thing. This is the first character that they've actually failed to make me like in the entire game, but whatever, the roster is up to 34 or 36, if you count the Mii classes separately, so that's a plus, I guess.

Pac-Man is the most recognizable video game character ever, and has an incredibly important history in both nintendo and video games. Greninja has appeared in one game as one of 719 pokemon and will likely fade into obscurity the same way Jigglypuff has.

Pac-man is boring, obvious, and even Sakurai stated that they couldn't make a moveset on him alone and have it actually work. Greninja is interesting, unexpected, and clearly had plenty of potential in and of himself for a playable slot.

Well Palutena, Megaman, Sonic, Villager, and Little Mac were all obvious choices, so I guess they're all boring and shouldn't be in right?

Look at Sonic! Two of his moves are spindashes, one uses a spring that he normally cant directly influence, and homing attack introduced waay later in his series. Noone gives Pacman that benefit of the doubt. His later games gave him MANY other abilities.

As shown in the trailer, pac man had plenty of moves to use because limiting him to just the original pac man would have been boring, but he represents the arcade era and can play in a similar way to G&W. Not to mention as you've said he's had many other games since then as well.

Also, you need to watch the pacman reveal compared to all the greninja trailer live reactions. The reveals speak for themselves.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Eel

The Mr G&W they showed in that trailer was not the same they used in the past two games.

It looked much more like made from 'ink' and with differently drawn poses, instead of being perfectly round always, like his previous model, if that makes sense.

They either made him up for that video or he's receiving a pretty nice graphical update.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nintendo6400

AddADashOfSalt wrote:

So, I just saw this for the first time.
Untitled
Well, there goes my #1 character for Smash.

That's magnus from KI:U I saw him a few times in the demo. Him and Shadow. Did anyone see Isaac in it?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - I've not seen Kat & Ana in any videos.
@AddADashOfSalt - Sorry to hear your #1 didn't make it, but hey; at least he's acknowledged and is able to fight in matches than just being a trophy. Could you post a link to that vid?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

New_3DaSh_XL

DreamyViridi wrote:

@DestinyMan - I've not seen Kat & Ana in any videos.
@AddADashOfSalt - Sorry to hear your #1 didn't make it, but hey; at least he's acknowledged and is able to fight in matches than just being a trophy. Could you post a link to that vid?

It's actually a picture I saw on a different forum. I don't know where to find the actual video.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
Untitled

Naaaahhhhh, better to have both characters in the end!

Not hating on Pac-man, I just want my G&W in as well. It's weird that they would show him like that and not confirm his status.

The way I see it is that Sakurai probably wanted to reveal Pac-Man at E3, because that would obviously be the best place to reveal a 3rd party fighter. And he clearly wanted to include Game & Watch just for the fun fact at the end. Only problem is that he didn't reveal Game & Watch before hand in time, but he wanted to go through with it anyway. So he probably didnt give Game & Watch his own page yet so his thunder wouldn't be stolen from the big reveal of the 3 newcomers, especially Pac-Man.

Plus, there's no way Sakurai would blatantly show off a fighter from a past game and not include them in the final product, that would just be a huge insult to the fans.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

retropunky

Moorpheel wrote:

That's kinda sad

And hilarious at the same time.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Jazzer94

AddADashOfSalt wrote:

So, I just saw this for the first time.
Untitled
Well, there goes my #1 character for Smash.

Not gonna lie that makes me a bit sad I really wanted to play as Magnus.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Kewlan

So which fan suggestions has been accepted, and which ones are left?
Accepted so far: Palutena, Pac-man, Mii, Little Mac, Rosalina, Mega Man. (Did I miss someone?)
I gotta say, it's interesting to see them adding so many fan suggested characters!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

retropunky

You forgot Ness.

Nah, I'm sure he will be a hidden character.

Lucas on the other hand...

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

I gotta say, it's interesting to see them adding so many fan suggested characters!

They aren't really though.

If you checked the developer round table for SSB4 Sakurai say the first thing they did was to pick out the roster for the game, so every character have been determined from the get-go.

They even mention they barley had anything to work with when it came to Greninja (since it was a character that were included in a game that hadn't even been released at the time) and that they worked closely with GameFreak to develop the character.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

iKhan

You guys think Smash will get an amiibo bundle?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

19Robb92

iKhan wrote:

You guys think Smash will get an amiibo bundle?

Definitely.

I'm sure they'll do bundles like the Mario Kart 8 or Wind Waker HD bundles that includes a figurine.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic