Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,341 to 8,360 of 27,917

Gridatttack

UGXwolf wrote:

@ the Gematsu leak I'm still not convinced. Much as I contested them before, Miis and Pac-man were easy guesses, add was Palutena. Honestly, anything on that list aside from Choir Men could've been guessed just by going with Nintendo's most recent franchises and successes. What really bothers me with this leak is the imprecision on the Greninja leak and the total lack of Rosalina in the leak. This could be explained by the fact that apparently, Greninja was chosen at random, so maybe they didn't know which one it'd be, yet and maybe Rosalina want on the roster, yet, when the first leak surfaced. Even so, the leak still doesn't sit right with me. Chrom and Shulk will prove nothing. They're both extremely likely to join. Choir Men is the one I'm watching out for.

I still dont know when did the leak happened. But they added greninja even before X and Y were released, so they simply stated 'a pokemon from X and Y'. While Rosalina is noticeable missing, remember, leaks and rumors are unknown how they exactly originate. Considered they have been correct so far, I presume the info they got was incomplete, hence Rosalina wasn't there. And the miis werent that easy at all, considering the challenges Sakurai mentioned before

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

UGXwolf

Gridatttack wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@ the Gematsu leak I'm still not convinced. Much as I contested them before, Miis and Pac-man were easy guesses, add was Palutena. Honestly, anything on that list aside from Choir Men could've been guessed just by going with Nintendo's most recent franchises and successes. What really bothers me with this leak is the imprecision on the Greninja leak and the total lack of Rosalina in the leak. This could be explained by the fact that apparently, Greninja was chosen at random, so maybe they didn't know which one it'd be, yet and maybe Rosalina want on the roster, yet, when the first leak surfaced. Even so, the leak still doesn't sit right with me. Chrom and Shulk will prove nothing. They're both extremely likely to join. Choir Men is the one I'm watching out for.

I still dont know when did the leak happened. But they added greninja even before X and Y were released, so they simply stated 'a pokemon from X and Y'. While Rosalina is noticeable missing, remember, leaks and rumors are unknown how they exactly originate. Considered they have been correct so far, I presume the info they got was incomplete, hence Rosalina wasn't there. And the miis werent that easy at all, considering the challenges Sakurai mentioned before

At the time, Miis were new and simply represented the player, themselves. By now, Miis have become entirely separate from their owners.

And the first six were leaked just before E3 2013.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

When it comes to the Gematsu leak, the only one I'm looking out for is the Choir Men from Rhythm Heaven. Other than that, I think it's slightly believable. Also, didn't Sakurai state in the roundtable that they knew EXACTLY which characters were going to be in the game a long time ago (he answered a Greninja question with this). If that's the case, then the leak isn't really believable if the devs knew which characters were going to appear from the very beginning since the leaker added "a pokemon from X & Y".

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

cookiex

Little Mac Kirby is just adorable.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Budda

Little Mac Kirby? Where can I see him? :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Henmii

The boxart for both versions is also nice.

Henmii

Tsuchinoko

They better not replace my homie G&W with Pac-man! There's no real reason not to keep nearly all of the Brawl veterans. ( ´_ゝ`)

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MegaStoneSmash91

The epicness cannot be contained! Seeing these four all in the same game is nothing short of a miracle.

I honestly don't get the hate for Pac-Man's inclusion. I was a bit skeptical at first about the possibility of him joining the fight, but Sakurai pulled a magic act yet again. His moves are better than anyone would have expected, and he looks right at home in these games.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SheldonRandoms

@Tsuchinoko
Untitled

Naaaahhhhh, better to have both characters in the end!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
Untitled

Not hating on Pac-man, I just want my G&W in as well. It's weird that they would show him like that and not confirm his status.

SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
Untitled

Not hating on Pac-man, I just want my G&W in as well. It's weird that they would show him like that and not confirm his status.

They're probably just teasing everybody again, but chances are good for his return (And he'll look the best in 3D and HD!)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
Untitled

They're probably just teasing everybody again, but chances are good for his return (And he'll look the best in 3D and HD!)

Ugh Sakurai you tease.

SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
Untitled

Ugh Sakurai you tease.

I would do the same thing if I was making a game like Super Smash Bros. Sometimes it's his teasings and trolling like this that get the game completed the way it is :0

IN A WAY, WE ARE ALL HELPING SMASH BROS................Well buying the game I suppose is helping Smash Bros! :0

Derp!

Tsuchinoko

I'd buy it without all the teasing. I suppose it does keep it on my mind more than it would otherwise.

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I'd buy it without all the teasing. I suppose it does keep it on my mind more than it would otherwise.

I think what he meant was that Sakurai might be teasing to keep things as interesting for him as it is for us. The pics of the day and the occasional reveal are his way of keeping himself from going insane, and you can really see that playfulness come through in the game, itself.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Azooooz

Let's hope that they keep the Holiday 2014 release date.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ugh... I was really hoping they wouldn't reveal Pac-man. I'm glad they took inspiration from multiple Namco games for his reveal, but I just can't look at this as a good thing. This is the first character that they've actually failed to make me like in the entire game, but whatever, the roster is up to 34 or 36, if you count the Mii classes separately, so that's a plus, I guess.

Pac-Man is the most recognizable video game character ever, and has an incredibly important history in both nintendo and video games. Greninja has appeared in one game as one of 719 pokemon and will likely fade into obscurity the same way Jigglypuff has.

Pac-man is boring, obvious, and even Sakurai stated that they couldn't make a moveset on him alone and have it actually work. Greninja is interesting, unexpected, and clearly had plenty of potential in and of himself for a playable slot.

Well Palutena, Megaman, Sonic, Villager, and Little Mac were all obvious choices, so I guess they're all boring and shouldn't be in right?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Arminillo

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ugh... I was really hoping they wouldn't reveal Pac-man. I'm glad they took inspiration from multiple Namco games for his reveal, but I just can't look at this as a good thing. This is the first character that they've actually failed to make me like in the entire game, but whatever, the roster is up to 34 or 36, if you count the Mii classes separately, so that's a plus, I guess.

Pac-Man is the most recognizable video game character ever, and has an incredibly important history in both nintendo and video games. Greninja has appeared in one game as one of 719 pokemon and will likely fade into obscurity the same way Jigglypuff has.

Pac-man is boring, obvious, and even Sakurai stated that they couldn't make a moveset on him alone and have it actually work. Greninja is interesting, unexpected, and clearly had plenty of potential in and of himself for a playable slot.

Well Palutena, Megaman, Sonic, Villager, and Little Mac were all obvious choices, so I guess they're all boring and shouldn't be in right?

Look at Sonic! Two of his moves are spindashes, one uses a spring that he normally cant directly influence, and homing attack introduced waay later in his series. Noone gives Pacman that benefit of the doubt. His later games gave him MANY other abilities.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic