Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,321 to 8,340 of 27,917

whodatninja

With all the attention the Smash Run feature is getting, I'm starting to get a bit jealous of 3DS owners haha... At least tell me the Wii U version (which comes out later btw) will have its own exclusive features???

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

UGXwolf

whodatninja wrote:

With all the attention the Smash Run feature is getting, I'm starting to get a bit jealous of 3DS owners haha... At least tell me the Wii U version (which comes out later btw) will have its own exclusive features???

If it doesn't, I think we'll all be legitimately shocked. Sakurai is su,,h a perfectionist that I really can't see him failing to utilize the Wii U's unique features and abilities for something really special.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

New_3DaSh_XL

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Dark Pit could very well be a playable character or assist trophy. When playing the demo yesterday, I noticed that you couldn't change Pit's colors to that of Dark Pit.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Jazzer94

AddADashOfSalt wrote:

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Dark Pit could very well be a playable character or assist trophy. When playing the demo yesterday, I noticed that you couldn't change Pit's colors to that of Dark Pit.

Then most likely he is an assist trophy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

@AddADashOfSalt - Well, I doubt he'll be his own character. Perhaps, he'll be an alternate for Pit but just hasn't been implemented in the game yet. That's my guess.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Inkling

That leaker's predictions came true.

Villager - Yes
Pac-Man - Yes
Wii Fit Trainer - Yes
Little Mac - Yes
Mega Man - Yes
Miis - Yes

He also said this:
Palutena - Yes
a Pokemon from X/Y - Yes (Greninja)
Choir Men - Maybe
Chrom - Maybe

GET HYPED!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Inkling

Also, he claimed Shulk was in it.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

New_3DaSh_XL

My best guess is assist trophy, but I just thought I'd point it out. I seriously doubt that a palette swap would be so hard to implement that they just haven't had time to do it yet. Regardless, I think this points to him being in the game in some way or another. Also, Sakurai did tease at him having some part in the Palutena reveal trailer, so there's that to think about.

8 Bit Forward

DreamyViridi

Well, a palette swap is easy but don't forget that alternate voice clips would also need to be implemented; after all, Male and Female Wii Fit Trainers obviously have different voices. It may also be worth pointing out that Bowser does not seem to have a voice at all in the current demo of the game and I'm sure he's not gonna be mute for the full game.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

@Dark - No, that's right. No grunting or roars or anything of the sort. An example, during the Invitational, there's a match where Bowser wins and roars in victory, but you don't hear it. At least, I haven't heard anything from him in videos I've seen; but I'm sure we'll hear him when the full game is release.

Mario Maker Levels

DreamyViridi

Looking at Twitch; Greninja and Donkey Kong don't seem to have voice clips either. Also, Sheik's Final Smash is the same as Zelda's. Like Sakurai said though, a lot of things are subject to change when the game's actually finished so anything goes.

Mario Maker Levels

New_3DaSh_XL

Jazzer94 wrote:

@AddADashOfSalt
What did you think of the game?

It was amazing! Much more fast-paced and intense than Brawl, but that's definitely for the better. I found it somewhat hard to adapt to the new moves in the time I was given, but that's ok. The game is very fluid, I noticed no lag, and as a result I'd say the graphics are the best on the system as of yet because of the quality of the graphics plus no lag. I loved all the movesets of the players I had or played against, though the 3 I got to play as were Pit, Mega Man, and Greninja (Greninja on the 3DS version) the 3DS version was a bit more natural, imo, but I didn't really like playing as Greninja for the time I got. Smash Run seems like a good thing to explore for a while, btw. Finally, the stages are well made. I got to play on Pilotwings and Battlefield and both were great. I seriously can't wait until either.

If you want to see a bit more (and a Kid Icarus pre-boss rally cry, courtesy of me) I got someone to take a video of it.

I'm wearing green in the video.

8 Bit Forward

DreamyViridi

@Moorpheel - I saw a Greninja vs. Sheik match on 3DS a while ago on Twitch and all I heard was Sheik. They're playing Smash Bros. Wii U on the Treehouse right now btw if anyone's not watching.

EDIT: I heard Greninja when they did a Wii U match. So yeah, you're right @Moorpheel. Donkey Kong too. So it seems the voice clips for those two are in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version. Weird.

Mario Maker Levels

Jazzer94

AddADashOfSalt wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@AddADashOfSalt
What did you think of the game?

It was amazing! Much more fast-paced and intense than Brawl, but that's definitely for the better. I found it somewhat hard to adapt to the new moves in the time I was given, but that's ok. The game is very fluid, I noticed no lag, and as a result I'd say the graphics are the best on the system as of yet because of the quality of the graphics plus no lag. I loved all the movesets of the players I had or played against, though the 3 I got to play as were Pit, Mega Man, and Greninja (Greninja on the 3DS version) the 3DS version was a bit more natural, imo, but I didn't really like playing as Greninja for the time I got. Smash Run seems like a good thing to explore for a while, btw. Finally, the stages are well made. I got to play on Pilotwings and Battlefield and both were great. I seriously can't wait until either.

If you want to see a bit more (and a Kid Icarus pre-boss rally cry, courtesy of me) I got someone to take a video of it.

I'm wearing green in the video.

Cool video @AddADashOfSalt I'm hoping it's at a expo I go to in September so that I can play it but I'm glad that it sounds good I'm definitely getting both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@ the Gematsu leak I'm still not convinced. Much as I contested them before, Miis and Pac-man were easy guesses, add was Palutena. Honestly, anything on that list aside from Choir Men could've been guessed just by going with Nintendo's most recent franchises and successes. What really bothers me with this leak is the imprecision on the Greninja leak and the total lack of Rosalina in the leak. This could be explained by the fact that apparently, Greninja was chosen at random, so maybe they didn't know which one it'd be, yet and maybe Rosalina want on the roster, yet, when the first leak surfaced. Even so, the leak still doesn't sit right with me. Chrom and Shulk will prove nothing. They're both extremely likely to join. Choir Men is the one I'm watching out for.

@ Choir Men If this comes true, what will his moveset be like? Well, I imagine him bring similar to Pac and G&W. I'm imagining a shape shifter that draws inspiration from various Rhythm Heaven mini-games. For instance, his standard attacks may shift into the Karate Man for a punch-punch-kick combo, or he could turn into the flying soccer kids and the effectiveness of his recovery is based on how good your rhythm is.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic