Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,241 to 8,260 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@Dark-Luigi I'm happy for someone. (Apparently @WaveBoy ) but I'm not happy for it, myself. I just can't get excited for this character. I've literally loved every character I didn't want until now. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were characters I would've hated, had I only been told about them. But those trailers really made me love and accept them. Pac-man I can't.

@Jazzer94 Kirby's Pac-man face is the best part of his inclusion.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ugh... I was really hoping they wouldn't reveal Pac-man. I'm glad they took inspiration from multiple Namco games for his reveal, but I just can't look at this as a good thing. This is the first character that they've actually failed to make me like in the entire game, but whatever, the roster is up to 34 or 36, if you count the Mii classes separately, so that's a plus, I guess.

Pac-Man is the most recognizable video game character ever, and has an incredibly important history in both nintendo and video games. Greninja has appeared in one game as one of 719 pokemon and will likely fade into obscurity the same way Jigglypuff has.

Pac-man is boring, obvious, and even Sakurai stated that they couldn't make a moveset on him alone and have it actually work. Greninja is interesting, unexpected, and clearly had plenty of potential in and of himself for a playable slot.

CaviarMeths

Not big on Pac-Man, but it's appropriate with Namco's involvement in development. Even with Pac-Man being Namco's mascot though, it must have been hard to decide with character to include. Namco owns Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Tales of, which alone would give you about 50 cool characters to choose from.

If a Konami character ends up on the roster, I would much rather see Simon Belmont or Shanoa than Snake again. Simon because he's the most iconic Castlevania character, Shanoa because she's the most unique.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

DestinyMan wrote:

Pac-Man fits Super Smash Bros. far better than Snake and he always the most obvious and easiest choice for a Bandai-Namco character, period. Sorry.

Just be glad that it's his Pac-Man World look and not his latest Ghostly Adventures incarnation.

Pretty much the attitude I'm going to take towards this is the "It's not for me, but I'm sure someone's happy about it" position. I'm mostly sour because there are so many Namco characters I would've preferred to see in there, and I've felt Pac-man overstayed his welcome for a very long time.

Dark-Luigi

@DestinyMan ...Yeeeeeah, sorry, don't agree with you in the slightest. To think Snake was worse enough, this tops it. They seriously should've choose someone who actually fits.

...But whatever, opinions are opinions, I guess.

@Mickey That literally makes no sense...

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

UGXwolf

On a completely different note, I can still see one more 3rd party character. We've mentioned Ryu Hyabusa and Simon Belmont, but does anyone have any other ideas on what's possible? (Also, I'm more certain than ever that there's going to be around 45-50 characters.)

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

@Jazzer94 Kirby's Pac-man face is the best part of his inclusion.

Yeah but his expression was what I was referencing as if a bit depressed.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Pac-Man fits Super Smash Bros. far better than Snake and he always the most obvious and easiest choice for a Bandai-Namco character, period. Sorry.

Just be glad that it's his Pac-Man World look and not his latest Ghostly Adventures incarnation.

Snake fit into the wackyness perfectly in my opinion the codec conversations were and are still gold.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

DreamyViridi

@UGXwolf - I personally think we're done with 3rd Party characters. We already have Sonic, Mega Man and now Pac-Man. The roster's gonna be huge, but I feel asking for yet another 3rd Party reps would be a bit much.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Randomname19

DreamyViridi wrote:

@UGXwolf - I personally think we're done with 3rd Party characters. We already have Sonic, Mega Man and now Pac-Man. The roster's gonna be huge, but I feel asking for yet another 3rd Party reps would be a bit much.

Agree.Having four third party fighters would enable players to make matches whitout Nintendo characters(things like having two Megamans and two Pac-mans doesn't count,I'm talking about four different third party characters)

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Azooooz

People here who'll play Smash Bros. for Wii U at Best Buy, please gives us your first impressions like game mechanics, the pace of the game, and the graphic when seeing it in person. Also tell us how big are the improvements over Brawl.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

Randomname19 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Agree.Having four third party fighters would enable players to make matches whitout Nintendo characters(things like having two Megamans and two Pac-mans doesn't count,I'm talking about four different third party characters)

I get your point, but it's not about asking for more 3rd party characters. It's about what else Sakurai might think fits. I could totally see Simon Belmont replacing Snake or Ryu joining for his chronic involvement with Nintendo as well as the connection to Tecmo-Koei. I'm not saying there WILL be another 3rd party character, but who do you think it'd be or COULD be, if there were another (and we're still assuming one per franchise, so no SEGA, Capcom, or Namco.) I mean, it's more a talking point than anything else.

Besides, it's not about Nintendo IP, it's about Nintendo history. Something, anything, that was at one point, inherently Nintendo, would really fit right in. Thus the argument of a battle of non-Nintendo characters really isn't a problem. It's still stuff that, at least at one point, was really involved with Nintendo.

Adam

Pac-Man looks surprisingly fun. Weird that they show G&W but don't confirm him as a character either in the trailer or on smashbros.com.

I'm going to try to make it to Smash Fest tonight.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I get your point, but it's not about asking for more 3rd party characters. It's about what else Sakurai might think fits. I could totally see Simon Belmont replacing Snake or Ryu joining for his chronic involvement with Nintendo as well as the connection to Tecmo-Koei. I'm not saying there WILL be another 3rd party character, but who do you think it'd be or COULD be, if there were another (and we're still assuming one per franchise, so no SEGA, Capcom, or Namco.) I mean, it's more a talking point than anything else.

Besides, it's not about Nintendo IP, it's about Nintendo history. Something, anything, that was at one point, inherently Nintendo, would really fit right in. Thus the argument of a battle of non-Nintendo characters really isn't a problem. It's still stuff that, at least at one point, was really involved with Nintendo.

Oh, a "what-if" scenario. OK, I can dig that. Well, I personally don't care for him but Simon would have more of a chance than Ryu, especially since Castlevania was typically on Nintendo consoles back then and thus is a part of Nintendo's history. Only if Konami was really helping out Nintendo in some big way, mind you.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

Adam wrote:

Pac-Man looks surprisingly fun. Weird that they show G&W but don't confirm him as a character either in the trailer or on smashbros.com.

I'm going to try to make it to Smash Fest tonight.

Be sure to report back on your experience with the game if you do.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

FriedSquid

@WaveBoy: I'm with you. I don't quite understand why a lot of people dislike Pac-Man. Granted, I never wished for him in Smash, but I thought it would be nice to see, and he turned out great. I think of him as the Mickey Mouse of gaming--he'll always be a classic icon.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Henmii

With Namco it was obvious that Pacman would appear. I think he's a nice addition. He looks cool, and so do his moves.

I wonder if Snake's still in it though.

Henmii

cookiex

Do the Mii Fighters count as one character or three separate? If the former, the roster is at 33. If the latter, the roster is up to 35, already equal with Brawl's final roster.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic