Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,221 to 8,240 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Swiket wrote:

Untitled

Sigh...

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Ugh... I was really hoping they wouldn't reveal Pac-man. I'm glad they took inspiration from multiple Namco games for his reveal, but I just can't look at this as a good thing. This is the first character that they've actually failed to make me like in the entire game, but whatever, the roster is up to 34 or 36, if you count the Mii classes separately, so that's a plus, I guess.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Ugh... I was really hoping they wouldn't reveal Pac-man. I'm glad they took inspiration from multiple Namco games for his reveal, but I just can't look at this as a good thing. This is the first character that they've actually failed to make me like in the entire game, but whatever, the roster is up to 34 or 36, if you count the Mii classes separately, so that's a plus, I guess.

I doubt they're being treated as seperate, just variables through customization

Muyounosuke

So how many characters do you guys think will be on the Final roster, if the prophecy holds true I believe we have 3 more new characters being Crom, Shulk and the choir from rhythmn heaven so I might put the final roster count inbetween 40-50

Muyounosuke

Tsuchinoko

I wish they talked a bit about those new stages that were shown in the trailer.

whodatninja

Hey guys, where can I watch the full Smash Bros invitational??? I was asleep while it happened

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Tsuchinoko

WaveBoy wrote:

That Pacman reveal was just glorious. I knew he'd make it in, yet i'm surprised Nintendo didn't plunk him in instead of the less desirable Platuna at the end of their E3 presentation. weird.

I really hope Sakurai threw in Simon Belmont......he'd be the perfect new '3rd' 3rd party candidate.
Heck, i'd also toss Solid Snake and replace him with 007 James Bond.

Hmm, Palutena less desirable than Pac-man? That's an opinion. Haha

To be honest, I wasn't all about the whole Pac-man thing, but I like how Sakurai made his moveset. I'm still not sold on the whole Mii thing, but I'm glad they're only for non-competitive use.

Jazzer94

This sums up how I feel about Pacman in Smash.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

cookiex

Didn't Gematsu foretell Pac-Man too?

It's ridiculous how they've been spot on on every newcomer so far.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DreamyViridi

I'm not big on Pac-Man either, though you have to admit that the moveset is pretty good, and very inspired. I'll probably warm up to him a bit when the game's released much I did with Olimar in Brawl. I'm glad they went with his retro Pac-Man World look. With that, I believe we have our 3rd and most likely final Third-Party Rep.

I missed the Invitational, but thankfully someone did uploaded the whole thing.
For those who also missed it - Super Smash Bros Wii U Invitational Tournament.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

WaveBoy wrote:

Pac-man is just as important as Sonic, even more so. I honestly don't get the Pac-hate.

Pacman is a bit meh I never liked his 3D incarnations very much and that's why im not so keen, plus I can think of a cluster ton of better more memorable characters that would be a better choice.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

Pac-Man is the most recognizable video game character ever, and has an incredibly important history in both nintendo and video games. Greninja has appeared in one game as one of 719 pokemon and will likely fade into obscurity the same way Jigglypuff has.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Kewlan

I wasn't looking forward to Pac-man either, but I think they did a good job and convinced me. I will certainly play as him.
But dang people, you don't need to sound so negative.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

whodatninja

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm not big on Pac-Man either, though you have to admit that the moveset is pretty good, and very inspired. I'll probably warm up to him a bit when the game's released much I did with Olimar in Brawl. I'm glad they went with his retro Pac-Man World look. With that, I believe we have our 3rd and most likely final Third-Party Rep.

I missed the Invitational, but thankfully someone did uploaded the whole thing.
For those who also missed it - Super Smash Bros Wii U Invitational Tournament.

Thank you!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Kewlan

Character Select
Untitled
Stage Select
Untitled
Images are taken from GameXplains video.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Muyounosuke

cookiex wrote:

Didn't Gematsu foretell Pac-Man too?

It's ridiculous how they've been spot on on every newcomer so far.

Ya and that was before last years e3 here is the article
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-... (6/6 for this one)
And here is the newer one
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-sma... (2/5 so far, greninja being the pokemon from x/y and palutena being the other)

Edited on by Muyounosuke

Muyounosuke

Kewlan

Untitled
With custom parts, you can also change your fighter's hat and clothing.
You won’t be able to use Mii Fighters when you fight With Anyone online, but the plan is to enable this feature With Friends online.

I didn't know you could add clothes to your Mii! Even with Miis I was skeptical about it first, but they really did a good job.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

unrandomsam

I am glad they added Pacman (Better than Snake anyway). Did they add ms Pac Man as well for the gender equality angle ?

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

DreamyViridi

unrandomsam wrote:

I am glad they added Pacman (Better than Snake anyway). Did they add ms Pac Man as well for the gender equality angle ?

No. Not currently anyway. Personally, I don't see Ms. Pac happening as a alternate. Can definitely happen though or at the least, a trophy.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic