2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Caryslan

Yes, Yes! Pac-Man is in! Man, this is awesome. Who would have thought that 4 gaming's icons would all be in the same game

Be honest, who else is going to do a Mario vs Sonic vs Mega Man vs Pac-Man match the second they get this game?

I loved Pac-Man's moveset. It pays homage to Namco's classic arcade games from the 80's.

Caryslan

Klunk23

Caryslan wrote:

Yes, Yes! Pac-Man is in! Man, this is awesome. Who would have thought that 4 gaming's icons would all be in the same game

Be honest, who else is going to do a Mario vs Sonic vs Mega Man vs Pac-Man match the second they get this .

Unfortunately the only way that'll be possible is if all of those characters are unlocked from the start. But if that is the case then yeah, that's probably how the fist match with my friends is gonna go.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

Captain_Toad

@UGXXXWOLLLLF♪ ♪you owe me onnnneee♪

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

FriedSquid

Wow, I'm surprised to see Pac-Man made it but I guess the signs were all there from the beginning. I never cared for Pac-Man much, and didn't really support him for Smash, but now I realize how cute he is and how much I like him! I'm glad they were able to give him a good moveset, too.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink wrote:

For anyone wanting impressions from the players on the mechanics...
http://meleeiton.me/2014/06/10/invitational-impressions/

Nice to know that the Nintendo Reps are actually listening to the competitive players!

Wow, I read nothing but complaints on there. Because it wasn't the exact same thing as melee. I just can't get into competitive smash, man. No way.

Gridatttack

Spuratis wrote:

@Gridatttack Well, I can't find the particular tweet now, but it was on IGN in the comment sections I think. Or even possibly an article.

http://www.destructoid.com/pac-man-confirmed-for-super-smash-...

There's a link from destructoid saying he is in fact confirmed. Sorry I can't get the actual tweet, but I KNOW I saw one.. :/

Oh well, I need to be sure to see the tweet, as the tweet I posted, they were asking why gameXplain didn't said G&W was confirmed, and when you look at it, it might be true

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

MsJubilee

I just saw the smash bros footage that GameXplain uploaded and Mr.Game and watch was in it at 1:11. Why has it nintendo confirmed him yet im just waiting for that

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SparkOfSpirit

midnafanboy wrote:

I just saw the smash bros footage that GameXplain uploaded and Mr.Game and watch was in it at 1:11. Why has it nintendo confirmed him yet im just waiting for that

I guess people think Sakurai would go to so much trouble as to add a fan favorite character to a single trailer and then not put him in the final game.

He's in.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

iKhan

Who's head is that next to Mario's at the end of the Pac-Man trailer?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Muyounosuke

iKhan wrote:

/facepalm
Donkey kong

Muyounosuke

iKhan

Muyounosuke wrote:

iKhan wrote:

/facepalm
Donkey kong

Oooooh. I feel stupid now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Gridatttack

midnafanboy wrote:

Any link to the video?

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

iKhan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Actually, I get the kinda disappointment the people on the sub reddit seem to have after the invitational. Movement options/speed sounds kind of limited even though I didn't understand half the terms. The game is still in development though. Sakurai was scared it could still crash lol.

Well I don't think Sakurai should just make an HD melee. Melee already exists, so smash fans can play that. Each Smash game should be unique in its mechanics. People were upset with brawl not because it wasn't melee, but because it had blatantly uncompetitive mechanics, and if you ask me, was just plain more boring.

Henmii

I think its cool that there are 3 types of Mii's in this game. Also: Welcome Pacman, wacka wacka! And Palutena is not bad either. I guess Smash brothers never had this much females before. I still hope for Hades though.

Also, can I assume that Dark Pit and Mister Game and watch are as good as confirmed! Though Dark Pit may just be a alternate costume.

Henmii

Blast

Whoa. Pac-man looks awesome in this game!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Retro_on_theGo

THE SINGLE BEST MOMENT OF THE ENTIRE INVITATIONAL.
LOOK AT IT CAPCOM. LOOK AT THE BLATANT LOVE YOURE MISSING OUT ON!!!

iKhan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Actually, I get the kinda disappointment the people on the sub reddit seem to have after the invitational. Movement options/speed sounds kind of limited even though I didn't understand half the terms. The game is still in development though. Sakurai was scared it could still crash lol.

Well I don't think Sakurai should just make an HD melee. Melee already exists, so smash fans can play that. Each Smash game should be unique in its mechanics. People were upset with brawl not because it wasn't melee, but because it had blatantly uncompetitive mechanics, and if you ask me, was just plain more boring.

I agree. I want each entry to be it's own thing. I did hear a ton and ton of complaints about things wrong with brawl. Sakurai even admitted he thought it was unbalanced. Looks like this one is striking a reasonable balance between Brawl and Melee so personally, I'm happy. I'll still be picking this one up day one super hyped.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic