Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 8,141 to 8,160 of 13,972

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

8,141. Posted:

Maybe both Ice Climbers require a lot of graphical details where Luma is just a little star?

Anyway, I don't see the Ice Climbers being a problem in the 3DS version. They will probably come back... They just haven't announced them (if they even plan to announce them).

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

8,142. Posted:

Z64 wrote:

Do we know that Luma has no independent AI? I thought they worked in a similar way to the Ice Climbers, only with more 'independent' moves and ability to be further away from each other.

He has never said so outright. But in the Nintendo Direct he emphasizes that the player controls Lumas attacks while they are separated. And if you watch the footage the Luma never makes an attack unless Rosalina makes some kind of move. All the Luma does is wanter around back & forth.

"When the Luma is on its own it will wander around the stage & the player can control its attacks while its separated from Rosalina"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs&t=23m55s

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

8,143. Posted:

I don't see many cuts at all. Actually, I'm thinking the roster will be between 45-50 total. That's not a huge jump from Brawl, but it's enough for me.

Jigglypuff is never getting cut. Nobody from Smash 64 is ever getting cut. I would think that is obvious by now.

Mr. Game & Watch is important to Nintendo history and is one of the most unique characters. Cutting him is nonsensical.

Ice Climbers have been around since Melee and are popular with Smash fans. They also have a unique move-set. Again, cutting them makes no sense. Honestly, I think any character that made the jump from Melee to Brawl is a lock.

The only ones I'm up in the air on are the ones who debuted in Brawl. But even then, only Pokemon Trainer isn't coming back and other than R.O.B. there are no characters that could go either way. I dunno, I don't see many cuts at all.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

8,144. Posted:

I wouldn't say Pokemon Trained got cut. He just "evolved" into solo Charizard.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

8,145. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

I wouldn't say Pokemon Trained got cut. He just "evolved" into solo Charizard.

Pretty much, yeah.

Though I am willing to bet that Snake isn't coming back, I don't see many cuts this time. The only character that was cut and had a unique move-set was Mewtwo and apparently that was only because they ran out of time. Sakurai has had plenty of time for this one and probably had the characters locked in far in advance.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

8,146. Posted:

Since that happened, I fear that the roster will be flown with useless pokemon. :|

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

8,147. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Since that happened, I fear that the roster will be flown with useless pokemon. :|

Well, if Jigglypuff and Mewtwo return then there will be six individual pokemon. There were six individual pokemon in Brawl, too.

So it's not much different. :)

― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

8,148. Posted:

Unless Squirtle and Ivysaur return too.

PokePalooza!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,149. Posted:

My two cents on the roster: if Sakurai said he wanted to keep the roster size similar to Brawl's I think asking for anything above 45 is a little ridiculous. I believe there will be cuts, not many, but easily about 5 characters cut. Fill in that 5 with the 6 newcomers and you get 40 (39 - 5 = 34 + 6 = 40 in case it didnt make sense in wording) I'd say we could get 3 or 4 more newcomers, taking that number to at most 43/44. This is just my opinion and reasoning, of course, but I do feel that Sakurai making the roster 45+ would be too much of a jump from Brawl's.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

8,150. Posted:

I do think we will see a grass Pokemon and Jigglypuff. I think Mewtwo will be cut from the game but might appear in DLC, if DLC happens. I really hope Krystal replaces one of the Star Fox characters (not Fox obviously).

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

8,151. Posted:

I had a dream that Krystal was a newcomer, as weird as that sounds... Her final smash was a "girly" tank, which makes no sense, because we already know how overused the tank is.

I could see a few more Pokemon being thrown in.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,152. Posted:

No, we should only have one more Pokemon. I think any more than 5 from any one franchise is too much, especially for a large series like Pokemon. I don't like Jiggs much (at least as a Smash fighter!) but it's true that he'll be mostly likely to return. Mewtwo would have to be the second option, and while Sceptile would work, he doesn't deserve a place in the roster at all. If anything it would be Blaziken since he has a Mega Evolution and thus has become relevant again. Sceptile shouldn't be in just so we have a Grass starter, even less so since he's from the now-redundant third generation.

Ze Squidloggery

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

8,153. Posted:

No more Pokemon, I'm a fan of the series but they have enough representation at this point.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

8,154. Posted:

@Squid Sakurai never said he wanted to make the roster similar to Brawl's in size. This was a huge misinterpretation by the fan base. I've explained many times, by now what he did say about the roster, and the only thing he said about size reduction was that cuts will be made due to technical limitations. Quite the contrary, in fact,Sakurai said he would try to fit as many of the Brawl veterans as he could. Red is the only known removal, and add started, he essentially just became Charizard.

@Z64 Krystal may have greater Western popularity, but Wolf had better global popularity. Besides that, Adventures wad the only Star Fox he wasn't in. Krystal isn't likely to replace anyone.

Honestly the only cut that seems likely is Snake. ROB may get cut, but I can't think why they would. Ike may see the axe, too, but st that point, I think they'll see reason to keep him, unlike Roy.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Blast

8,155. Posted:

This is a question I have... imagine all those workers working on the game and their working on character designs. They start working on Fox and Falcon and Ice Climbers for the game....
I wonder if an employee ever says to others... "Um, it feels kinda weird to design Fox for Smash yet he still hasn't got his own game for a good while. What's up with that?"

I wonder if moments like that ever happen in development for Smash Bros....

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Blast

8,156. Posted:

Ohmygosh! Is this leaker the real deal?!

https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1

Edited on by WaLzgi

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

8,157. Posted:

No. Lol. That Choir Boy video is so bad it's not even funny. The Rainbow Road picture is obviously not real as well.

Edited on by WaLzgi

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,158. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Definitely not. Those all could have been easily 'shopped, especially Falco, who looks exactly as he did in Melee. Don't get me started on Choir Boy, he looks terribly fake.

Edited on by WaLzgi

Ze Squidloggery

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

8,159. Posted:

Why is it that they're having difficulties with adding Ice Climbers, yet Rosalina & Luma were easily put in?
Did they have Rosalina higher on their priority list? It just doesn't make sense... :|

EDIT: I meant to put this on the 3DS thread since that's where it's being applied to.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Blast

8,160. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Why is it that they're having difficulties with adding Ice Climbers, yet Rosalina & Luma were easily put in?
Did they have Rosalina higher on their priority list? It just doesn't make sense... :|

EDIT: I meant to put this on the 3DS thread since that's where it's being applied to.

Try to imagine multiple people playing as Ice Climbers on the 3DS top screen.... Doesn't the very idea sound chaotic?