Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,021 to 8,040 of 27,917

Randomname19

UGXwolf wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Lots of items From Mario and Zelda,I wonder if Myamoto asked Sakurai to include them.

Or perhaps they're just big series with a lot of things that Sakurai could use as items for Smash and that the average player will definitely recognize. That said, A boomerang is hardly a "Mario or Zelda item." It could just be a boomerang. I can't think of any boomerangs that get stronger with every hit, can you? Though, if you wanna get technical, you could argue that the color is the same as the boomerang in Mario Kart 8, but even then, where are the white stripes on each end?

it looks like a fusion of the Zelda boomerang and the Mario boomerang to me.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

Randomname19 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Lots of items From Mario and Zelda,I wonder if Myamoto asked Sakurai to include them.

Or perhaps they're just big series with a lot of things that Sakurai could use as items for Smash and that the average player will definitely recognize. That said, A boomerang is hardly a "Mario or Zelda item." It could just be a boomerang. I can't think of any boomerangs that get stronger with every hit, can you? Though, if you wanna get technical, you could argue that the color is the same as the boomerang in Mario Kart 8, but even then, where are the white stripes on each end?

it looks like a fusion of the Zelda boomerang and the Mario boomerang to me.

I definitely don't see it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

RR529

Actually, the boomerang from ALttP is completely blue. It doesn't get stronger with every throw though... (that said, items don't have to match up exactly with how they're used/represented in games. The Fire Bar has been changed from an obstacle to a battering item, and the Steel Diver sub is a gun...)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Z64

Well here it is with the white stripe

Untitled

So I imagine it's intended to be the Mario one.

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@BR529 Fair point. LttP slips my mind because it's not exactly one of my favorites, but you're entirely right. I don't think this is meant to be the same boomerang, though.

@Z64 But I don't see that stripe in the pic of the day. Maybe they flip the item horizontally, when it's thrown from the other direction? Or maybe that stripe appears after it hits someone to show that it's stronger.

Z64

UGXwolf wrote:

@Z64 But I don't see that stripe in the pic of the day. Maybe they flip the item horizontally, when it's thrown from the other direction? Or maybe that stripe appears after it hits someone to show that it's stronger.

Actually it is there, but it's obscured by the impact effect coming from Male Wii Fit Trainer. If you look carefully at the 'copies' created as part of the motion'effect, you can see the stripe. It's most noticeable on the one closest to the actual boomerang.

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@Z64 @AddADashofSalt I was assuming as much. As I said, the stripe is probably on the other side because the person throwing it is facing the other way. That said, what if the stripe appears on the side that hits the opponent to show that it has one hit racked up? Unlikely, I know, but it's a cool idea.

Mikes

Huh. I didn't expect the Pic of the Day to come at the moment. I remember I used to stay up every time until he posted the pictures. Now I don't remember when he usually does. Funny enough, I just finished getting in some Melee and Brawl practice.
As for the picture itself, it's nice. I hardly remembered that small detail.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Randomname19

Get ready for "When Mr.Resetti appears as an assist trophy Alfonzo takes his place" jokes

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

DreamyViridi

Randomname19 wrote:

Get ready for "When Mr.Resetti appears as an assist trophy Alfonzo takes his place" jokes

I don't think that's Resetti. The guy in the pic looks taller than him.
Animal Crossing fans! Can you confirm this?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

@SomeBitTripFan - Yeah, that's him. I don't play the games but I remember hearing about it. Thanks for that.
So yeah, no Alfonzo jokes!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

I hope at E3 Nintendo talk more about the GCN controller adapter price and that they will be producing GCN controllers again I mean.............
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Eel

DreamyViridi wrote:

@SomeBitTripFan - Yeah, that's him. I don't play the games but I remember hearing about it. Thanks for that.
So yeah, no Alfonzo jokes!

When Mr. Resetti is busy being an assist trophy his brother Don takes his place drinking coffee.
Don: "Leave it to me!"

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kewlan

@Jazzer94 Amazing gif. Period.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Melkac

I just wanted to ask this...
Am I the only one who thinks the graphics of the Wii U version look rather...undetailed? It is, in my opinion, one of the worst looking Wii U exclusives. Which is not good! It's Smash Bros! IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK FANTASTIC (ala Brawl, even if that one hasn't aged all that well. SD realistic graphics...)

Of course, this could be fixed in the next few months, between the 3DS's version release and the Wii U version's. Polishing the graphics during the last few months of development seems to be a thing with Nintendo nowadays (3D World and MK8 being the most recent examples)

Melkac

LzWinky

Melkac wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the graphics of the Wii U version look rather...undetailed? It is, in my opinion, one of the worst looking Wii U exclusives. Which is not good! It's Smash Bros! IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK FANTASTIC (ala Brawl, even if that one hasn't aged all that well. SD realistic graphics...)

Of course, this could be fixed in the next few months, between the 3DS's version release and the Wii U version's. Polishing the graphics during the last few months of development seems to be a thing with Nintendo nowadays (3D World and MK8 being the most recent examples)

It's subjective really. I on the other hand think the game looks fantastic

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Melkac

Unca_Lz wrote:

Melkac wrote:

Eh, it's definitely not the best looking Wii U game. The textures look really undetailed (just look at the "grass" texture on the screenshot up there) and the models look incredibly pointy for whatever reason. Again, i'm guessing this will be fixed when the game is released, since they're probably putting more effort on the 3DS version for now).

Melkac

Nintendo6400

Melkac wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Melkac wrote:

Eh, it's definitely not the best looking Wii U game. The textures look really undetailed (just look at the "grass" texture on the screenshot up there) and the models look incredibly pointy for whatever reason. Again, i'm guessing this will be fixed when the game is released, since they're probably putting more effort on the 3DS version for now).

if you're referring to the pic of the day the grass is supposed to look like that. It's an animal crossing stage.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic