Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,001 to 8,020 of 27,917

shingi_70

Man that screenshot shows how bland the new super Mario series is in the early levels.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Eel

DestinyMan wrote:

It's also nice to see another stage actually from a Wii U game. I know Wii U is relatively new, but I feel there's a bit too many stages based on Wii games. All there is from Wii U games are Pikmin 3, Sonic: Lost World, and now New Super Mario Bros. U. When looking at the 3DS version, it seems like almost every major Nintendo game on 3DS has a stage in Smash Bros. 3DS.

As I mention several pages ago, it is easier for them to add things from the previous console because they already have the designs waiting to be reused. Both the WiiU and 3DS have been out for a respectable amount of time, but the 3DS has been out for longer time than the WiiU, so that gives it nice chances of getting more representation than the DS (it also looks better to use 3DS graphics on a 3DS game).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shingi_70

DestinyMan wrote:

It's also nice to see another stage actually from a Wii U game. I know Wii U is relatively new, but I feel there's a bit too many stages based on Wii games. All there is from Wii U games are Pikmin 3, Sonic: Lost World, and now New Super Mario Bros. U. When looking at the 3DS version, it seems like almost every major Nintendo game on 3DS has a stage in Smash Bros. 3DS.

That's the thing about smash bros, you'd think that the game itself would do a better job at advertising all of Nintendo's games on the two most current systems or the most recent games in a series. You'd think that they want to reflect the most current stuff. (My guess is the new link and Zelda model are going to be what we see in the the new Zelda game).

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

May_Nyan

shingi_70 wrote:

Man that screenshot shows how bland the new super Mario series is in the early levels.

It doesn't look bland to me... I like the art style and background

May_Nyan

Captain_Toad

May_Nyan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Heh, i second that, at least for smash 4. This NSMBU artsyle works surprisingly well.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Z64

I've actually always felt the opposite way. I don't really like Smash Bros.' focus on the most recent stuff, especially this time around where it seems a lot more prominent.

Nintendo have such a rich history and I'd kill for the likes of an Advance Wars stage or a Minish Cap stage (like it could be in a pot with the giant Chu Chu in the background). There's so many great opportunities, but we get the likes of the (in my opinion) uninspired Gerudo Valley because it showcases OoT 3D, a recent release.

That's not to say they ignore their old stuff entirely. I for one adore the Balloon Fight stage on the 3DS version, but I don't know, I think I'd just like Smash Bros. to feel a little more timeless.

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Captain_Toad wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Heh, i second that, at least for smash 4. This NSMBU artsyle works surprisingly well.

I really like it as well nice vibrant feel to it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo6400

Henmii wrote:

@UGXwolf,

That's the one I meant!

For the people that don't know what I was talking about: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/%E2%9C%AA-super-smash-bros-...

Its about a "leaked" character roster.

Oh that leak ya we already talked about that last week. Some guy admitted to faking it on this forum but he has yet to prove it. I think it's fake. If you go back like 10 to 15 pages you might find that discussion.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

The point is that no one here believes the leak and whether for attention or because he's bored of his joke, someone even claimed to have made the fake. Even so, it's a good conversation piece for a roster. I even made a suggested roster out of it. (Just keep in mind, if you find it, that it's based more on what I want to see or think fits the series than popular opinion. It's also built to coincide with the "leak," which is why Ridley's on it.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Just one week until the next big Smash Bros. presentation next Tuesday night!

Seriously?! Somebody, pinch me!! I must be dreaming!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Kewlan

Will Nintendo talk about other stuff except Smash?
I feel so unhyped for everything else, but I hope they bring us some nice news!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

Will Nintendo talk about other stuff except Smash?
I feel so unhyped for everything else, but I hope they bring us some nice news!

Of course they will. Do you actually think the entire Nintendo Treehouse and Digital Event will focus so hard on Smash when there's a presentation set aside for it? They probably won't even say much about it during the Digital Event. Just tell you to tune in on Tuesday for all the news you can handle.

The_Ninja

I dont live in the U.S. But even I was, I wouldn't do it anyways.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Uncle_Franklin

Z64 wrote:

I've actually always felt the opposite way. I don't really like Smash Bros.' focus on the most recent stuff, especially this time around where it seems a lot more prominent.

Nintendo have such a rich history and I'd kill for the likes of an Advance Wars stage or a Minish Cap stage (like it could be in a pot with the giant Chu Chu in the background). There's so many great opportunities, but we get the likes of the (in my opinion) uninspired Gerudo Valley because it showcases OoT 3D, a recent release.

That's not to say they ignore their old stuff entirely. I for one adore the Balloon Fight stage on the 3DS version, but I don't know, I think I'd just like Smash Bros. to feel a little more timeless.

That there still hasn't been a Super Mario Bros. 3 stage (Airship would be good) seems a bizarre omission to me.

Uncle_Franklin

2Sang

I'm going to camp out overnight in Saratoga, NY to get one of those coins. For reggie's sake, Smash may be the only thing that makes the wii u even remotely worth buying for me, but man is it hyping me. As long as Shadow doesn't get in with his gun, there's a very good chance I'll be buying a wii u even if it is just for smash bros.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Randomname19

Lots of items From Mario and Zelda,I wonder if Myamoto asked Sakurai to include them.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

Randomname19 wrote:

Lots of items From Mario and Zelda,I wonder if Myamoto asked Sakurai to include them.

Or perhaps they're just big series with a lot of things that Sakurai could use as items for Smash and that the average player will definitely recognize. That said, A boomerang is hardly a "Mario or Zelda item." It could just be a boomerang. I can't think of any boomerangs that get stronger with every hit, can you? Though, if you wanna get technical, you could argue that the color is the same as the boomerang in Mario Kart 8, but even then, where are the white stripes on each end?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic