Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,741 to 7,760 of 27,917

May_Nyan

Already confirmed to be a boss, too big to be a fighter.

May_Nyan

UGXwolf

May_Nyan wrote:

As much as I really doubt Ridley's going to be playable, that's no longer a legitimate argument. Sakurai himself said that size and scale doesn't actually matter. Besides, Ridley isn't confirmed to be a boss, yet. All we saw was a shadow and an implication. No actual reveal. It seems odd that Sakurai is being so indirect about it. I can only assume there's more to it than he's letting on.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

May_Nyan

UGXwolf wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

As much as I really doubt Ridley's going to be playable, that's no longer a legitimate argument. Sakurai himself said that size and scale doesn't actually matter. Besides, Ridley isn't confirmed to be a boss, yet. All we saw was a shadow and an implication. No actual reveal. It seems odd that Sakurai is being so indirect about it. I can only assume there's more to it than he's letting on.

Possibly just that there are multiple versions of the Ridley boss...

May_Nyan

UGXwolf

May_Nyan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

Possibly just that there are multiple versions of the Ridley boss...

It's hard to say. What we do know for sure, though, is that he did show Ridley and no one else. Not even Meta Ridley. There's no doubting that was, in fact, Ridley. The wings don't match any other form of him, so we'll see what happens. Maybe at E3, he'll reveal whatever he refused to reveal during the Direct.

WrappedInBlack

OK, I'm bored so I'm telling the truth now. I made the "CSS" and got a friend to post stuff about it on 4chan which I myself normally don't use. Why? to see what would happen. Especially on Gamefaqs. However right b4 news of the pic hit Gamefaqs I was suspended so my plan failed.

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Nintendo6400

WrappedInBlack wrote:

OK, I'm bored so I'm telling the truth now. I made the "CSS" and got a friend to post stuff about it on 4chan which I myself normally don't use. Why? to see what would happen. Especially on Gamefaqs. However right b4 news of the pic hit Gamefaqs I was suspended so my plan failed.

Can you prove this? Can you post another picture of the screen from another perspective?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

WrappedInBlack

Nintendo6400 wrote:

WrappedInBlack wrote:

Can you prove this? Can you post another picture of the screen from another perspective?

or you know post the original... yeah but not yet.. I still wanna see what happens for a lil bit more, you know seeing as how I wanted to see what this does to gamefaqs... which was my main smash board.

Edited on by WrappedInBlack

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

Size doesn't matter. Proportionality does. Look at Ridley, most the space his character model takes up is wings, head, and tail. This makes creating a good scaled size for him is pretty much impossible. If you bring the size of his wings and head to scale with the smash roster, his body will scaled too small. If they scale his body to scale with the smash roster, his wings and head will be too big.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

If Ridley gets added, good for him. If not, oh well. I don't particularly care either way

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

The leak is clearly fake. In one of the pictures, the "C" is different in Sonic than it is in Little Mac. Unless Sakurai hired Capcom as proofreaders, there's no way this mistake would be made. Would love for there to be 50 characters though.
EDIT: Here's the picture.
http://a51274b2bfd36c9eba6f-b2cc59e0ef85511aa5ed3ad88986348d....

I don't think anyone actually thought the roster was real, anyways. It's just a great place to start for speculation and not a bad concept in the least.

Orngeblu

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Official or fan-made? I think it's fan made but it still looks pretty cool.

Official; it came from Sakurai's twitter apparently.

http://www.onefinalsmash.com/

Speculation, guys?

If you can think of any "demons" from a Nintendo game, do tell. The effects sound kind of gruesome, too; I can't wait to see who this is. Perhaps something from Soul Calibur? I don't know.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

Unless Sakurai hired Capcom as proofreaders, there's no way this mistake would be made.

LOL

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

UGXwolf wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

The leak is clearly fake. In one of the pictures, the "C" is different in Sonic than it is in Little Mac. Unless Sakurai hired Capcom as proofreaders, there's no way this mistake would be made. Would love for there to be 50 characters though.

I don't think anyone actually thought the roster was real, anyways. It's just a great place to start for speculation and not a bad concept in the least.

True. If there are really 50 characters, that would be pretty awesome. On a side note, I just realized how much of a wasted opportunity my previous post was for an Ace Attorney style post.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

camerica1618

iKhan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

Size doesn't matter. Proportionality does. Look at Ridley, most the space his character model takes up is wings, head, and tail. This makes creating a good scaled size for him is pretty much impossible. If you bring the size of his wings and head to scale with the smash roster, his body will scaled too small. If they scale his body to scale with the smash roster, his wings and head will be too big.

This. I totally agree with this. While Ridley might be cool, I simply can't imagine how he'd fit with the other fighters. If Sakurai can figure out a way then good, but I doubt it.

camerica1618

MonocledMetroid

"Official; it came from Sakurai's twitter apparently.

Speculation, guys?

If you can think of any "demons" from a Nintendo game, do tell. The effects sound kind of gruesome, too; I can't wait to see who this is. Perhaps something from Soul Calibur? I don't know."

Well, Ganon's minions and other Zelda foes tend to be called demons(although I believe that was only in Japan until Skyward Sword was released), but considering it says "coming to Nintendo", it seems like its some sort of third party character.

Edited on by MonocledMetroid

MonocledMetroid

Randomname19

IceClimbers wrote:

The c is different because Sonic is trademarked so Nintendo is forced to write Sonic's name in the same way of the trademark

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

May_Nyan

MonocledMetroid wrote:

"Official; it came from Sakurai's twitter apparently.

Speculation, guys?

If you can think of any "demons" from a Nintendo game, do tell. The effects sound kind of gruesome, too; I can't wait to see who this is. Perhaps something from Soul Calibur? I don't know."

Well, Ganon's minions and other Zelda foes tend to be called demons(although I believe that was only in Japan until Skyward Sword was released), but considering it says "coming to Nintendo", it seems like its some sort of third party character.

It's very easy to check and see that it isn't on Sakurai's twitter: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai

May_Nyan

Eel

Also, Nintendo doesn't really make these kind of omg super darkz flash video site teaser things to reveal characters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

Geez, ruin all of my fun, why don't ya.

But no, in all seriousness, I see no reason not to have some fun with this. The countdown leads to the 11th. Not the 10th. This is intriguing as most of the conferences for E3 are on the 9th and most of Nintendo's are on the 10th. Weren't they planning on doing the Smash interview on the 11th, though?

And official or not, who do you think it could be about? Note that it said "mercenary" and not "assassin" so they definitely aren't prodding at Ezio or anyone that handles most of their fighting from the shadows. This count down seems very reminiscent of something Namco has done in the past. Maybe it's a Namco rep other than Pac-man or Lloyd? I suppose Kratos fits the description, but I think another character might be better suited/more prominent. Anyone from the Soul Calibur or Tekken series come to mind for any of you?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic