Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,701 to 7,720 of 27,917

May_Nyan

Blast wrote:

I don't think Chrom has a chance of joining the roster. He might be a alternate skin for Marth. Bayonetta might be a alternate skin for Zero Suit Samus, too. And Lucina has a somewhat good shot of joining the roster.

It makes absolutely no sense to have characters as costumes. Costumes are for alternate appearances of the same character. Characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Villager are exceptions because they are versions of the same character.

May_Nyan

iKhan

What chances would you give your most wanted newcomers?
For me:
Lloyd Irving: 30%
Aeron: 1%
Shulk: 40%
Ghirahim: 20%
Bowser Jr.: 15%
Wreck-it-Ralph: 1%

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Z64

Ridley: 0%
Klonoa: 20%
Chrom/Lucina: 50%
Avatar/Robin: 55% (now Ike's been revealed)
Ghirahim: 20%
Krystal: 40%
Isaac: 20%
Mewtwo: 15%
Captain Rainbow: 15%
Commander Kahn: 5%

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

Caryslan

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hmmm... Realistically... I only see Ice Climbers, Falcon, Ganon, Mr. Game & Watch, and Wario coming back. Maybe Falco? MAYBE on him.

I can't imagine Ness coming back...

Ness is one of the most iconic Smash Bros fighters he has a much higher chance of returning then fighters like Wario and Mr. Game & Watch.

@Z64 Yeah it's Ike from Radiant Dawn.

Wario is a much more popular and important character than Ness, he would get the nod over him. With that said, I would not be concerned about those three. They are pretty much givens to come back

The only Brawl Characters that I think are on the fence are Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake.

All the others are pretty much safe in my opinion.

Caryslan

UGXwolf

Caryslan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hmmm... Realistically... I only see Ice Climbers, Falcon, Ganon, Mr. Game & Watch, and Wario coming back. Maybe Falco? MAYBE on him.

Ness is one of the most iconic Smash Bros fighters he has a much higher chance of returning then fighters like Wario and Mr. Game & Watch.

Wario is a much more popular and important character than Ness, he would get the nod over him. With that said, I would not be concerned about those three. They are pretty much givens to come back

The only Brawl Characters that I think are on the fence are Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake.

As I've said before, I think Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Wario may as well be 100% guaranteed to join. Even beyond that, Metaknight, Falco, Ice Climbers, and Game&Watch are also shoe-ins. Lucas, ROB, and Wolf may have some explaining to do, but I'd rate them more likely to return than to be replaced, and Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle may as well be confirmed to not return.

Huh. I didn't realize, when I wrote that at first, but that's all unconfirmed veterans from Brawl. XD For the record, I really don't see any Melee veterans returning, but aside for Mewtwo, that's really a given, anyways.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

Caryslan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

No not Wolf D: Wolf has to stay.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Ike Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U comparison:
Untitled

Hot dayum.

Big change from Brawl to Smash 4. I think his redesign came from Radiant Dawn?

By the way:

http://www.onefinalsmash.com/

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

2Sang

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Caryslan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I believe that nobody will get cut aside from those who are beyond Sakurai's control ie; Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I bet everyone else returns.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Caryslan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Caryslan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

To be fair, I'll take Wolf off the list.

Since Ike, Toon Link, and Lucario made it back, I honestly don't see Wolf being in that much danger of being cut anymore. The only real thing that he has against him, is that Star Fox is a less notable Nintendo franchise then it was back when brawl was in development. But, I don't see that being enough to cut his chances, especially given his popularity.

Besides, I don't want to see him get cut. Wolf was one of the main characters that I used in Brawl.

Caryslan

Caryslan

2Sang wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Caryslan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I believe that nobody will get cut aside from those who are beyond Sakurai's control ie; Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I bet everyone else returns.

Sakurai seems determined to not cut anyone from the roster if he can help it. The fact that Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link made it back proves that.

Which is something I agree with all the way. Nothing annoys me more than fighting games that cut characters from game to game. Alot of the reason why I dislike Street Fighter III is due to that. Unless you were a fan of Ryu, Ken, Akuma, or Chun-Li you were screwed. Play M. Bison, Guy or Vega in Street Fighter II or Alpha? Well, you're out of luck!

Another game like that was Marvel vs Capcom 3, that while being a good game cut alot of characters that were in the previous game. We somehow got 5 Resident Evil characters, but Captain Commando, Mega Man, or even some more Street Fighter characters were good enough to make the cut.

One of the reason why I like Virtua Fighter is because they refuse to cut characters from the roster. Only one character was ever cut, and even that was due to changes in the gameplay. They eventually added him back in.

That's why I'm happy with what I have seen so far with Smash 4. There will be cuts, but for the most part, Sakurai is trying to keep most of Brawl's roster intact.

For me, that's awesome. I would have likely enjoyed the game even if Ike had been cut, but the return of my main means I can still use him alongside new characters like Little Mac and Mega Man!

That's the thing people need to keep in mind when they keep demanding cuts. Even characters like ROB and Jigglypuff have their fans who play them. Removing those characters cuts those players out and removes a character that they loved to play. That is why I appreciate Sakurai's efforts so far. Hopefully, almost everyone from Brawl(and maybe Melee) will come back in Smash 4!

Caryslan

Budda

Untitled

What do you think about that "leak"?
I highly doubt this is real. Looks too weird. lol

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

UGXwolf

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Untitled

Well, analyzing the picture, the first thing that comes to mind is "dang, that's a lot of unlockables." Followed by "Wario confirmed." After that, I counted up the rows, and assuming the bottom right is "RANDOM" that means this roster implies 50 characters. Now time to try and fill it in.

First row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, Wario, DK, Diddy, K. Rool or Dixie?, Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal?
Second row: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Captain Olimar, Pit, Palutena?, Villager, (speculating), Captain Falcon?, Mr. Game & Watch?, ROB?, Ice Climbers?, two more newcomers? Takamaru or something of the like?
Third row: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo?, Marth, Ike, Chrom, Ness, Lucas, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Sonic, Mega Man, Pacman? or Lloyd?, "RANDOM"

I'm willing to bet this is fake, but it gives us a good idea of what to expect. I also like that the three franchises with five characters (six?) are all the way to the left. If nothing else, this screen gets me super hyped. I would be happy if this was what the roster was really like.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

If this is true it might just be the amount of characters you will be able to play as at Best Buy. The reason why I think this list doesn't have all the announced characters is because they might be still deciding who to make playable for E3 and Best Buy. But again this is only a hunch on weather or not the screen shot is true. Although I do hope that this screen is kinda true. I would love there to be 50 playable characters.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Eel

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Untitled

Previous games had the decency and good sense of not having the character selection screen all filled with "Unlock me!" Spaces in random spots, the character selection screen changed and adapted to include new characters.

So it is very likely that this one will be similar

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

Man, can't these people who take these pictures stand up straight, cause they're always tilted these pictures ;3

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Budda

@DestinyMan
I'd say he is still locked.

@Moorpheel
I don't know. It could very well be an early build or something.
Could very well turn out like Mario Kart, where unlockable characters are question marks if you have unlocked others.

I don't understand why someone would do such effort for this. Especially E3 is coming soon. More infos how to fake this more plausible. :3

plrichard

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Untitled

Unfortunately, I think this is just a really bad fake. First of all, in the picture on the right there are two player 3's. In the picture on the left there's a player 1 coin on Marth, but Marth's portrait is next to player number 3's portrait slot.

I hope the number of players is accurate though because that'd be the best thing ever.

plrichard

Budda

@plrichard
They probably meant to be CPU and the number 3 is probably their level. ;P

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic