Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,661 to 7,680 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Azooooz wrote:

I haven't played FE: Awakening, but what's so special about Chrom? and is he different from Marth?

He's the main character, and has a really cool personality. I feel like he and Lukina were really well written.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

May_Nyan

I think it would be disappointing if Chrom or even Lucina are the only Fire Emblem Newcomers... Fire Emblem has a lot of diversity and it would just be three of the same type of character
They need to add a mage!

May_Nyan

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

Just because Ike is in, DOES NOT mean Chrom still doesn't have a chance!

I remember when everyone said Ike was gonna get cut, guess he showed them no sympathy ;3

(Though, I would rather have Frederick personally)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

UGXwolf

May_Nyan wrote:

I think it would be disappointing if Chrom or even Lucina are the only Fire Emblem Newcomers... Fire Emblem has a lot of diversity and it would just be three of the same type of character
They need to add a mage!

Mages are a small subset of fighters. Zelda, Ness, and Ganondorf cover it decently, for the most part. Why not have more characters that are unique through their fighting style than characters that can cast spells? Besides, I don't think we'll see more than three FE reps, but hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, right?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kewlan

Doesn't Chrom and Lucina fight exactly like Marth? If that's the case, then there's no reason to add them too...
Unless they pull a Fox, Falco, Wolf thing here.

A mage from Fire Emblem would be cool, but that would most likely only happen if one of the main characters were a mage.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Internet logic dictates that having both of anything is impossible

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Azooooz

Don't forget: Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger contest submission ends on 22-05-2014. Here's how to participate:
Untitled

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Budda

@Azooooz
The submission starts on the 22 May.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

MegaStoneSmash91

I love that Ike is back, and his new design looks excellent. It's been said plenty of times now, but Chrom still has a chance. People are jumping to conclusions the same way they did when Lucario returned. I'm not a fan of the series, nor have I played anything from the series other than the Awakening demo, but I do like the FE representation in Smash Bros. Chrom seems like a great character to have. One of my friends is almost a Fire Emblem expert, and he's given me plenty of evidence that Chrom wouldn't be just a clone of Marth or Ike.

On the subject of cutting characters, I pretty much agree with UGXwolf's thoughts. Even without Sakurai outright saying something about it, there weren't many cuts likely. A good number of the characters introduced in Brawl are major, important franchise characters who deserve to be there,

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Nintendo6400

Wow I really thought Ike would get cut along with toon link and Lucario. Oh well as long as he's not as cheap as he was in brawl I'll be fine. PS Wolf better make this game again.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Shirma_Akayaku

@MrWalkieTalkie LOL!!! What the heck!! That really made my day! Thank you!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Blast

I don't think Chrom has a chance of joining the roster. He might be a alternate skin for Marth. Bayonetta might be a alternate skin for Zero Suit Samus, too. And Lucina has a somewhat good shot of joining the roster.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Mickey

Whelp, there goes any hope of a female character replacing Ike or Marth and me watching The Internet proceed to devolve into the repugnant & sexist mess it truly is.

And I had my vantage point (for watching The Internet burn) all set up, too...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Jazzer94

I kinda like Ike more so Im okay with this.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Z64

A surprising reveal today. I honestly didn't expect Ike to return, like most of us I thought he'd go the way of Roy and be replaced with a more recent Fire Emblem character.

I'm certain we'll see a third Fire Emblem representative though. As people have previously said, Fire Emblem: Awakening is an extremely significant and popular entry in the series. Just because Melee and Brawl had 2 reps, doesn't mean the new game will cap the FE series at two reps. It makes a lot of sense that an Awakening character join the roster, especially considering there's even a FE:A stage in the 3DS version.

The problem with Ike's reveal isn't regarding the number of FE reps, it's about the type. If Chrom was brought into the game, we'd have 3 blue-haired sword wielders who all look very similar, and have similar fighting styles. Even Lucina - though FE's first female smash rep - is still pretty much identical to Chrom and Marth in appearance and style. It would be cool to see a Mage or Knight, or someone who wields a Lance, but Chrom/Lucina aren't really the ones who fit that role.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm expecting Avatar to show up...somehow.

Z64

Nintendo Network ID: Zabba64 | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Z64 wrote:

A surprising reveal today. I honestly didn't expect Ike to return, like most of us I thought he'd go the way of Roy and be replaced with a more recent Fire Emblem character.

I'm certain we'll see a third Fire Emblem representative though. As people have previously said, Fire Emblem: Awakening is an extremely significant and popular entry in the series. Just because Melee and Brawl had 2 reps, doesn't mean the new game will cap the FE series at two reps. It makes a lot of sense that an Awakening character join the roster, especially considering there's even a FE:A stage in the 3DS version.

The problem with Ike's reveal isn't regarding the number of FE reps, it's about the type. If Chrom was brought into the game, we'd have 3 blue-haired sword wielders who all look very similar, and have similar fighting styles. Even Lucina - though FE's first female smash rep - is still pretty much identical to Chrom and Marth in appearance and style. It would be cool to see a Mage or Knight, or someone who wields a Lance, but Chrom/Lucina aren't really the ones who fit that role.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm expecting Avatar to show up...somehow.

I'm starting to agree with this, the Tacticians would even go the way of the Villager and WFT and include both genders as alternatives. Able to use both magic and swords, I've already seen decent fan-made movesets!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SuperPokefan95

Z64 wrote:

Same here. Since Robin can use all the weapons, I think they could pull of a move set for him/her no problem. I want Chrom in pretty badly but if it came down to a different non-sword wielding character from FE, (of the ones I've played at least) Robin doesn't seem to farfetched.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

iKhan

Ike's reveal weakens the chances of all other JRPG swordsmen, not just chrom. One of the thing Sakurai definitely wants to take into account is cast diversity, so the chances of Shulk, Aeron, Zael, Chrom, and Lloyd have all weakened.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Orngeblu

Damn, Ike looks badass.

AND EVERYONE THOUGHT HE WAS LIKELY GOING TO BE REPLACED BY CHROM!

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic