Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,421 to 7,440 of 27,917

CM30

Yeah. I said it before and I'll say it again. Forget Smash Run, forget the Subspace Emissary, forget Adventure Mode, what we really need is an official equivalent to Mushroom Kingdom Fusion to act as the next Smash Bros single player:

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Nintendo6400

CM30 wrote:

Yeah. I said it before and I'll say it again. Forget Smash Run, forget the Subspace Emissary, forget Adventure Mode, what we really need is an official equivalent to Mushroom Kingdom Fusion to act as the next Smash Bros single player:

I think smash run is as close as we're going to get.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Blast

The Wii U exclusive feature will undoubtedly be awesome.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

I'm not crazy, and I'm not the only that thinks/sees this, but Zelda looks like she has Ganondorf/Possessed Zelda-like skin and hair color in those pics. It could be just the lighting or the overhead bars, though.
Untitled

Potential skin. Noted.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

Sweet a new king of the hill stage has been born, Kongo Jungle can now be retired.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Blast

Wouldn't the strategy to defeat Little Mac is to goad him to the corner of a stage like Final Destination then kick him out? Apparently his Aerial Recovery is horrible.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

Wouldn't the strategy to defeat Little Mac is to goad him to the corner of a stage like Final Destination then kick him out? Apparently his Aerial Recovery is horrible.

Yes, but no. A good player will likely be wise to this trick and either ignore falling into it or bring the hear, when they come. Relying on them to not know what you're trying to do is a weak strategy.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Budda

Blast wrote:

It's not like there were/are no other character that have bad recovery. There are Samus, Link and Luigi for example.
I think you can use a move to recover horizontally like Luigi. His neutral special or side special maybe. :3

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

Anyone playing as Little Mac will practice staying on the ground though so it won't be an easy tactic to initiate.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Blast wrote:

It's not like there were/are no other character that have bad recovery. There are Samus, Link and Luigi for example.
I think you can use a move to recover horizontally like Luigi. His neutral special or side special maybe. :3

Green Missile - Side B. Mac could probably use his Side B too. What was it, the Haymaker?
As for Mac, well saying a strategy is easy. It's actually doing it that's hard.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

The_Ninja

Little Mac is so OP.... He'll be an SS tier for sure.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Orngeblu

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

I'm not crazy, and I'm not the only that thinks/sees this, but Zelda looks like she has Ganondorf/Possessed Zelda-like skin and hair color in those pics. It could be just the lighting or the overhead bars, though.
Untitled

Don't see it.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

DudeSean

So, I'm pretty sure that none of the locked characters have been announced yet nor will they be announced before the game's release, with the exception of maybe Sonic and Mega Man. But, I think it might even be possible for Sonic and Mega Man to be unlocked from the beginning and there could be other Sonic / Mega Man characters in the game that are unlocked, such as Tails, Knuckles, Proto Man or Bass. My reason for thinking this is: they still have not announced Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff or Ness, all of which are traditionally locked characters. Sakurai did announce Luigi, who is also traditionally locked, but said that he was just announced to go along with the Year of Luigi. So, I don't know if that means that Luigi will or will not be locked.

That being said, that could mean that there's still quite a few characters in the game that we don't know about. It could a lot of returning characters, like Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Ganondorf, etc. But surely there would be new characters to be unlocked, too, so I think that opens up the door for some surprise characters. So, besides returning characters, who else could be new that hasn't been announced yet? Palutena could be. I'm not sure if she'll be announced at E3 or if she'll be a locked character. I'm sure we'll still get a few more characters reveals before release, most likely at E3.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Joeynator3000

Ugh, wished it was June already....wanna play Smash, and see E3...
and buy Garden Warfare, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nintendo6400

DudeSean wrote:

So, I'm pretty sure that none of the locked characters have been announced yet nor will they be announced before the game's release, with the exception of maybe Sonic and Mega Man. But, I think it might even be possible for Sonic and Mega Man to be unlocked from the beginning and there could be other Sonic / Mega Man characters in the game that are unlocked, such as Tails, Knuckles, Proto Man or Bass. My reason for thinking this is: they still have not announced Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff or Ness, all of which are traditionally locked characters. Sakurai did announce Luigi, who is also traditionally locked, but said that he was just announced to go along with the Year of Luigi. So, I don't know if that means that Luigi will or will not be locked.

That being said, that could mean that there's still quite a few characters in the game that we don't know about. It could a lot of returning characters, like Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Ganondorf, etc. But surely there would be new characters to be unlocked, too, so I think that opens up the door for some surprise characters. So, besides returning characters, who else could be new that hasn't been announced yet? Palutena could be. I'm not sure if she'll be announced at E3 or if she'll be a locked character. I'm sure we'll still get a few more characters reveals before release, most likely at E3.

There have actually been plenty of announced characters that have become a Unlockable in the past such as Marth, Toon Link, and Lucario.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Joeynator3000

Yeah I highly doubt all of the characters we know about will be unlocked right from the beginning. We might get like, what...half of them or something? I dunno.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

cookiex

Mizore wrote:

Yeah I highly doubt all of the characters we know about will be unlocked right from the beginning. We might get like, what...half of them or something? I dunno.

If it's like Brawl then Mega Man and Sonic would both be locked.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MegaStoneSmash91

I wonder if any characters that were previously unlockable will be "upgraded" to starter characters. Ones like Luigi and Marth have been around long enough as secret characters that they aren't so secret anymore, especially since we already know they're in the new games. Mega Man and Sonic I could easily see being unlockable to continue what Brawl did and because they're special.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Randomname19

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I wonder if any characters that were previously unlockable will be "upgraded" to starter characters. Ones like Luigi and Marth have been around long enough as secret characters that they aren't so secret anymore, especially since we already know they're in the new games. Mega Man and Sonic I could easily see being unlockable to continue what Brawl did and because they're special.

Agreed

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic