Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,401 to 7,420 of 27,917

SomeBitTripFan

@Guitardude7: Maybe it's taking out what makes Smash Bros Smash Bros to you, but not everyone comes into the game looking for the same thing. People are given the option to play Smash as they like it. If they are looking for chaotic matches, they use items. If they want to show their mastery of their character, they play on Final Destination with items off. I started off playing with items, but I've come to prefer No Item, Final Destination matches. Do I always play that way? No, I don't. I'll play Smash how I want to at a given moment, and you can play Smash however you want to. Saying that there is a specific way to play Smash is going against the very idea behind it, playing it as you like it. Sakurai didn't give us those options just so he could delay the game. He realized people introduce their own rules, much like Monopoly. You'll find hardly anyone plays Monopoly "correctly", but we all enjoy it and play by the rules of the table. Likewise, how people play Smash just depends on the table.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

LzWinky

Well again, tournaments should not be won based mostly on random events.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

Tournaments, yes. Tournaments are there to find the most skilled player. Competitive play? I beg to differ. I doesn't seem fun to me, if the most skilled player wins every single time. Again, the randomness of Smash should be toned down, but not entirely removed. The weaker player should still stand a chance, regardless, but I just think it's kind of a douchey ideal, anyways. Reeks of the "only the strong will survive" mentality.

On that note, I also consider ledge guarding to be among the least sporting of common practices. Chasing is fine, but it's when you sit there as Ike and charge your standard B until they try to recover that just seems like it's being particularly mean. I dunno. I've always been taught not to kick people when they're down, but I don't expect this practice to go anywhere because it's a legitimate part of the game, and if you aren't doing everything in your power to win, you shouldn't be playing competitively.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

@Guitardude7 You do realise that competitive players play on more stages then FD, also MK isn't banned anymore, a lot of competitive players also play casual matches for fun where they use all items (well except smash balls in my case as I think that they are an unbalanced mess in Brawl) just because we like to see how good we are at the game doesn't mean we don't like having fun as well.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MegaStoneSmash91

It seems that the old "to each their own" saying would fit right in here. I love playing Smash for both competitive and casual reasons. I'd never enter a tournament, but I do take the game seriously most of the time. I play with items a lot, but I also have some matches without them when the mood strikes me, or if I'm out to prove something. Let the people play competitively if they want. Let the people play on the most chaotic and random settings if they want. Both ways of enjoying the game have their positives, and isn't enjoying the game the most important part of playing it?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

Untitled
"Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling."

And another one.
Untitled
"Pic of the day. This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there's no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge."

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

So yes, Dillion can help out in brawls. Awesome. I'm glad Dillion's acknowledged in this game. He may not be playable like some may have wanted, but better Assist Trophy than nothing.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DefHalan

It is cool to see Dillon in the game. I was hoping him to be in the game but was afraid he would be a slow clone of Sonic. At least he is an Assist Trophy

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

I personally feel this is the second best way they could represent him. The best would be this and a stage on 3DS. I don't feel that he needs a playable slot to feel the love, here. I would be inclined to suggest that we'll get a Rolling Western stage, but then I saw Gerudo Valley and went "Neh, close enough. I doubt they'll make two desert stages like that. Least not in the 3DS version.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

2Sang

eh. Kind of wanted him as a character, but an assist will suffice for me. Still haven't beaten the game yet though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Jazzer94

At least he is included in the game in some meaningful way so I'm happy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MrWalkieTalkie

DreamyViridi wrote:

Untitled
"Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling."

And another one.
Untitled
"Pic of the day. This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there's no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge."

Aw well, at least he's getting involved somehow.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DreamyViridi

@Guitardude7 - I agree. We know at this point that Smash 4's Adventure Mode won't be like SSE with a big story but there may still be a story (maybe per character, but that's wishful thinking). I certainly hope it'll be bigger than Melee's Adventure Mode because I felt Melee's Adventure was just a modified Classic Mode.
I think my main gripe (or nitpick rather, either way) with Melee's Adventure was that it was the same thing for each character, it's fun to play but could get a bit stale with multiple playthroughs and that's only an issue due to how short it is.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Randomname19

Am I the only one that wants more characters,stages,songs,items,etc. instead of a story mode?

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Nintendo6400

DestinyMan wrote:

I was hoping Smash Run in Smash Bros. 3DS was going to be like what I and others envisioned like separate Nintendo worlds where you fight enemies known to that world like Goombas and Koopa Troopas in the Mushroom Kingdom, but all it is is one huge stage that at the end takes you to a match with your powered -up abilities, and so it's just another single-player mode and not Adventure Mode. It would be awesome if Smash Bros. Wii U expanded upon Smash Run with the Nintendo worlds to run through along with a famous boss from each game world to fight at the end of each one.

This^
Also I wish Meta Knight was announced today.:€

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic