Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,341 to 7,360 of 27,917

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Guys, there's a Super Smash Bros. Invitational that's just been announced and an event at Best Buy called Smash Fest!

Best Buy.... Y U NO NEAR ME!?!?!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

Super Smash Bros. Invitational
2014 will see the arrival of not one, but two new Super Smash Bros. games: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. To commemorate this occasion, Nintendo is inviting 16 highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to compete in a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament. Thousands of fans in the audience and countless more watching a live stream online will see new Super Smash Bros. characters clash with existing favorites in action for the first time. More important than declaring a winner, however, this event is a celebration of all things Super Smash Bros., and a great way for new and veteran fans to take part in a tribute to this legendary franchise. More information about the 16 invited participants in the tournament, the identity of the announcers, and how fans of the franchise can view the tournament in person and via webcast, will be communicated shortly.

Super Smash Bros. Smash Fest @ Best Buy
In 2013, Nintendo broke new ground by expanding its E3 activities outside of the walls of the Los Angeles Convention Center and letting fans play some of the games being played on the show floor at participating Best Buy stores. The partnership between Nintendo and Best Buy continues in 2014 and will mark the first time around the world that fans have had the opportunity to get their hands on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/nintendo_lifts_the_l...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Budda

DestinyMan wrote:

What's interesting about Smash Fest @ Best Buy is that it's worldwide and not just the United States. The description also doesn't state that there will be select Best Buys having it like last year, though I'm still going to assume that system will be back until Nintendo confirms otherwise.

Whatever you call "worldwide".
There are no Best Buy in Europe for example. Not that I know of. :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Shirma_Akayaku

I hope someone plays as Rosalina
Also hoping for Pit, ZZS, Wii Fit TRAINERS, Villager, Little Mac, and Mega Man to be played by the pro players!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Orngeblu

Omg!! This is so cool! So, I'm just wondering what high level players they're going to invite. I'm thinking M2K, maybe Armada and Mango, Mr. R, umm that one ZSS player who beat M2K at Apex 2013 (or 2012?) and won first place. I can't recall much of anyone else, and two I mentioned are Melee, not Brawl players.

This is so cool, and, if anything, it will likely be no items, and purely final destination...because Nintendo has no idea how real competitive Smash is played, but whatever, I'll be fine with it.

This is so hype.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Joeynator3000

Chances are I'll be able to play Smash then, was able to play the Wii U last year during that event. So, yeah.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

Esports are a big deal these days and if you have a first party franchises that can make it you might as well do something. Nintendo/Pokemon Company has been doing this for years now with Pokemon and its only helped the fanbase grow. Like wise Halo 4 was facing population issues last year but microsoft held a year long Halo 4 tournament ending it with a cool live event where the Final 8 when head to head on stage, and it really helped get excitement back for Halo 4 multiplayer. They've been doing the same with KI holding Killer Instinct tournaments at microsoft store.

I wonder if we might see the game at EVO as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JoyBoy

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

What's interesting about Smash Fest @ Best Buy is that it's worldwide and not just the United States. The description also doesn't state that there will be select Best Buys having it like last year, though I'm still going to assume that system will be back until Nintendo confirms otherwise.

Whatever you call "worldwide".
There are no Best Buy in Europe for example. Not that I know of. :3

Don't you understand there is just one world... the New World... America...flies the flag

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Randomname19

Challenger approaching:the Regginator XD
Untitled

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Joeynator3000

I get the weird feeling he's going to be an actual character. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Orngeblu

I also find it funny no one is bashing on this. Last I checked, most, if not call, casual players hated the competitive scene (for no valid reason), but now they have a change of heart because Nintendo is encouraging it? Now they want to watch high level players, play?

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

shingi_70

Orngeblu wrote:

I also find it funny no one is bashing on this. Last I checked, casual players hated the competitive scene (for no valid reason), but now they have a change of heart because Nintendo is encouraging it? Now they want to watch high level players, play?

People tend hate the Competitive scene due to arrogance that tends to come with it, as well most people see playing competitive not being fun at all. Most people are excited to see non PR videos of smash played.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Joeynator3000

Maybe because the game isn't out yet? I don't care for competitive when it comes to this game, but I don't mind watching a couple fights from this game.
EDIT: Ugh, NL is acting up again. :c

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Orngeblu

Found a list on Smashboards of possible candidates for the tournament, and it looks fair to me. I forgot about Ken, and Isai from the Smash documentary. :c

Mew2King - One of the best at Brawl and Melee
Isai - Best at Smash 64
PPMD - Apex Champion
Mango - EVO Champion
Gnes - MLG 2010 Champion for Brawl
Ally - Best Brawl players for several years
PC Chris - MLG 2006 Champion for Melee
KoreanDJ - MLG 2006 Runner up and winner of the 2008 Best Buy launch tournament (Crystal Wii)
Ken - Undisputed Worlds best Melee player from 2004-2006 and Survivor star
Chu Dat - One of the best Melee and Brawl players, also made it to Top 8 of the Brawl GameStop launch event
Azen - One of the best overall gamers alive and one of the best veteran Melee players
Hungrybox - One of the big 5 Melee players and sponsored by Curse
Lee Martin - Top Brawl player and winner of the 2008 GameStop Launch tournament
Nairo - Apex Champion and arguably the best Brawl player at current
ADHD - One of the best Brawl players
DEHF - One of the best Brawl and rising Melee players, Apex Champion

A couple of these I don't know, though...

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Orngeblu

Jazzer94 wrote:

Mew2King is pretty much guaranteed a place.

Yeah, I expect Mew2King to be guaranteed as well, he's one of the most well-known Smashers, plays both Melee and Brawl at top level.

I've tried playing both...a certain mod, and Brawl at the same time. Couldn't do it.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Jazzer94

Orngeblu wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Mew2King is pretty much guaranteed a place.

Yeah, I expect Mew2King to be guaranteed as well, he's one of the most well-known Smashers, plays both Melee and Brawl at top level.

I've tried playing both...a certain mod, and Brawl at the same time. Couldn't do it.

I can play PM and Melee at the same time just not Brawl.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

BandG

Blast wrote:

justlink wrote:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

It would be cool if Meta Knight was revealed on Friday for the American release of Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but I won't hold my breath on it. He'll probably come later this summer.

Thinking of Meta Knight, I'll be interested to see what changes have been made to him.

ACTUALLY... I think there's a good chance he will be revealed Friday. Just how many newcomers is Nintendo saving for E3????

This made me think, why has Nintendo not released any new game announcements, then i was like, hmm, no new games except Mario Kart and SSB planned for Wii U 2014, then I was like E3 about a month and a half away, then i was OMG, there's probably gonna be a big amount of new games announced at e3, not only to tell nintendo fans, but to also attract other people to the Wii U with a big schedule!

Yup. E3 should be awesome for Nintendo. There's already 7-8 Wii U exclusives that's announced that should be talked about. Hopefully 3-4 Wii U exclusives will be revealed at E3, too.

How are there 7-8 exclusives for Wii U? I count 3:
1.Smash
2.Bayonetta 2
3.Hyrule Warriors

and there is NO way that nintendo would announce 3-4 new games, I say at least 5.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

DefHalan

BandG wrote:

How are there 7-8 exclusives for Wii U? I count 3:
1.Smash
2.Bayonetta 2
3.Hyrule Warriors

and there is NO way that nintendo would announce 3-4 new games, I say at least 5.

4. X
5. SMT X Fire Emblem
6. Yarn Yoshi

off the top of my head

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Wheeler

Tournament? Hell yeah! I'm glad I live in LA.

Edit: I can't wait to tell my nephew about this. I'm so pumped up for this.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic