Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,321 to 7,340 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@OdnetninAges It's certainly a unique cover, but I feel the arrangement down played all previous Smash Themes to an almost criminal extent. I like what they tried to do, but with a shaky performance and an iffy arrangement, I'm not sure I could get behind it, to be honest. Good effort from everyone involved, though. It was worth the watch.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

Squid wrote:

@Jazzer94: I do think it would be really cool, but at the same time it wouldn't make much sense since this Mega Man's powers and animations are specific to his original incarnation. I'd personally rather just let them keep the Mega Man we have now, but maybe just because he's my favorite version and I'm biased.

Same here. Classic has always been my favorite. It would be nice to have the other versions playable in some form for those that want them, but it's just wishful thinking.

So, I was wondering, have we discussed what Sakurai meant about Assist Trophies factoring into All-Star Mode? I don't know if I missed it or if nobody had any thoughts on it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Joeynator3000

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Squid wrote:

@Jazzer94: I do think it would be really cool, but at the same time it wouldn't make much sense since this Mega Man's powers and animations are specific to his original incarnation. I'd personally rather just let them keep the Mega Man we have now, but maybe just because he's my favorite version and I'm biased.

Same here. Classic has always been my favorite. It would be nice to have the other versions playable in some form for those that want them, but it's just wishful thinking.

So, I was wondering, have we discussed what Sakurai meant about Assist Trophies factoring into All-Star Mode? I don't know if I missed it or if nobody had any thoughts on it.

....Yeah saw that too, no clue...I keep thinking its going to be in a certain mode only, it better not....I still wanna have my Pokeballs, Assist Trophies, Smash Balls-only battles. x3

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

Squid wrote:

I know it wouldn't make sense but SSB has never had to make sense thats why its such a fun series, the original Megaman is my favorite also but I wouldn't mind being able to play as X or Volnutt for when there are doubles as the normal palette swap is boring (excluding Smaus, Snake and Pokemon like Pikachu and Jigglypuff).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

K964

DestinyMan wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

So, I was wondering, have we discussed what Sakurai meant about Assist Trophies factoring into All-Star Mode?

Where in the world did you read or hear about that?

Sakurai mentioned it in the Smash Bros direct. He said that because they factor into All-Star Mode, he wants to fit in as many as he can. I think that's proof that the Wii U version will have more assist characters, since he just said he wanted to fit in as many as possible, and what's a better opportunity to do just that than extra months of development time?

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

K964

I think that all all of the assist trophies that have been revealed so far are in both versions regardless of what system they appeared on, and predict that after the 3DS version is released we'll get a Pic of the Day showing off a new assist trophy and a comment along the lines of "Don't bother looking for this in the 3DS version."

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

OdnetninAges

K964 wrote:

I think that all all of the assist trophies that have been revealed so far are in both versions regardless of what system they appeared on, and predict that after the 3DS version is released we'll get a Pic of the Day showing off a new assist trophy and a comment along the lines of "Don't bother looking for this in the 3DS version."

Yeah, this is what I'm going with for now, too.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

It would be cool if Meta Knight was revealed on Friday for the American release of Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but I won't hold my breath on it. He'll probably come later this summer.

Thinking of Meta Knight, I'll be interested to see what changes have been made to him.

Given his reputation as a game breaker I think he's either going to be cut or changed around quite a bit.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

It would be cool if Meta Knight was revealed on Friday for the American release of Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but I won't hold my breath on it. He'll probably come later this summer.

Thinking of Meta Knight, I'll be interested to see what changes have been made to him.

ACTUALLY... I think there's a good chance he will be revealed Friday. Just how many newcomers is Nintendo saving for E3????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo6400

Meta Knight will be back with a changed moveset. I'm hoping he'll be revealed this Friday but he wasn't actually really in the game. Only cameo appearances

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

Metaknight will probably be changed up about as much as Pit was. His ridiculous gliding will most likely get nerfed, if not removed completely. I could also see them making him a much faster character, in general.

SparkOfSpirit

He'll be as nerfed as Kirby, Pikachu, and Ness were in Melee.

... Okay, maybe not THAT badly nerfed. Just tweaked.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm sure Meta Knight will be changed a bit, but I'm not really sure how. I've heard complaints that he's overpowered in a number of areas, and the general conclusion seems to be that he's at least badly balanced in some ways. He'll probably be a great character (but not enough to be called OP) this time around, and I hope he can shake off the bad reputation from Brawl.

As far as the Assist Trophies go, most of them being in both versions seems to be a safe assumption. Each version having some exclusive ones would make sense, as well. What purpose they could have in All-Star still baffles me. They aren't fighters, most of them are unaffected by attacks, and their abilities are rather simplistic. They only thing I can think of is that, when they appear in All-Star, they are treated as an enemy. They would sort of be like the enemies in Subspace Emissary and Smash Run, but with a bit more health. So, they'd be similar to a boss, but would only appear while fighting the matching series' playable character. Or maybe, much like the playable characters in All-Star, each Assist Trophy character appears once at some time during the mode so you get to see all of them. Really, it could be anything at this point since we don't know otherwise.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Justlink

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

ACTUALLY... I think there's a good chance he will be revealed Friday. Just how many newcomers is Nintendo saving for E3????

This made me think, why has Nintendo not released any new game announcements, then i was like, hmm, no new games except Mario Kart and SSB planned for Wii U 2014, then I was like E3 about a month and a half away, then i was OMG, there's probably gonna be a big amount of new games announced at e3, not only to tell nintendo fans, but to also attract other people to the Wii U with a big schedule!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

UGXwolf

Ok, so tethering isn't gone. That's both good to know and very interesting. Think he made the timing easier on this iteration?

Pit-Stain

Was it possible for two players to use their tether recovery on the same ledge in Brawl and Melee?

Pit-Stain

Jazzer94

I wonder if hook shot got a range boost as well.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MegaStoneSmash91

Alright, tether recoveries are back! Was there any doubt? I do like the range boost as sometimes it was difficult to get close enough without someone else interrupting you.

In Melee, tether recoveries are more of an extra than a real utility, especially since only 3 characters have them. They help out sometimes, sure, but most often it's better to just use your up-special. Usually they are only a real option on stages that have vertical walls on the sides where the edges are. If you are too low to recover otherwise, a tether will give you a much needed boost. The way they work in Melee is also different. In Brawl, tether recoveries atomatically grab an edge if you are close enough to it. You will also be pulled directly to the edge after ending the tether, whereas in Melee you still have to jump to the edge manually. In Melee, tether recoveries travel completely straight horizontally and rely on your own ability to aim and hit something with them, which is usually a wall. Hitting something will allow you to hang there for a while wherever you end up, be it right on a ledge or in the middle of a wall. I'm not certain, but I would imagine if four Links all tried to do this at the same time, it wouldn't work out too well.

@Pit-Stain In Brawl, if a character has already used a tether recovery on a ledge, another character cannot do the same until the first character gets off. So, if Link is hanging from his Clawshot after a tether, and Olimar comes along trying to recover, all the Pikmin in the world will not allow him to tether on the same edge at the same time as Link.

It appears tether recoveries will have the same trumping system as normal edge grabs in these new games. That probably means that someone can use their tether to kick someone else's tether off the edge. Or maybe more than one can tether at a time, but only one will be able to grab the ledge. Since the tethers seem to be the the same auto-lock type as in Brawl, this would be easy to do.

@Jazzer94 I very much doubt that Link's Clawshot/Hookshot has greater reach anywhere it's used. This most likely only applies to tethers.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Blast

justlink wrote:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

This made me think, why has Nintendo not released any new game announcements, then i was like, hmm, no new games except Mario Kart and SSB planned for Wii U 2014, then I was like E3 about a month and a half away, then i was OMG, there's probably gonna be a big amount of new games announced at e3, not only to tell nintendo fans, but to also attract other people to the Wii U with a big schedule!

Yup. E3 should be awesome for Nintendo. There's already 7-8 Wii U exclusives that's announced that should be talked about. Hopefully 3-4 Wii U exclusives will be revealed at E3, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic